GC writers any thoughts on how to proceed

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
backstory:

saturday night after closing i went up to a girl i thought was my friend’s girlfriend. realized it wasn’t. but she was already full on bambi eyes. interaction went really well for maybe ten minutes. then she had to leave with her friends. the interaction was probably all free association and no comfort/relatability. she told me to take her number so we could meet up sometime.

so i’ve texted her very little and so far she is always responding. both of us very slow. the problem is she’s out of town for the week. i don’t know if to keep her interested i should try to create some comfort over text. my inclination is to like recent text and then text her again next week. i really don’t want to try to game her over text. but if i have to i feel like it’s better to do when she’s here.

realistically, this week of her being away makes it more dificult. i do really well with girls i really like and she is my type. so i’m hopeful, but realistic.

here’s the text. what are your guys thoughts?

yyHnOGP.jpg

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
"That is great. Text me when you are back in town and let me know how your schedule looks. Hope your time away is fun."

Puts the ball in her court and invites her to share her adventures. If she sends you selfies while abroad, it's a good sign. If she reconnects next week, then great.

No word for 2 weeks then maybe a reconnect text.

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
i don’t really like the idea of “putting the ball in her court.” this is a very attractive girl. she has a lot of guys texting her i’m sure. if i leave it to her to text when she gets back she probably won’t. i don’t really have any investment from her yet other than her responding to my texts. so if i send a text she doesn’t respond to, i would then have zero investment.

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
naturalmikey said:
i don’t really like the idea of “putting the ball in her court.” this is a very attractive girl. she has a lot of guys texting her i’m sure. if i leave it to her to text when she gets back she probably won’t. i don’t really have any investment from her yet other than her responding to my texts. so if i send a text she doesn’t respond to, i would then have zero investment.

Yup, don't put the ball in her court, you'll never hear from her.

Just keep it simple, text her when she's back (maybe wait a 1-2 days after she's actually back though so you don't come across as thirsty).

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I just liked the message and i'll message her early next week. i have no way of knowing when she'll be back. probably sunday, so waiting until like tuesday is probably a good idea. the problem is the more time in between us meeting the less she'll remember me. but that's inevitable due to her leaving town. but it's just a lead and they don't always materialize.

>