How to deal with an undermining woman?

Jakeroviks

Space Monkey
space monkey
I'm in school with a girl who is constantly trying to undermine me, and I want to know how to most gracefully handle the situation.

I'm an outspoken guy. I'm confident, dominant, and I have a playful, if somewhat dark sense of humor. I've teased her a lot, and she didn't seem to respond well.

She started out friendly, and slowly went to throwing out hostile little quips after I speak. Often they make no sense, and I've either ignored them or responded playfully.

I'm naturally flirty, but have 0 interest in this girl. She has been calling me "buddy", really stressing the "buddy" part everytime she says it. She has also condescendingly shot down my sense of humor a few times, like how I'd expect a hot girl trying to push off a guy hitting on her, except I'm not interested and she's not attractive.

Overall, it's a wierd dynamic and I'm not sure where it's coming from. My guesses are that she thinks I'm hitting on her and she's not interested, she's jealous/ intimidated, or she's shit testing. But none of this feels like a shit test.

This is an unconventional question for the GC forums, but you guys always have good insight, and I'm interested in what you have to say. What are your thoughts?

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Jakeroviks said:
I'm in school with a girl who is constantly trying to undermine me, and I want to know how to most gracefully handle the situation.

I'm an outspoken guy. I'm confident, dominant, and I have a playful, if somewhat dark sense of humor. I've teased her a lot, and she didn't seem to respond well.

She started out friendly, and slowly went to throwing out hostile little quips after I speak. Often they make no sense, and I've either ignored them or responded playfully.

I'm naturally flirty, but have 0 interest in this girl. She has been calling me "buddy", really stressing the "buddy" part everytime she says it. She has also condescendingly shot down my sense of humor a few times, like how I'd expect a hot girl trying to push off a guy hitting on her, except I'm not interested and she's not attractive.

Overall, it's a wierd dynamic and I'm not sure where it's coming from. My guesses are that she thinks I'm hitting on her and she's not interested, she's jealous/ intimidated, or she's shit testing. But none of this feels like a shit test.

This is an unconventional question for the GC forums, but you guys always have good insight, and I'm interested in what you have to say. What are your thoughts?

You already know the answer. You've teased her a lot and yet you don't find her attractive. So assuming you are the one out of her league, she now thinks you're unattainable. I'd cut out the teasing and be a little warmer towards her if you want her to cut the bs, because honestly it sounds like you asked for this one by teasing her a lot.

Ask yourself this. If some girl who was way out of your league, and she didn't find you attractive, and she started teasing you a lot, would you take it well? Probably not. :)

Jakeroviks

Space Monkey
space monkey
JacobPalmer said:
Jakeroviks said:

You already know the answer. You've teased her a lot and yet you don't find her attractive. So assuming you are the one out of her league, she now thinks you're unattainable. I'd cut out the teasing and be a little warmer towards her if you want her to cut the bs, because honestly it sounds like you asked for this one by teasing her a lot.

Ask yourself this. If some girl who was way out of your league, and she didn't find you attractive, and she started teasing you a lot, would you take it well? Probably not. :)

Let me think. If Megan Fox came up to me and starting busting my balls, how would I react? Either I'd take it as a positive and bust back, or I'd be dumbfounded. Probably the latter, If I'm being honest with myself.

I think you're right. Sometimes I forget how far I've come, thinking back myself as a shy, socially harmless kid, and forget the power that I have now. I probably just need to chill and be friendly. Thank for the insight.

>