I have a hard time standing close to women.

Noitard

Space Monkey
space monkey
I have had a hard time standing close to women; how close should I stand, and how to get away with it?

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Don't just stand next to them, talk to them. Or else you're going to feel uncomfortable because you both know that you want to talk to her but you're not making a move. So if you're just going to stand next to her and not do anything.....then I have no advice to give. :) Or is the standing close to her after you've opened her or are on a date?

Noitard

Space Monkey
space monkey
Of course, talk to them; I just ave a habit of talking whilst standing way off, too far to easily touch, which is what I need to get better at-standing closer, when in conversation. I used to bably hover, but don't do that much, any more; I just talk standing way off with women, and am getting used to standing close enough to hug, now.

matteo-d

Space Monkey
space monkey
Everybody has a different space limit he feels like is ok

Don't think every woman like the same proximity, you have to notice her body language to know if she feels comfortable or not.

When you're talking with her, look for signs of agreement, as long as you see them, you can go on getting your body closer.
When you don't see any sign of agreement, take one step away, to make her feel understood, and to show that you respect her feelings.

Agreement signals:
- Head nodding up and down
- eyebrows rising
- eyes widening
- smiling
- body turning toward you
- animated expression
- arms open

Lack of agreement signals:
- Head shaking side to side
- Eyebrows lowering
- Frowning
- Body turning away from you
- Blank expression
- Arms crossed

Noitard

Space Monkey
space monkey
You are talking to someone who starts often with, fwo, three feet of space between me, and other women; I could move closer, without being super close, is what Im saying. As is, I'm kind of reactive, and want to be closer then in SIberia, when starting out talking to women. In any case, I am getting wquite a bit better, if only in my confidence that I can attract a fairly swathe of the female population, just by confidence, and goodd posture, without being creepy. I'm working in innuendo and flirtation, and am getting decent reactions, so far; I think I'm statrting to get it.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
if you were walking beside them, where would you be in terms of distance? Sometimes not squaring up face to face is less threatening at first. Think of the "side hug" as a good touch barrier breaker.

Noitard

Space Monkey
space monkey
THe side hug could be doable for me in some instances. How close do the top pickup artists stand when introducing themselves to ladies?

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Noitard said:
THe side hug could be doable for me in some instances. How close do the top pickup artists stand when introducing themselves to ladies?

You want to be close enough that you could both reach out and shake hands.

Handshake-3.jpg

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Noitard said:
So start close, back off, if needed.

pressure on pressure off. so get close and make deep eye contact then turn your body language and break eye contact.

>