Living in NYC and wisdom for guys wanting to make it in this city.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
NYC, in my honest opinion, is probably the best city out there for a guy to really try his luck and develop himself. The city is home to thousands of fresh talent that moves in every year, I'd say maybe even millions. Girls from the hottest schools move to this city to work in marketing, advertising, and fashion as well as the countless women from foreign countries. I will eventually post about the best nightlife spots in NYC but for now, I want to talk about some of the lessons I have learned being in this city.

This city spoils you.

In terms of game, it really does spoil you as a guy. Every block in Manhattan you will run into approachable women who look good, the quality here is unreal and for the most part it is not a sausagefest. Despite all of this, I will say get ready to get some blowouts from women who have to be somewhere and simply do not have time for small talk. I have always found daygame a challenge in this city but I am not the type to daygame as much. Subway stops and waiting in line for coffee has worked for me, street approaches are really something else. Certain areas of the city have been treasures for me with daygame, especially playing the act of pretending to be lost. The eye candy though, it is truly off the maps.

Socially, it is an open city. Arguably one of the best major cities to start a new social life in.

I have found that it is somewhat easier to make new friends in this city compared to other cities. Maybe it is the fact that people move here with new aspirations and don't have as much of an attachment to their circles but there is something special to the social atmosphere of this city. Whether it is some international trying to make new friends or someone fresh out of school no longer wanting to stay with their circle, the possibilities for expanding your social life in this city are better than the majority. One of my friends moved here from Dallas and he already notices the difference, how cliques are not as tight and really, people want to associate with those that provide value and are worth being around. I have known so many friend groups here that met in the city instead of sticking closely together since childhood.

The kinds of people you get to be around in Manhattan are usually always trying to grow and expand their lives, mindset, and truly work towards something. Even the trust fund babies in the city are some cool kids once you get to know them, often just wanting to be around people that entertain them or add excitement to their lives. In other words, you determine how good or bad your social life is here as cliques dating back to high school and college are not as common as they would be in other cities.

Every area has its vibe.

Once you expand outside of Time Square, even in Manhattan you notice certain things.

LES = Early 20s kids still stuck in the college mindset
West Village = NYU kids and more upscale party animals in their late 20s (hello Meatpacking!)
Hell's Kitchen = Rich internationals and IB guys buying high quality apartments for a lower price
Midtown = Gay, like in most other cities
East Village = A more calm version of LES but the party is still there
Soho = Europeans, fashionistas, and more of the international crowd
Murray Hill = Fratty fresh out of college kids and rich Jewish kids, also Finance guys
FIDI = A more quiet part which seems empty on weekends, once again financial folks
Upper West Side and Upper East Side = The crowd that is ready to settle down a little but hates the thought of getting out of Manhattan

Even Harlem is starting to slowly gentrify. Obviously Brooklyn has its hip parts like Williamsburg and Queens has LIC (was supposed to be the home of Amazon) and Astoria. The Bronx is, well, still the Bronx!

But do yourself a favor if you want to enjoy NYC, stick to Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn. Queens should be the last resort.

The fun and pretty women are really all in Manhattan and certain parts of Brooklyn, mainly Williamsburg. Don't be one of those guys who ends up in Jersey, even Hoboken sucks for game is loaded with tight knit cliques of Rutgers grads and Jersey trash that parties there. I have friends who live in Hoboken and hate their lives, don't do that to yourself. Even Queens is a hit or miss, sure LIC is taking off regardless of what happened with Amazon but it is a far cry from what Manhattan can offer. Literally most people worth hanging out with live in Manhattan or select parts of Brooklyn that are hip, outside of that, you're wasting your time.

The famous nightlife spots are literally a hit or miss.

I will do a separate post for this as I mention the best nightlife spots for the city but outside of a handful (which will be mentioned in the upcoming pot), a lot of places in NYC are a hit or miss, especially the popular ones. Go one night to find that the place is fun and loaded with hot girls but then find the same place is a sausagefest or loaded with tight knit groups. Being in the city, outside of a few place, you have to know when to go to what place.

Overtime, I have started to prefer local Manhattan girls, fresh out of college girls who aren't from the northeast, and obviously European girls. What this means is I avoid certain spots in that might attract more of a "Bridge and Tunnel" crowd, speaking of which....

A lot of locals hate the "Bridge and Tunnel" crowd, especially its women, and after being here long enough you realize there are good reasons behind that.

People say Bridge and Tunnel as a slang to bash anyone that has to take a bridge or a tunnel to come to Manhattan but what they really mean are folks from Jersey, Staten Island, and Long Island. Ideally, everyone wants to live in Manhattan if they can afford it but not everyone can so they live in Jersey (usually Hoboken) and come to Manhattan for not just work but also partying. People use this term to slander a place, often saying not to go to a bar or nightclub because it is very "Bridge and Tunnel". Maybe this deserves its own post but for now, let me dig into why you realize that these people mostly suck and will learn to hate them too.

After living here long enough, I have learned that New Jersey deserves all of the bad press it gets.

Every bad stereotype people have of New Yorkers comes from these people.

Rude? Guidos? Narcissist? All of those stereotypes come from Jersey and residents of other neighboring areas that wished they lived in NYC. Manhattan itself is mostly tourists, rich foreigners, and well to do white collar professionals not from the city (or even region) itself who come here to work and play. The crowd of Manhattan is generally easy to get along with as long as you are going places in life yourself and have some substance, meanwhile, the Bridge and Tunnel crowd is often not.

The women are the most narcissistic overcompensating sociopathic drama queens you can imagine.

New Jersey generally gives birth to some of the worst women in this country, imagine the worst traits of sociopath women that Chase has written about, it applies to most Jersey girls. 100+ selfies at Manhattan rooftops? CHECK.

They also tend to ruin great nightlife spots once they hear about them.

Ever watch the South Park episode on New Jersey people? How they infest any given area and make life hell for everyone there. Well not that extreme but any club or bar that falls victim to Bridge and Tunnel ends up is a nightmare for anyone to game in. You are stuck with hyper-cliquish crowds of Jersey girls trying to overcompensate for so much and aggressive cockblocking bros. Avoid the Brass Monkey and bars in that area for your own benefit.

You also realize that these people are just real sad after a while.

Whether it is the countless wannabes taking tons of selfies at Manhattan rooftops, the bros trying to AMOG you or being loud to get attention, and just people from there in general, after a while you realize how sad they are. You realize how deep down inside the tough exterior, cry for attention, narcissism, and cliquishness that floods certain Manhattan bars are people desperate to climb the ladder. Even Alek said it in his posts about picking a nightlife venue how the most reputed ones attract try-hards.

But the quality always finds a way to come back in this city, that's the beauty of it. Nightlife changes so fast in this city and that's beauty of it, which is why this post may as well only be good for a limited time.

New Jersey crowd ruins bars and nightclubs in Meatpacking? No problem, the hot girls and Manhattan crowd simply avoids that place and goes to other places.

Club was good for a year? Now the Jersey crowd has ruined it, so you go to other clubs that are hot.

The resilience of this great city shows in its nightlife, locals are always adjusting on the fly and new places are always taking off. For the best places, it is always the place that has not yet gone viral but is on its way to going viral. There is almost that tipping point before a place has become popular all over versus when it is thriving and becoming popular. Most of the worthwhile places in this city are those that Manhattan residents are aware of, gathering there as some sort of a little secret exclusive spot, until the Bridge and Tunnel crowd catches on and it lowers the quality.

Give the happy hour spots and weekdays a chance, they are treasures!

Happy Hour game on Thursday and pool parties during the day on weekends when it is summer time? Way more approachable girls than Saturday night at Meatpacking. Summer time is rooftop season and everyone is out and about. One added benefit of Happy Hour spots and daytime spots? You avoid the Jersey and Bridge and Tunnel crowd, since they largely go to party during the Friday and Saturday nights. You are swarmed by local Manhattan girls who you will find are actually nicer and more approachable, the cliquishness just isn't there.

The city is truly a unique type, one I feel like any man in his youth wanting to run game has to spend time in!

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Interesting post, I feel like it's mostly positive and puts NYC in a good light, and yet having lived here now almost ten years there's a whole lot that I disagree with as well that you made note of. Which is interesting that we have such different experiences, I guess it really shows how that can shape perspectives.

Oh Pry said:
Every block in Manhattan you will run into approachable women who look good, the quality here is unreal and for the most part it is not a sausagefest.
Oh Pry said:
The eye candy though, it is truly off the maps.

I've found NYC to be a city of 7's on average, with a few 8's and 9's scattered around. Actually find the quality a bit underwhelming as of late to be honest, sometimes it's hard to walk around and find girls worth approaching.

I still make it a point to approach at least five girls a day, every single day. But I'm way more selective now than I used to be. Too many 7's.

Oh Pry said:
I will say get ready to get some blowouts from women who have to be somewhere and simply do not have time for small talk.

I've found being very direct and quick number grabs work best for these situations. If a girl shows interest on the approach but has to run, I'll usually ask if she's single, and then do a quick number grab and tell her I'll text her later. Then you just do efficient texting to get them out (sometimes building comfort by text). Have had lots of dates from day game approaches that lasted 1-2 minutes; it's not the highest conversion approach but it's definitely good enough.

Oh Pry said:
Certain areas of the city have been treasures for me with daygame, especially playing the act of pretending to be lost.

I've never really understood the "lost" act; at some point you have to tell them you live there.

Oh Pry said:
I have always found daygame a challenge in this city but I am not the type to daygame as much. Subway stops and waiting in line for coffee has worked for me, street approaches are really something else.

For Day Game getting all leads from street approaches, coffee shops, and subways right now. I've found coffee shops to be the best if you can sit next to her and have an instant date, otherwise street approaches takes the cake.

Oh Pry said:
I have found that it is somewhat easier to make new friends in this city compared to other cities. Maybe it is the fact that people move here with new aspirations and don't have as much of an attachment to their circles but there is something special to the social atmosphere of this city. Whether it is some international trying to make new friends or someone fresh out of school no longer wanting to stay with their circle, the possibilities for expanding your social life in this city are better than the majority. One of my friends moved here from Dallas and he already notices the difference, how cliques are not as tight and really, people want to associate with those that provide value and are worth being around. I have known so many friend groups here that met in the city instead of sticking closely together since childhood.

The kinds of people you get to be around in Manhattan are usually always trying to grow and expand their lives, mindset, and truly work towards something. Even the trust fund babies in the city are some cool kids once you get to know them, often just wanting to be around people that entertain them or add excitement to their lives. In other words, you determine how good or bad your social life is here as cliques dating back to high school and college are not as common as they would be in other cities.

Yeah NYC is super independent, so there are naturally less cliques as a result. It's much easier to break into people's groups and make friends as a result, because everyone here seems to be ambitious and working towards something. So people like to hang around similarly minded people rather than stick in cliques and play that game.

At the same time it can make the city unusually lonely.

Oh Pry said:
Don't be one of those guys who ends up in Jersey, even Hoboken sucks for game is loaded with tight knit cliques of Rutgers grads and Jersey trash that parties there. I have friends who live in Hoboken and hate their lives, don't do that to yourself.

Really?? Not really sure where you got this from. I lived in Hoboken for three years and loved it. In fact, my time there was the last time I was really, truly killing it in game. There was one three week period where I got laid every single night either with new girls or NYC based FBs/mLTRs. Lots of hot white girls in town too - and the fact that the PATH ends in Hoboken also makes it very easy to approach girls coming out of the subway and propose instant dates.

Oh Pry said:
I will do a separate post for this as I mention the best nightlife spots for the city but outside of a handful (which will be mentioned in the upcoming pot), a lot of places in NYC are a hit or miss, especially the popular ones. Go one night to find that the place is fun and loaded with hot girls but then find the same place is a sausagefest or loaded with tight knit groups. Being in the city, outside of a few place, you have to know when to go to what place.

Curious what you will be listing here.

Have also noticed that there's a huge difference between venues - some are full of social circles, while others are full of women looking for dick. Really depends...

Oh Pry said:
After living here long enough, I have learned that New Jersey deserves all of the bad press it gets.

Lol, really?? Turning into quite the snob I see ;)

Anyway, on all the Jersey stuff I haven't had the same experience... met lots of cool girls in the city from Jersey in fact, or whom were born there but moved to the city. Same with Long Island and Westchester.

Oh Pry said:
for the most part it is not a sausagefest.

This is one of the best parts of NYC for the aspiring seducer/gamer:
- There are more women than men in NYC, I think it's like 53% to 47% or something. Which is a lot when you consider the metro area is 22 million people and the city itself is 9mil.
- A lot of those men are also gay, meaning the ratio is further skewed.
- People work their ass off here, including career minded ambitious women.
- It has the highest amounts of singles per capita in North America, not to mention the diversity.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Interesting that we differ so much on Jersey girls GP, I have always found them to be some of the worst girls out there if you aim for quality. My common issues with them have been:

1. Usually the stereotypical narcissist selfie queen that takes 100+ selfies trying to look cool.

2. Runs in a pack of large groups out at bars, most of the times douchey bro-types and a group of girls stuck in high school popularity mode.

3. Snobbier and icier in general.

4. Go for certain kinds of loser guys who fit the stereotypical try-hard tough guy stereotype. There is such a try-hard wannabe tough guy culture in that state which gets on my nerves.

5. People in general there center between douchey tough guy or snotty rich kid who you can see has an inferiority complex because he is below the kid that grew up in Manhattan, that Napoleon Complex almost. Cannot stand those people at all and I've gotten into it with a few of the types at work, very passive-aggressive or flat out rude people. These people literally seem to look for fights and even ruin some Manhattan bars because of it.

6. Lots of Italian Americans there which ties into number 5.

Now maybe you are going for ethnic women there or something GP, I have had Indian girls in NJ throw themselves at me, but I find that most of the times with white girls there it is the equivalent of gaming sorority sluts in a college town. Exception being that they are not nearly as classy, pretty, or cool as your typical sorority girl in Texas or Tennessee.

Maybe you are going for more nerdier girls or girls that are more independent types who don't go out at night or lack a social media account.

>