Is it better to call or text chicks from apps?

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Say if a chick gives you her number from an app, would it be better to call or text?

I tried texting with a chick, didn't go anywhere, she's shy or whatever the fuck is wrong with her.

Got another number way later after I asked, but didn't see it until way later at night and would feel awkward if I called randomly and I read Chase's article on best time to call n all that other shit.

Not gonna lie reading all the phone calls and text articles have fucked up my head a lil and put pressure on me not to fuck up, but I already tried without reading and messed up, so I wanna get it right this time.

What's the most effective way to communicate once you get the number?

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
My own guidelines, if it helps?

1. I *never* call. You're almost guaranteed to call at a wrong time. What will you do next? On the other hand, a text message is much lower pressure, she can answer when she has time. I understand that you do a better impression in person than in text, but then I'll do that when I meet her face to face.
2. Text messages are always cool, low key. Frequency is unpredictable. You don't want to establish a pattern, instead you keep her guessing. Sometimes answering right away. Sometimes leaving the message unread a couple of hours. You can chat a little bit back and forth, but you keep the goal in mind, which is to meet her face to face.
3. Better to stay within the same app. Don't ask me why, but many time I noticed a change in dynamics once we changed apps. At least until date and sex has happened.

But that is what works for me.

You can use the above as guidelines, but ultimately you need to figure out what works for you, and what doesn't.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'm pretty sure it boils down to where you are in the world. Where are you in the world?

Let's say in the US you never call, but text. But in no other country as far as I know outside to the US you actually text. You WhatsApp or whatever. If you are in Russia and related countries, you may actually want to call her old fashioned on the phone. If you are not in the US and not in Russia, somewhere in between, in the rest of the world, you may actually want to call her some time, or WhatsApp or whatever at other times? It's down to calibration and the specific girl. That's my best educated guess. Once I was explicitly told that she would be fascinated if I would actually call her on the phone the old fashioned way, not like all those other guys, who are only able to chat these days.

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Seppuku said:
My own guidelines, if it helps?

1. I *never* call. You're almost guaranteed to call at a wrong time. What will you do next? On the other hand, a text message is much lower pressure, she can answer when she has time. I understand that you do a better impression in person than in text, but then I'll do that when I meet her face to face.
2. Text messages are always cool, low key. Frequency is unpredictable. You don't want to establish a pattern, instead you keep her guessing. Sometimes answering right away. Sometimes leaving the message unread a couple of hours. You can chat a little bit back and forth, but you keep the goal in mind, which is to meet her face to face.
3. Better to stay within the same app. Don't ask me why, but many time I noticed a change in dynamics once we changed apps. At least until date and sex has happened.

But that is what works for me.

You can use the above as guidelines, but ultimately you need to figure out what works for you, and what doesn't.

Thanks man!

Yeah I don't want to call either, I did feel like I lost a girl because I didn't call. I got a girls number texted her and tried to ask her a quick question go build some rapport, she ignored it, then I asked her out days later, ignored.

I felt I needed to call first because I could build a connection that way, what do you think happened with that situation? Do you think I still shouldn't have called?

Yeah everyone's different because I think Chase likes calling, or thinks it makes getting the meet easier.

And what do you mean by going to different apps and to stay on the same one?

Do you mean to stay on the dating app and talk and get a date off there? Or do you mean don't go to a dating app to what's app or something ?

I like to get the girls number from the app and talk from there, but Idk if that's what u mean.

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Space said:
I'm pretty sure it boils down to where you are in the world. Where are you in the world?

Let's say in the US you never call, but text. But in no other country as far as I know outside to the US you actually text. You WhatsApp or whatever. If you are in Russia and related countries, you may actually want to call her old fashioned on the phone. If you are not in the US and not in Russia, somewhere in between, in the rest of the world, you may actually want to call her some time, or WhatsApp or whatever at other times? It's down to calibration and the specific girl. That's my best educated guess. Once I was explicitly told that she would be fascinated if I would actually call her on the phone the old fashioned way, not like all those other guys, who are only able to chat these days.

I'm in the US my man.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I have had luck getting the number, texting a couple times then telling her I was driving and if she could call we could continue the conversation.

1) it gives you a time constraint.
2) it shows you are a busy guy
3) it allows you to use voice inflection to convey emotion and meaning.
4) it requires a little investment on her part.
5) you an reply to her questions quicker and direct the conversation better.

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Fuck This said:
I have had luck getting the number, texting a couple times then telling her I was driving and if she could call we could continue the conversation.

1) it gives you a time constraint.
2) it shows you are a busy guy
3) it allows you to use voice inflection to convey emotion and meaning.
4) it requires a little investment on her part.
5) you an reply to her questions quicker and direct the conversation better.

Yeah them calling you seems to be better and easier.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Sub-Zero said:
Space said:
I'm in the US my man.
Then it's easy. Everyone knows (you see? I'm European and I still know it) that the US is the only country where you don't call another human being on the phone ever. When in Russia (or the former Soviet Union), you are more likely call someone, when not in the US and not in the former Soviet Union, you calibrate: Sometimes you call (someone), sometimes you don't (call someone).

>