Revealing Seduction Knowledge

Damien

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey guys,

what do you answer when somebody asks you if you know about PUA, NLP and seduction etc? I talk about it with a couple of my close friends, but not with people I don't know that well.

Had a guy yesterday commenting on me that he enjoys seeing me flirt, while I was flirting (like at the same moment) and asked me if I know about PUA and NLP. I kind of denied it while talking to the girl, but it definitely hit me off guard. It doesn't happen very often but I feel when it happens its from guys that are not so experienced. Stil not sure how to handle that correctly.
I think the best answer is to playfully exaggerate it like "what should that be, not clue! *wink*".
I'm not really comfortable talking about seduction with people I don't know well, cuz it makes you seem manipulative if you don't have enough time to explain and even then it can get twisted, especially when someone uses the terms PUA and NLP. And they can use it to hurt your attainability - in the same way "he fucks all the girls" does.

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
To be honest I would not let anyone on on anything either. Most guys don't have a CLUE about dating dynamics. They can struggle and fail over and over again, you can do 10 times better but the moment you mention theory they look at you as if you are some kind of mad scientist. Also a lot of people feel threatened by guys who know a lot about dating psychology. Also why the hell is this guy analyzing you it is quite strange for me. Either he is sizing you up or feeling some secret rivalry. I would laugh it off and respond with something like "what is nlp?"

I don't trust male peers man, too many ladder climbers from where I am from.

Damien

Space Monkey
space monkey
Yeah I only talk about it with guys that are good with girls and that I already trust. Even then I don't tell them what exactly I'm reading. Only two of my friends have some idea, because they were my friends 8 years ago when I started the journey. Probably playfully denying is best for me, I'm a really bad liar, playful I can pull off a lot easier.
And on the guy yeah, I think he was competing while being impressed at the same time. Felt like below my level but not tooo far. Could become competition but since I'm moving a way soon it doesn't bother me much. But yeah these kind of situations happen every now and then.

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey man,

My experience? Most guys have shit fundamentals. As long as you really focus on fundamentals those most guys cannot compete or they blow themselves out of the water. The guy you are describing is making your level an issue, which shows he is intimidated. I would "law of least effort" him into oblivion. You win by not focusing on him but on girls and your fundamentals while he makes the error of competing with you which can make him come off as try hard.

I understand that soon he will be out of your ecosystem but I wanted to share the Dark Knight formula against such guys. Because honestly there are a legion of them out there, you have to be prepared, always.

Also about being a bad liar. You don't owe this guy anything, you don't have to qualify yourself. People stick their noses in matters which should not even interest them.

Damien

Space Monkey
space monkey
Yeah you're totally right, that's exactly what I do in 99% of the cases. But it did throw me out of balance for a minute (was a bit tipsy as well) and usually that means it is something that I haven't addressed properly so it makes me insecure. Like he touched a point that I don't feel comfortable when people know it, but yeah he can only suspect, so if I deny there shouldn't be an issue. This happens so rarely I'm not used to it.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Guys who know, know. I can watch a guy and see his attempts at kino or watch him do a routine, or hear a line he uses and pretty well figure out he has studied some aspect of seduction. I don't talk about strategy with other guys. Unless it is one of my close friends who is struggling. I also completely avoid any of the jargon.

To be honest it is mostly about guys reading signals from women.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Is it just me? My friends are pretty much aware of it. So what? After all, they know me as someone who has already Googled for a somewhat reasonable answer for every single reasonable question in existence. So imagine we are at the bar and my friends are ogling the girls and saying things like: "She is nice. How would you approach her? What would you do to her?" Etc. So I'm the strange guy in the group who Googled for some answers to these eternal questions to humanity. That's why I'm here.

You don't have to tell them every every dirty detail, but authors like Mark Manson (whose book is subtitled: Attract Women Through Honesty) are household names, what's wrong mentioning them? I'm just true to myself doing so. It's debatable whether pickup is personal development or not, but is as outside the realm of the average person as personal development. Mentioning this and that to my friends at least I keep myself entertained.

On a tactical level, I mostly go to different venues to meet my friends than to meet attractive girls.

>