want a dog, but worried it will ruin my dating life

mindful

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
What's up guys,

I've been thinking a lot about my life lately and a few months ago started getting serious about maybe bringing a dog into my life. I live in an area where owning a dog is very popular and very much pro dog-culture.

As much as I think a dog will enhance and bring joy to my life, I seriously think it will also hurt my dating life.

My worries:
1) hard to do dates during the week after work - need to play and exercise the dog.
2) If I do a date and bring a girl home - how can I push towards sex if my little furry friend is around
3) Feel weird having sex with a dog around

The only positive I see to having a dog for my dating life is the "hey lets go back to my place you can meet my dog".

Anyone successfully date with a dog or have thoughts?

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
Mindful dude a seriously think ya creating ya own barriers here. Get a dog if ya want, pictures with a dog is meant to really help online dating profiles! If ya think it'll help ya life get a dog.

Ya have to be responsible an it will need feeding an walking but ya can work dates around that. A hit the gym a lot an work dates around that. It's the same thing. Time commitment to something whatever it is ya work around it. Ya work around work yah??

Ya can easily push for sex with the dog there dude that's not an issue an if ya feel weird put the dog in the other room. Ya can't only have one room with everything in right? Toilet, shower, kitchen, bed all in one big room??

A house sat for a friend before with her dog an it wasn't a problem. Was a great reason to get girls back dude!!

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
mindful-

Interestingly, you didn't mentioned that the dog is the 2nd best crutch to socialize with girls. Of course, it depends on the breed, and personality of the dog, some dogs are more 'people dogs' than others. When walking the dog in the park, assuming you don't live in an American suburb but in a city like New York or something like a European city with a nice residential area and a park. The best crutch to meet girls, better than the dog is, of course, walking your baby in a stroller. But that makes a little more commitment than a dog.

I don't think we on this forum necessarily need crutches like that to meet girls, but if you happen to find joy in owning one, a dog, then I don't see anythings wrong with also maximizing that to your advantage when meeting girls. For everything else, as Fluxcapacitor said. Though I'm having a hard time deciphering his dialect.

>