Smiling and dominance/submission

NiceGuy110

Space Monkey
space monkey
I think it can kind of be confusing for some as to whether smiling is associated with dominance or submission, with there being a few mixed messages being given. I recall reading somewhere that dominant men smile less. It makes sense as a lot of smiling is done to be polite to one's superiors, or to laugh off embarrassment. And you've probably read somewhere that Tinder picks of men who are smiling are less likely to be viewed as one night stand options. However when some in the PUA community hear of smiling they might be more likely to associate it with dominance, in the sense of where you can get in life if you use your smile well.

Obviously dominant men need to smile too, and smiling with women you interact one on one with can have profound effects. So I presume it's all about smiling on your own accord... that it's okay to smile, but you don't want to be the guy who smiles to compensate for something, or to smile in an attempt to diffuse awkwardness". So many woman smile more than is needed. A lot of receptionists probably even have a resting smile.

For a man though, someone like Vladmir Putin might take the not smiling thing a tiny bit too far. And perhaps someone like James Bond gets it about right. I guess what's important to realise is that there's quite a big difference between looking sad and looking grumpy. And the guy who looks sad isn't gonna get any girls, but the guy who looks grumpy might. So I suppose a guy shouldn't need to go around constantly smiling, and that he should only need to smile when he's actually interacted with a girl. But it has happened to me a few times in night clubs when I get told to smile.

There's something patronising about being told to smile. Sometimes I have a serious face as I'm on the prowl for women. And then if some girl comes
up to me and tells me to smile, it's a reminder that you're not doing a good job. If a girl needs to tell you to smile in a club, you're most certainly not in with a shot with her. But you can only make your chances with her worse by smiling at her command. Has this happened to anyone?

I remember once during an interview coaching session, the coach mentioned how I need to smile in an interview (which obviously I know) and that I didn't smile since I came in the door. But what I want to get at is the fact that he then tried to make me smile. He said "smile"! If I didn't it would make things really awkward and I might seem defensive, but on the other hand by smiling at his command it would make me feel like such a little bitch. Know what I mean? I didn't know how to diffuse things so I gave a little smirk and he said "there we go". Horrible memory! He'd never have considered that I hadn't smiled since I net him because he didn't make me feel at ease.

Anyway, share your thoughts

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
For me, I can be a little imposing. Seriously I've run off solicitors with a look...

So when the clouds part and I lay a smile on a woman it is like the clouds parting and a sunbeam breaking through.

My smile doesn't say I submit to you it is "Here. Come be in my light"

>