Escalation Windows and "Normal Guys"

metalbird

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
This is one thing that's always perplexed me about escalation windows.

We on this site talk about the importance of hitting these brief windows for escalating towards "whatever" the goal is with a girl. I've seen this to be very true in my own personal experiences, and as well that these windows are often very short, indeed.

So, if that's true, how does any "normal guy" ever get anywhere with a girl?

I can't believe that most guys are out there pushing these highly aggressive escalation windows with girls, and yet most of them seem to wind up with a decent girlfriend over time.

Now, I'm not saying the goal is to be like a normal guy, to just take whatever comes, and eventually wind up with something decent. Of course not! I'm just trying to understand, because from my experience, if I don't hit these windows, the girl is gone forever, to the friend zone or lost or what have you. It must work differently for average Joe's, but how?

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Problem with average guys is that they second guess everything and wonder if the girl is "interested". I think most of these guys find girlfriends through social circle or pure luck. 9 out of 10 times it seems to be social circle and also because these guys tend to not notice signs of interest they tend to underestimate themselves leading to weak game and "settling".

>