Missing out on the social experience of college still haunts me, here's why.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
I've been thinking in the past few years and even months why missing out on the social experience of college haunts me. It really gets me that my coworkers right now talk about how awesome their college days were too while mines sucked. Even when some of my dates talk about it, it sucks.

I went the community college and transfer type of route for university meaning I missed out on dorm life and all of that. Now I am heading into my late 20s as a worker and I still haunted by what I missed out on. I took some time aside a few days ago to write it all out and here is what I came up with.

That college was as good as it got for social experiences and social life.

You are surrounded by thousands of people around your own age with almost little responsibility. Everyone is packed into that environment to socialize and "explore". Somehow, I missed out on all of that. I found that despite my best efforts, I could not get a decent social life going for college and was always on the outside looking in.

College was the time to find your crew, friends, and group to have fun and memorable social experiences with. I never got that and now I feel like it is too late.

That people in general after a certain age just kind of suck socially, like after 22 or so.

I feel like people at the 18-22 age range in college, really 18 and 19 if anything, were at that phase of exploring socially and making new friends. After that age, everyone has already had their experiences and goes into settle down mode. I am in my late 20s with the mindset socially of someone who is 18-21, wanting to expand as much as possible, but most people around my age are all about family and kids or at least slowing down.

It's like even if I make it, I wish everyone around my age was in a similar situation and mindset. Sure they are set financially but they are free of other responsibilities and want to party around, socializing, expand their social network, and have fun.

The gut feeling I will never find my tribe.

The feeling that I will never find my community of girls and guys to mix with and have fun social experiences with. It really stabs at me almost every week seeing how others already have their social circles set and ready to go.

The feeling that I would have to overcompensate in a big way now.

Like the kids who had their social experiences and peaked in college can settle into a 9 to 5 at a nice company and live their lives.

The social life and dating worries are behind them, they can settle into a stable relationship, 9 to 5, and a happy situation. Yet I feel like guys who missed out on college have to overcompensate in a big way that means compromising their career and such.

While the frat boy natural can climb the corporate ladder and get a prestigious job, the late bloomer is not mentally ready for that and cannot commit to that full-term. He has to find a way to take some time off to rehash that or fix that.

Any thoughts though?

Like where do I even begin?

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I think you're making this way too important man. Most of the people I know didn't even go to college and the ones that did are not even talking about it like that. Like less than a handful do. And they all took out a lot of loans to live that college experience. I get what you're saying, but a lot of people really didn't care much about college like that, they went and that's it.

That said.

What do you plan to do about your situation that would make you happy right now?

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
My thoughts? You are making up a LOT of bullshit in your head. Lots of absurd premises and lots of absurd conclusions you're jumping to. Let me point all of them out:

Toby said:
It really gets me that my coworkers right now talk about how awesome their college days were too while mines sucked. Even when some of my dates talk about it, it sucks.

You know why they talk about their awesome college days? Because their present days suck. Think about it. They're talking about their past. Like that's the high point in their life. They wish they could go back to that. You're different. You're one of the rare individuals working to improve your present and future. Your life is only getting better, no matter where you're starting from. Your life hasn't peaked yet. Theirs possibly have.

I missed out on dorm life and all of that

You realize a ton of people go to college and live in dorms and don't get laid, right? Or even if they do, it's with 1 or 2 people, right? Very few people live in dorms and are automatic players. Most people that live in dorms are - get this - average normal people.

You are surrounded by thousands of people around your own age with almost little responsibility.

And the are millions more of them off campus. Most of those same thousands are AROUND campus. Go to businesses around and you'll see them. Go to the bars/clubs on the weekends and you'll see them.

Everyone is packed into that environment to socialize and "explore". Somehow, I missed out on all of that.

People still want to fuck after college. And for as much "exploring" as they seem to like to do, the majority of people are probably more interested in finding an amazing wife/husband to live the rest of their lives with.

I found that despite my best efforts, I could not get a decent social life going for college and was always on the outside looking in.

So you were a kid that didn't know how to do something? Whoa no way. Again, the vast majority of college kids don't know how to do this either. Not every college kid has hundreds of friends with parties every weekend.

College was the time to find your crew, friends, and group to have fun and memorable social experiences with. I never got that and now I feel like it is too late.

Huh? You know what happens to that group of friends once you all graduate from college? Same shit that happened with your high school friends after graduating. You go your separate ways, the friendships lose strength over time, and soon you have to make new friends. Whether you've lived in a basement all your life or whether you were the big man on campus, if you want a social circle right NOW and want fun and memorable experiences NOW, then you have to build it.

I feel like people at the 18-22 age range in college, really 18 and 19 if anything, were at that phase of exploring socially and making new friends. After that age, everyone has already had their experiences and goes into settle down mode. I am in my late 20s with the mindset socially of someone who is 18-21, wanting to expand as much as possible, but most people around my age are all about family and kids or at least slowing down.

Did you seriously imply that people aren't interested in making friends after 22? Come on man. You know that's crazy talk.

And so what if SOME people at 22 want to start settling? Find the ones that aren't. I'm very confident that most people in their early twenties are NOT thinking about settling. Dude, that age group can't even find good jobs at that age. They can't AFFORD to settle!

The gut feeling I will never find my tribe.

The feeling that I will never find my community of girls and guys to mix with and have fun social experiences with. It really stabs at me almost every week seeing how others already have their social circles set and ready to go.

*wipes away tears* I don't know what you mean by "find my tribe or community." Pretty sure that's not a thing. Whatever you think it is, you absolutely WONT find it by crying about it online. So you feel bad seeing people out and about with their social circles? Ever notice they're out and about and NOT at home (at that moment!) posting on the internet? That's all you got to do my friend. Go out. Do activities you like. Try new ones just because. When you meet people you like, don't be a bitch waiting for them to invite you to things. YOU do the inviting and set up your own social circle night out. That's all you got to do to get it rolling. Don't overthink it!

The feeling that I would have to overcompensate in a big way now.

Nope. Don't need to overcompensate even a little. Just live in the PRESENT, not the past, and go do things and meet people that are fun. That's all you have to do.

Like the kids who had their social experiences and peaked in college can settle into a 9 to 5 at a nice company and live their lives.

The social life and dating worries are behind them, they can settle into a stable relationship, 9 to 5, and a happy situation. Yet I feel like guys who missed out on college have to overcompensate in a big way that means compromising their career and such.

While the frat boy natural can climb the corporate ladder and get a prestigious job, the late bloomer is not mentally ready for that and cannot commit to that full-term. He has to find a way to take some time off to rehash that or fix that.

LOL what's hilarious here is that you're sort of contradicting yourself and don't realize it. If a college graduate "settles" into a 9 to 5, 40 hour work week.. then they have plenty of time to keep socializing! But again, quality jobs out of college are pretty rare these days. A lot of people work 2 or 3 jobs to pay the bills. They don't have TIME to socialize. That's not a good place to be, my friend! If YOU have the ability to socialize TODAY, in the PRESENT, then you are at an advantage. Your life can keep getting better and move in an upward trajectory. Other people aren't so fortunate.

So to summarize, the absolute best piece of advice you'll ever get on the subject is to focus on living in the PRESENT. The exact present. Keep your mind out of the past. Keep your mind out of the future. You'll never be able to do it 100%, but you must consciously keep working to focus on the present. Examples? If you feel like seeing a movie you've been putting off, go fucking see that movie! If you realize you haven't had a great burger in a while, go eat a fucking burger! If you want some QUALITY friends in your life, then strike up a conversation with the person you're sitting next to at the movie theater or the restaurant getting your burger. Don't try to fuck them. Don't worry about gaming them. Strike up a conversation. If you think they're cool, ask for their contact info, then in a week or so, invite them out again. Do this a few times and BAM you'll have a social circle of friends.

mindful

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yes ban. These posts are beyond annoying at this point. You live in the present not the past.

Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Toby,

Everyone is packed into that environment to socialize and "explore"
Now you're an adult in an even larger environment to socialize and explore.
And now you have the money that college kids don't have, to do that with. Less time sure, but WAY more resources to train yourself on how to grow your social experience and access social experiences.

They don't have TIME to socialize. That's not a good place to be, my friend! If YOU have the ability to socialize TODAY, in the PRESENT, then you are at an advantage. Your life can keep getting better and move in an upward trajectory. Other people aren't so fortunate.
+100

You've made plenty of progress man. I haven't seen you post enough about the ACTION you took to simply test some hypotheses.

Hypothesis: If I take action I will find my tribe.
Null Hypothesis: If I take action I will not find my tribe.

Get experimenting dude.

"Where do I even begin?"

You start fucking experimenting.

I would hate to see you get banned since it's clear that you want to find yourself and eventually reach a point you're surrounded by people who want the best for you.

But if you keep making posts like this, after they've been answered 1000 times, later man.

mindful

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I didn’t have any sex in college. I finger banged 2 girls and got a few blowjobs but that’s it. I went out and partied like a normal college kid but was too shy to make a move with most girls I interacted with. And guess what, most of my friend group in college barely got action as well. And we were all normal college dudes.

Now I am 30 years old, live in a vibrant city, and barely have dry spells. I like to do more of my own thing these days so I don’t hang out with too many people but between women, work, working out, and a few hobbies I am loving life. Do I wish I wasn’t such a pussy in college? Hell yeah man. I could have gotten with a few different girls if I wasn’t. But it is what it is. I can’t wait to tackle my 30s and see how many more college girls I can lay :) and maybe find a girlfriend in the process who knows.

Edit: sorry this was more sex related but even if you did have a great social life in college, which I did, just didn’t get laid, it always ends. People move to different cities for jobs, get married, etc. college is 4 years of your life... that’s such a short period dude. I barely talk to anyone from college, it’s all new friends for the most part

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Even if I get banned, I hope this sort of stuff gets addressed for people like me. I mean not even the girls and dating part of it but the social life aspect of it. It seems like the naturals out there in nightlife all go out with their bros they made in college through frats and such. All these nights I have gone out alone, seen people out with their crews, and had to swallow the bitter pill that I have never had that in my life.

Looking back to my college days and finding that I never had anything similar to that despite my best efforts. You know what's really causing it? Having society say over, over, over, over, and over again every single fucking day that those are the "best four years" of your life. You'll never be so young, able to explore, meet so many new people, have "no responsibilities", and enjoy all of the "craziness and freedom". It is like I cannot escape it, everyone keeps hyping them up so fucking much, it is inescapable from society.

Looking back to how much of a misfit I was, never having a social circle or a friend group to fit into.

Then now, feeling I am too far behind to catch up with social life. Feeling like everyone already has their crew, the best social circles have already been formed, and the cool friends to be made are already closed off.

I want to go out, to drink, to get wasted a couple nights with some buddies who want to do the same, and it seems like a college kid thing. Yet at the same time, I never had that experience in college because of how snotty and shitty the people at my university were, so its like everyone had their fun and I have yet to have mines with drinking, hedonism, and the wild shit. It's not about the alcohol or intoxicating the fuck out of your body, it is about having people in your life who want to do the same and having some crazy stories to share with them.

I have to come to terms that the window for fun there, making those friends, and doing all that has changed. That unless I make friends with college kids, I won't be able to have a social circle to enjoy those nights out with, to test my liver with, and to have some funny as fuck stories to look back with a smile with.

Even outside the intoxicating madness, feeling as if I am a part of a community bigger than myself. Feeling like I have a social circle of friends and that community to share my life experiences with and not have to deal with the boring adult types that everyone seems to turn into after college. The feeling of belonging for the very first time in my life, knowing that I am going through all of what I am going through and enjoying what I am with other people who are in a similar situation as me.

Maybe I am dreaming by thinking of this.

You get older and after your early 20s everyone or damn near everyone wants to get married with kids, turn on their Mormon act, and become socially closed off. Life just happens and people like me, who missed out on all the fun in college but want to take life now to have that fun and find people to have it with are left alone in the dust.

I mean I can't be alone here in my thoughts, surely and I mean surely, there has to be many others out there who were not the cool kids in college, left college unfulfilled, are doing well in life now, and want to make the most of it all.

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You're not making sense here; you said everyone settles down after college, but you said you don't want to settle down, so the friends you would have made in college would still settle down and what would you wanna do then? Settle down with them?

You're making this way more than it is and why didn't you just join a frat at your old school while you were still there and devote all of your time to that?

Listen I have moments like you too when I keep asking the same stuff and I see that it does bother people, even though you want to vent.

This is my advice, I don't care if it's right or wrong to anyone else.

Quit your job and use all of your money you saved and go back to school and get another degree and join a frat.

You will have no problems with your age because you have a degree already and just tell them that you wanted to major in something you enjoy.

You don't even have to stay for the whole 4 years. Even one might do you good.

But you need to go back to school full-time, live in a student apartment area and join the frat there.

I told you to do this before. You might say, "what about my job and debt?" Well you really don't have a choice to get the type of experience you're looking for.

And the debt won't matter because you already have a career anyway.

It's either that or just learn how to make your own fun without college.

Toby said:
Even if I get banned, I hope this sort of stuff gets addressed for people like me. I mean not even the girls and dating part of it but the social life aspect of it. It seems like the naturals out there in nightlife all go out with their bros they made in college through frats and such. All these nights I have gone out alone, seen people out with their crews, and had to swallow the bitter pill that I have never had that in my life.

Looking back to my college days and finding that I never had anything similar to that despite my best efforts. You know what's really causing it? Having society say over, over, over, over, and over again every single fucking day that those are the "best four years" of your life. You'll never be so young, able to explore, meet so many new people, have "no responsibilities", and enjoy all of the "craziness and freedom". It is like I cannot escape it, everyone keeps hyping them up so fucking much, it is inescapable from society.

Looking back to how much of a misfit I was, never having a social circle or a friend group to fit into.

Then now, feeling I am too far behind to catch up with social life. Feeling like everyone already has their crew, the best social circles have already been formed, and the cool friends to be made are already closed off.

I want to go out, to drink, to get wasted a couple nights with some buddies who want to do the same, and it seems like a college kid thing. Yet at the same time, I never had that experience in college because of how snotty and shitty the people at my university were, so its like everyone had their fun and I have yet to have mines with drinking, hedonism, and the wild shit. It's not about the alcohol or intoxicating the fuck out of your body, it is about having people in your life who want to do the same and having some crazy stories to share with them.

I have to come to terms that the window for fun there, making those friends, and doing all that has changed. That unless I make friends with college kids, I won't be able to have a social circle to enjoy those nights out with, to test my liver with, and to have some funny as fuck stories to look back with a smile with.

Even outside the intoxicating madness, feeling as if I am a part of a community bigger than myself. Feeling like I have a social circle of friends and that community to share my life experiences with and not have to deal with the boring adult types that everyone seems to turn into after college. The feeling of belonging for the very first time in my life, knowing that I am going through all of what I am going through and enjoying what I am with other people who are in a similar situation as me.

Maybe I am dreaming by thinking of this.

You get older and after your early 20s everyone or damn near everyone wants to get married with kids, turn on their Mormon act, and become socially closed off. Life just happens and people like me, who missed out on all the fun in college but want to take life now to have that fun and find people to have it with are left alone in the dust.

I mean I can't be alone here in my thoughts, surely and I mean surely, there has to be many others out there who were not the cool kids in college, left college unfulfilled, are doing well in life now, and want to make the most of it all.

Beam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
In addition to what has already been said, I think travelling for a few months might be a good idea if you can, or even a few weeks. Go to Europe (if you don't live there) or Thailand. Go on a Contiki if that is your thing. Stay at hostels and talk to people. You will have no major responsibilities besides keeping your passport and wallet, you'll make friends, meet girls, and you'll probably get the memorable social experiences and stories you're looking for if you work at it. And you'll realize that there are lot of people out there in a similar situation to you.

The only thing that will suck is coming back and possibly losing contact with whoever you meet, but hey, I've lost contact with a lot of my college friends anyway. So you might not find your "tribe", but you might be able to use the experience to help you find it back home.

Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Toby,

The sum total of your post is regret, self-defeating beliefs, and living in the past.

People say it was "the best four years of their life". Cool. If that's what they think, or if that's what they're comfortable with having had as the BEST four years they've lived and breathed on this earth - that's on them dude.

You clearly DON'T want to have that defined as your best four years. Those were not your best four years. If you want to improve your life you have to take action and do it. Enough is enough with the self-pity bullshit.

Here's a question. How is this method of dealing with your feelings (self-pity bullshit) going?

Not so great?

Try a different method dude. This is ridiculous. It's like smashing your head into a concrete wall expecting it will give you the ability to fly or some shit.

Go to Europe (if you don't live there) or Thailand. Go on a Contiki if that is your thing. Stay at hostels and talk to people. You will have no major responsibilities besides keeping your passport and wallet, you'll make friends, meet girls, and you'll probably get the memorable social experiences and stories you're looking for if you work at it. And you'll realize that there are lot of people out there in a similar situation to you.
I completely support this.

I know many people in their 20's-30's that did exactly this, and said it's one of the best things they've ever done for themselves. Thailand is a WILD time and the party is literally going 24/7 there. Every person I know that went was completely by themselves and just met people in the hostel they were staying or at a bar near them. You also have money (and the american dollar is worth a lot more than their currency) so you would live like a complete king for a few months.

Seriously, go ball out. This might be the rapid effect solution you're looking for.

radeng

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
+1 on the ban - this has literally been going on for years from this guy and every time he posts he sucks everyone in and gets a ton of attention and takes 0 of the advice given. Very frustrating.

Best of luck Toby,

Radeng

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
It reminds me something I wrote on his thread about 6 months ago:

Seppuku said:
Yeah it's sounds like deja vu, all over again. Once in a while we have a profile similar to yours, where the guy goes complaining endlessly about the little woes in his life. It's always more or less the same. He couldn't do [xxx] while in his college years and now at 23 his whole life is fucked because of this. He would like to get girls like this or like that [usually hot blondes], but they wouldn't even look at him. He usually address a lot of his posts at Chase or Franco - in the hope for their attention. He gets a lot of answers (including, occasionally, by Chase and Franco), but he doesn't act on any of the advice generated.

I stopped long ago responding to these sort of posts, because I realized the guy is not interested at actually changing things. He is here because he wants the attention. The more noise he makes, the better. I am not sure if he even read all the advice he gets in response. It's a huge waste of time.
And I wished he had proved me wrong. But instead, he went on doing exactly as predicted:

• Make as noise as possible
  • Not even reading any of the tons of answers he got, let alone act on them
  • Not even trying to do anything to resolve his myriads of little problems
  • Running onto circles and posting the same old again
  • Wasting everybody's goodwill and time.
He doesn't have any consideration in the least for all the people who collectively spent dozen of hours trying to help him. He is just here to suck all the attention he could. He is here to hear people commiserate on his woes and validate him in his self pity. Pure waste of time for everybody.

Sorry, but this is not what this forum is about.

Seppuku

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I told dude to quit his job and go back to school and join a frat. Then he'll get what he wants. I don't see any other way for him to do this college thing to make him happy.

I remember he said he wanted to bartend as well and he should still try that.

Seppuku said:
It reminds me something I wrote on his thread about 6 months ago:

Seppuku said:
Yeah it's sounds like deja vu, all over again. Once in a while we have a profile similar to yours, where the guy goes complaining endlessly about the little woes in his life. It's always more or less the same. He couldn't do [xxx] while in his college years and now at 23 his whole life is fucked because of this. He would like to get girls like this or like that [usually hot blondes], but they wouldn't even look at him. He usually address a lot of his posts at Chase or Franco - in the hope for their attention. He gets a lot of answers (including, occasionally, by Chase and Franco), but he doesn't act on any of the advice generated.

I stopped long ago responding to these sort of posts, because I realized the guy is not interested at actually changing things. He is here because he wants the attention. The more noise he makes, the better. I am not sure if he even read all the advice he gets in response. It's a huge waste of time.
And I wished he had proved me wrong. But instead, he went on doing exactly as predicted:

• Make as noise as possible
  • Not even reading any of the tons of answers he got, let alone act on them
  • Not even trying to do anything to resolve his myriads of little problems
  • Running onto circles and posting the same old again
  • Wasting everybody's goodwill and time.
He doesn't have any consideration in the least for all the people who collectively spent dozen of hours trying to help him. He is just here to suck all the attention he could. He is here to hear people commiserate on his woes and validate him in his self pity. Pure waste of time for everybody.

Sorry, but this is not what this forum is about.

Seppuku

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Someone in their mid or late 20s going back to college to interact with people under 20 and in their early 20s is just cringeworthy, almost absurd in some ways. Even then, there is that gap in age and life experiences. A lot of these kids are fresh out of high school and own their own for the very first time of their lives, I have spent years making my own money and being independent. At this point, what can you really do is the question I had to ask myself, over and over and over and over again. It's like a rock and a hard place.

If you go back to college in your mid 20s, it is not going to be the same as being an 18 year old freshman at Arizona St. You are in a different phase of life as everyone else and they will find it weird and odd that some 25 or 26 year old wants to live with them. Deep down inside, it will feel empty and strange, odd as fuck to be in that scenario. Even most college kids will think it is weird, fraternities that are good especially, that someone over 25 wants to party with them so much. There will always be that disconnect, you are someone in your mid 20s and they are adolescents and people in their early 20s, it is not going to be the same.

Then you have the real world right, your fellow 20-somethings to deal with. The snotty, strict, cliquish, and closed off people who don't want to make new friends after college or expand. The ones who feel like life has ended for them now, that college was the peak and now it is all about sticking with their old college friends and not branching out. The ones who think they are better than everyone else because they decide to marry and have kids, close themselves off to friendships, and "settle down" into adulthood. I fucking hate the fact that this is how life works and I hate how most people around my age group are, their cliquishness and closed off mentality. It only goes down from here.

And you want me to throw away my only source of money? Really?

While some faggot born with a golden spoon in his mouth who got to be in a frat can now enjoy corporate life because he had his fun, I have to throw away a nice paying job so I can chase a maybe? Leave a country like the US to go abroad for this?

I mean life is fucked man, no wonder some people become so hopeless towards it with age.

It's like you're in your 20s, you have money, and you are out in the world without having to do homework for fucking college, your time after work is yours.

And what the fuck do you do?

Get married, pollute the world with kids, and "settle down". No fucking wonder the brightest minds lost their faith in humanity, who can fucking blame them.

The ages of high school and college where you should have been learning about life and adulthood were used to get fucked up and have "friends", to grow your social circle. Now adulthood, when you have freedom, you throw that away for family, kids, and all the other bullshit responsibility. Fuck humanity, at least my experience with it in America. I cannot help but smile when the average guy loses half of his shit in a divorce, has kids that fucking hate him, and is a miserable wreck, fuck him.

I know I am venting but I hate it.

I am here single, finally with time after a tough major in college, improving, and what greets me? I cannot make friends around my age because people around my age and humanity in general around my age tends to suck. I am done having empathy for people who go through shit now because they wanted to rush into adulthood, may life give them the most miserable of experiences, fuck them.

I wish I lived in a universe where there were tons of people in their 20s with jobs but also the urge to make new friends and expand their social circle, but maybe that is a parallel universe on its own. Fuck these people, they deserve their divorce, heartbreaks, misery, and all of that shit for thinking they're too good for everyone just because they have a college degree and wanted to avoid having fun, making new friends and staying single afterwards.

Fuck them.

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Dude there's people I have met that were way older than mid 20s joining frats n shit. You think everyone in the world goes to school 18-22?

I personally know a dude who was mid 20s that joined a frat with no problems.

Dude who gives a fuck your mid late 20s, who gives a fuck. Own that shit. You're the one that wants the lifestyle make them understand it.

I'm trying give you a solution, if you don't want to do it fine, but you can't be mad at the world because you didn't have a tribe while in college.

You can't be mad at the world for what you didn't do and for what they want to do after college.

It makes no sense.

Even if you did have a "tribe" in college those same guys would have probably have gotten married by now anyway and you'd be in the same position wishing you could go back to college.

Why didn't you join a frat while you were in college ? If the school sucked then why didn't you go to one that didn't ?

If you felt so strong about it why not do it then?

You also said you wanted to do bartending, what happened to that ?

Just work your job and try to find friends somehow I guess. Maybe join a forum for something you have a hobby in and try to have a meet up.

Because if you're not going back to school then there is no point in talking about this anymore or thinking about it.

You can't do anything about it and you don't want to go back to school so just stop thinking about it. You had 4 years to do this, now you have to work on making your own tribe.

And you're in NYC!! Everyone has said that's one of the best, if not the best cities for single older people.

Dude there's no way you can't meet people and make a tribe there.

Lover

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Are you always going to be a slave to the norms of American culture?

Honestly, all I see in your posts is that you wish you had the average life of an American college student. But if you ain't going back to college, your time is up. You had your chance and missed it. You won't be average. Game over.

You say it's cringeworthy to go back to college now? Then you don't want the experience bad enough. You're still letting the norms of American/Western culture guide you. "It's cringeworthy..." look at your own posts, all the same over and over. No new angle. Take a hard look at yourself and ask if you could really be the cringeworthy one here.

If you can't accept your past and your present, this will haunt you forever. This may sound harsh, but that sounds like a sad deathbed to lay on. Is THAT what you want? Turn 80 and think "still wish I had the college experience"?

Or will you start taking responsibility for your future life despite it being harder, and stop putting the college experience and frat gurus on a pedestal?

This post probably won't reach you because you're too stubborn and will find ways to make excuses. I support a ban too at this point.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Fuck, had a date tonight that went downhill, she said no chemistry.

It's fucked, its like I want fun social success more than I want success with women, because I have never had social success in the past. I went to the bar and it's like I saw these groups and wish I had my group. It's a tough situation to be in, because it is almost like you are not supposed to meet new people, new friends, fun cliques, and be a part of fun crowds after your college days. That matters more to me than dating the more I think about it, because I never really had it, maybe my problem is unique. I go out to bars and see these people with their cliques, it makes me wish that I had mines. I mean that, matters to me more than pussy does. Having cool guy friends, hot girls in my group, and that shit than just the pussy itself.

The feeling of knowing that I have that cool crowd, community, and group of people I can relate to (regardless of gender) around me....

Once again, maybe I dream. Maybe humanity is fucked. Maybe it is my last post on GC.

Whatever, I post it drunk...

If only someone did a PUA or dating apps for social life....like making better and higher quality friends....

>