Why Atlanta sucks so bad and why all guys should avoid the city.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Been seeing a few conversations on this board about guys struggling to get much of anything going in Atlanta and even Chase has stated that he is not the biggest fan of the city. Well, as a Georgia native who is glad he got out, let me tell you why you should avoid the city and all hype surrounding it. I know Toronto and DC have traditionally been considered as bad places for game but I think Atlanta belongs in that conversation and could potentially rival them in terms of how bad it sucks. As someone who has lived and partied throughout the south, I felt that I had to share this with my brothers on this board even though I don't normally post much. I went to high school in Atlanta, college in the south and then moved back to the city before moving out a while ago and realizing just how bad it sucks.

Am I telling you that you cannot succeed in Atlanta? That there is no way?

You can succeed in the god awful city, but usually it is through these methods:

1. You grew up there and were in the high status social circles growing up, but if that was the case you would not be reading this.

2. You work a job like bartender or strip club bouncer that makes it easier for you to get laid, if that was the case, you get the point.....

3. You are a handsome guy who takes good pics and can slay on online dating sites, once again, you would not be reading this....

4. You are willing to fake being a Christian and go to church every Sunday, then proceed to smash the women you meet through social circles but if you smash the wrong one, you get ousted and even get into much more trouble for being a hedonist.

The point? Well a couple points.

1. For the first 3, you would be having way more of an ROI in other major cities, I mean way more.

2. For the last one, you would have to fake and lie your ass off, put on a mask, live a lie and then deal with the possible consequences (like a false rape accusation) if you lacked the moral conscience to do that.

3. The quality you get will still be lower than what you can get elsewhere.

A little backstory about Atlanta and its population.

Atlanta is mostly "Yankees' but it is a particular kind of Yankee that moved to Atlanta. Decades ago when factories shut down in places like Pennsylvania and New Jersey, a lot of the population moved to Atlanta where the business was. Unlike Charleston where northerners moved to get a taste of southern culture, Atlanta is a city where northerners came and brought their culture with them. Not only does this mean the rat-race mentality of the north but also an added inferiority complex that comes with the fact that they had to move down to the very south they look down on. You'll start to notice this once you interact with enough people who grew up in Atlanta, it is like you get the worst of both worlds. On one hand you get the southern backwardness full of overly religious zealots but also the northern arrogance and snobbery to create a unique kind of culture that made a rapper make a song literally called "Bad and Bougee". Yeah, the word "Bougee" was popularized in Atlanta, think about that for a minute!

If you interact with enough southerners from other southern cities and compare them to Atlanta, you'll see a remarkable difference. Always look out for that desperation to climb the social ladder, it is always an Atlanta area thing.

But here is why the city actually sucks so bad.

1. In case I didn't cover it already, the culture itself is very stuck-up and snobby but in a different way than Los Angeles or an NYC. There is an added inferiority complex and bitterness to it, its like a giant country club.

In Los Angeles, you get rejected for not being hot enough a lot of times, it is snobby but more objective. Atlanta culture is snobby but in more of a "did you know ____ growing up" way. People in the city literally do not grow out of high school, I mean literally. The guy who was the "man" in high school is still the "man" in his 20s because it is so close knit like a small town despite being a small city, it is so weird but that's actually the case. I did not know how bad it was until I moved out and then I moved out and realized that normal people who are in their 20s do not give a fuck about what you did in high school or what frat you were in, they care about other shit.

If you want to see the hottest girls in Atlanta, they will typically gather at certain bars in Buckhead. The problem with Buckhead is that it is mostly college kids in the strip of bars you would head out to, that means mostly Greek Life since it is the south and a lot of them are sticking tight to their crew because it feels like a college town at that point. At bars that lean a bit older, it is the same cliquishness. Some of the bars will literally not hire a bartender that isn't "southern" because they do not want to lose out on money from clients that usually went to high school in the city, college somewhere in the south (usually GA, Auburn, Bama and to a lesser extent other school) and then came back to Atlanta to reunite with their high school and college friends.

2. Everything is so spread out.

Usually all the action is in Buckhead, Virginia Highlands and to a degree Midtown (mostly gay), the rest of the places are very niche. You might get an immigrant community here and there but that is it, it is all spread out throughout the city. You would have to Uber for almost half an hour to get from one place to another, sometimes even an hour. Even at nights, Atlanta traffic is no joke and people in the fucking city cannot drive, they cannot maintain their lanes to save their fucking lives! So you are left with a situation where you either try your luck at the cliquey Buckhead bars where people are in their tight-knit groups or you venture out to the suburbs that might have a couple bars here and there or a nightclub nearby, don't go to Edgewood which is so fucking ratchet like majority of the city. Speaking of...

3. Culturally, the city is ghetto af or in some rare cases trashy redneck culture, if you are lucky.

Go to the finest bars to see the same old ratchet rap songs being played, the city is the birthplace of ratchet rap music that only someone with a double digit IQ who is high and drunk could enjoy. Even if you go to the "white" bars in the city, it is the same fucking rap songs on repeat, it is not even the catchy pop songs as much, it is the same fucking trashy rap music. Watch and see trashy white girls trying to dance to it, don't approach them either, their bitch shields are up 1000% moreso than any other city you will encounter. I mean these hoes literally live to be bitches and shoot guys down, they take enjoyment from it. Had a Bumble date at a bar who saw her friends and they were literally drawing guys in only to shoot them down, like what in the actual fuck. You would even be lucky to find a redneck chick worth smashing in the city, its that bad.

It is trashiness whether from the suburban kids in places like Marietta, Decatur, Alpharetta and Johns Creek or from someone actually from the hood, which speaking of that....

4. Any study on gender ratios is very misleading, very misleading indeed.

Unless you are into black women (which as statistics will cite, most guys just aren't), the city is a fucking sausagefest. The gender ratios skew female because there are a lot of single black women here, for all other races it is not the case.

Want white girls? Yeah have fun trying to deal with frat bros and bubbas throughout the city cockblocking any "yankee" hard. If not them then try dealing with some douchey wannabe yuppie who desperately tries to imitate the swagger of the east coast boys who would laugh at him but only gets the girl through social circles he had growing up. Trash through and through, you have to play the numbers game hard if you want hot white girls and I mean hard as fuck.

Want hot ethnic girls? Yeah well same shit as white women, except the ones in Atlanta have more pressure to conform and fit in so their bitch shields are higher. Compare gaming Indian, Middle Eastern and Latina girls in Atlanta to gaming them in any other city, its day and night. I usually do well with brown girls, different story in Atlanta, they are way more tribal and stuck up.

5. Staying on the topic of culture, imagine if the prudishness of the religious right met the sexual shaming of the radical feminist left, well it does in Atlanta!

Feminists galore all over the city who will preach to you about how bad the right wing and masculinity is opposing the religious right, who will preach to you about Jesus and manhood but then try to ruin you for having sex before marriage. It is a unique prudish blend only found in Atlanta.

Want to know what's special to Atlanta? Try meeting a sorority girl that loves Jesus and being "southern" but at the same time votes for Democrats, loves Hillary and dick-rides trashy ghetto culture to be cool. It is like a ratchet version of the Scarlett Letter, I kidd you not. You have to observe this phenomenon happening in order to see me and not consider me making any of this up. Have at it, get a Hillary loving southern belle preach to you about feminism and Jesus, it is only exclusive to Atlanta. It is like someone did an experiment when making this city and they decided to take the worst from all the coasts and blend them into one: the religiousness of the south, the snobbery of the northeast and the radical leftism of the Pacific Northwest; all the while leaving out good parts of all of the areas.

6. Women are pretty fucking ugly in the city.....

Compare white girls in Atlanta to Nashville or most other cities, it is not even close. For those that are above a 7, the competition is insane and usually based off of tight knit social circle groups. Yeah you got it right, fundamentals do not mean shit in the city, they really don't. You see some chubby bubba with a hot girl only to find that he is either dealing drugs or doing some sketchy to get these girls, either that or he grew up alongside them. Speaking of fundamentals...

7. The city is almost bizarro world for game.

Go find a chubby bubba getting hot girls while a handsome guy gets scraps, only an Atlanta thing. Then you realize as soon as Bubba moves out of the A Town he cannot get shit in NYC or Chicago, struggling like a motherfucker and wondering what happened. I cannot describe this shit enough in words, it is its own hell. It is no wonder despite the city's push to be popular and hip, hardly any good PUAs and players come out of it unlike cities like Toronto which gave us the RSD guys or cities like DC which gave us plenty of game gurus. A game expert could not make sense of the fucking city and the way it works, it is like trying to describe the word fucked up in words!

8. Almost everyone is pretty fucking miserable in the city, so even general niceties are rare.

The sports teams suck and no, Atlanta United is not a real soccer team, MLS is bullshit soccer, real soccer is the premier league and La Liga. Even throughout the city they are shutting down the strip clubs because the Bible Thumpers have an issue with it, one of the popular strip clubs that Stormy Daniels was supposed to visit is being shut down and that makes the transplants miserable because after Vegas, this city is supposed to be known for its strip clubs. Actually about that, strip clubs in Atlanta are different..... Vegas is more real strippers that are hot, Atlanta is ghetto ratchet strippers almost everywhere. At the end of 2019, Cheetah might end up being the only decent strip club still left open in the city, the rest are ghetto ratchet strip clubs.

Do not try to deal with the cranky retail employees there, urgh!

NiceGuy110

Space Monkey
space monkey
Gee, that's a long post. If I could pause time I'd probably read it. Might come back to it if I ever see myself going to Atlanta!

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
I went out this weekend to game with an old acquaintance who was visiting from out of town at the Buckhead bars, it was a fucking mess. For one I cannot believe how dirty the area still is, I am talking puddles and large potholes as you walk from one bar to the next. Then they shut down the sidewalk for some construction so you have to walk on the edge of the road to get to the bars you need to get to.

We go to the first bar which is the biggest one, immediately a fucking sausagefest. The other thing I still noticed about all the bars not having been out in forever is how dirty they were, flies in the fucking bathroom and cracked toilets, like what in the actual fuck.

Then approaching the few women I was immediately shut down and finding that they were all coming in large groups with guys in it, total waste of time. Throughout the night I saw maybe 3 to 4 fair opportunities to approach some decent looking girls, the rest were unapproachable situations. So glad to be getting out of this city soon, hope all other guys with a choice to make avoid this place like the fucking plague, despite the hype surrounding it.

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Toby said:
I went out this weekend to game with an old acquaintance who was visiting from out of town at the Buckhead bars, it was a fucking mess. For one I cannot believe how dirty the area still is, I am talking puddles and large potholes as you walk from one bar to the next. Then they shut down the sidewalk for some construction so you have to walk on the edge of the road to get to the bars you need to get to.
Toby said:
The other thing I still noticed about all the bars not having been out in forever is how dirty they were, flies in the fucking bathroom and cracked toilets, like what in the actual fuck.

If this sort of stuff bothers you, I can't imagine how you'll feel in NYC, lol....

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Grand Pooba said:
Toby said:
Toby said:
The other thing I still noticed about all the bars not having been out in forever is how dirty they were, flies in the fucking bathroom and cracked toilets, like what in the actual fuck.

If this sort of stuff bothers you, I can't imagine how you'll feel in NYC, lol....

The bars I went to in NYC, it was only for a short time, were a lot cleaner and so were the streets in the Meatpacking District. Comparatively speaking that is.

aray808311

Space Monkey
space monkey
haha this is the second or third post ive seen (different forums) on how terrible Atlanta is

Evan27

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I went to college in Georgia from OOS, so I can vouch for most of what this guy said. Most of the circles run tight around people who went to high school in North Atlanta, like Milton for example. I was actually in a fraternity, which helped integrate me a degree, but it was frustrating watching people not intrinsically cool, have better success because of their extrinsic relationships. I learned to accept it while I was there, and did well enough that I don't have any regrets, but I actually moved away and understand these feelings.

It's true that it's difficult for the 20s bachelor there, something about the ratio is not right. I did meet a few females while there that worked at the CDC, they all had political views that probably consider masculinity as toxic. So yes, many who work there (huge employer in the area) have b**** shields. It also seemed like many of the girls at my college settled pretty early with a guy and have been with him ever since, meaning like 6 years now. So I also say the girls there are more compelled to find a guy early on, rather than live a single life. Kinda goes with the territory though, most of people around Atlanta live in the Suburbs, so I guess that lifestyle wears off on them.

For those living in Atl now, I will say there are many breweries that you could potentially utilize. Since most are set up with day drinking hours, it won't be as tilted as nightlife to game women. Monday Night Brewing, Sweetwater, and Arches Brewing were some of my favorites that I recommend.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
While I didn't do bad dating wise there, social life is another story, my issue with Atlanta is how much hype the city gets that it simply does not deserve. Every other article has it listed a a top 3 dating city for men but I have to disagree. What is off about the ratios in Atlanta is the fact that a large amount of those single women are black and to be politically incorrect for a second, black women are in the lesser desired ethnic groups, calling it as I see it. Most of the hot white girls in the city are former SEC sorority girl types or girls who went to SEC schools, they are usually off-limits unless you knew them and their circle in college or are willing to become a born again devout Christian (or just really good at acting like one).

What bothered me more than the dating culture were just the people. It was the morally self-righteous goody two shoe Christian act that relied on guilt-tripping you into doing things for them. Play up the Jesus act one second but when no one is looking, slowly let out your more sleazy side. It was so dishonest and I felt a lot of the locals were real sketchy too about it.

There was no southern hospitality to be found either, everyone seemed to want to hustle you out of something or was constantly competing to climb the social ladder. You could rarely go to any of the Buckhead bars and chat with some people, they were hostile and closed off. It seemed like in Atlanta, everyone was obsessed with being cool and their perception which led to it being a tough nut to crack on a social scale. While DC and Toronto get the heat for being bad dating markets, I think Atlanta belongs there because of its very toxic social culture.

I went to the state flagship in Georgia, it was socially hell.

Entitled frat boys but also a lot of snotty hipsters, judgmental ethnic people and an overall rude closed off fake vibe. Due to scholarships I went for free pretty much but I kind of wish I had gone to a university with a good social scene so I had some good friends from college to look back on.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Having family in Atlanta and a cousin that goes to UGA (where most kids from the Atlanta suburbs end up), a lot of this thread is fairly accurate. I always feel like compared to the rest of the south, people in Atlanta have that social ladder climbing demeanor to them. You don't notice it unless you are around them enough and compare them with other southerners. While other southerners are more warm and friendly, with Georgia people (Atlanta at least) you get that social ladder climber attitude and more of the cold and judgmental vibes.

I used to wonder why until I realized that Atlanta has a different history to it. When northerners moved there, they usually moved from parts of the north where you would avoid because they are culturally a mess (Staten Island, New Jersey, Maryland, etc.) and they did because they had to. As a result they brought their culture with them so that is why you feel like the people in Atlanta are culturally closer to the people of Jersey or Maryland than the neighboring state of Tennessee.

There is some inferiority complex too having moved from the north all the way down south, that is usually masked by narcissism.

Throw in the status jockeying and the old school southern Christian image games, you get the disaster that you have.

There were clearly some odd mix of events that led to the creation of such a horrible culture.

>