Masculine style can go pretty deep. Our own Darius Belejevas vs Tanner Guzy

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You can check out Darius Belejevas here on Girls Chase.

And here's a cool presentation by Tannner Guzy of Masculine-Style(.com) by 21 Studios: The Philosophy of Masculine Style.

And here's even more: Clothes That Attract Women Pt 1. And Pt 2.
The too long, didn't watch version about these latter two, shorter videos are: you shouldn't really care about what women think about your clothes. You dress for other men in your tribe in the first place. Okay.

So what's your take on all this? Let's say Girls Chase's mission is to offer the best advice on every aspect of your life. Is Darius Belejevas' advice so better than Tanner Guzy's (I'm honestly and seriously asking), or simply he was available to write guest posts on Girls Chase, while Tanner Guzy wasn't? (They both have an online course in the $100 range, while Tanner's one-on-one coaching is in the $3500 range.)

(Today I don't want to post more than this post, but let me briefly add here that I find it kind of strange that Chase, compared to his competition, wants to create products and write the blog mostly for the lowest common denominator, that is, traffic coming from the search engines. On the other hand, online business folks who have a strong following in any business, (including Roosh and Mark Manson), usually don't aim for the lowest common denominator, that is, traffic from the search engines, but improve their products and personal brands by their direct interaction with their audiences, which includes their forum, private forum, comments under their blog posts and YouTube videos (I'm mentioning forum, private forum, blog and YouTube because Chase has all these four), doing interviews back and forth with fellow YouTubers and bloggers which obvious tactics are obviously used by Mark Manson and Roosh as well. Speaking of how to build your following. And network effects. Chase could easily use this latter strategy as well, but for some reason, he doesn't seem to do so. I mean if I write Chase Amante into YouTube's search, this is what I get as most relevant hit. A 3-year old podcast (the age would be fine), but in so bad sound quality I literally was unable to listen to it, as a non-native speaker of English. I tried. And this is the most relevant hit for Chase Amante on YouTube.)

How did I personally get so deep into men's style and fashion? Well. I hate to refer to Roosh all the time (let's say I've found his advice helpful more like 20% of the time than 80% of the time), but he said somewhere women prefer taller men. If you are short, he says, you could improve your chances by being ripped, or improving your style, things like that. This is how I've found Tanner Guzy - who goes much more deeper into things than that.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Let's dig a little deeper! Who should you reasonably listen to when it comes to style advice for heterosexual men?

• Women
  • Heterosexual men
  • Gay men?

I don't want to sound like to sound like sexist or whatever, but basic common sense tell me that heterosexual men can get the best style advice from gay men by definition. And As not Darius Belejevas, nor Tanner Guzy in the above example fits this criteria: A new Reddit thread sees gay men giving fashion tips, relationship advice and more, all of which is directed at straight men in need of a hand.

I intend this to be more like a rule of thumb. It certainly doesn't mean all gay men are style icons. This is far from the truth. It doesn't mean heterosexual men can't give you a good tip or two. But they certainly see you through a different eye. It doesn't mean women can't give you a tip or two either. But for women it usually comes down to she can pick the sexiest outfit from a selection (just like a test in real life), not dress you up from the start.

Feel free to disagree me!

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
My Style advice.....Stick with CLASSIC and COMFORTABLE clothing, that takes minimal care.

If you want to attract women who are shallow and materialistic, then follow all the latest fashion trends and obsess over your hairdo.

If you want a woman that likes how you make her feel. Focus your efforts on those fundamentals.

There is a difference between Well Groomed and obsessed with ones appearance.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Fuck-

Fuck This said:
My Style advice.....Stick with CLASSIC and COMFORTABLE clothing, that takes minimal care.
Okay. Let,s take first CLASSIC. What do you you mean by classic? A nice pair of jeans is a classic, such as a well-cut two piece suit. I suppose it depends on your occasion as well, right? Are you going to a weekend BBQ or to a wedding?

But I definitely disagree with your recommendation on COMFORTABLE clothing. Comfortable clothing by definition means regular to relaxed cuts. I make my case against such clothes in favor of (modern) slim fits. General advice for guys on dressing well can differ as to what actually wear and the rational behind wearing certain pieces, but the advice on cuts is pretty consistent across the board, including Girls Chase's in-house style guy Darius Belejevas, this other style guy I pointed to, Tanner Guzy, and pretty much every style advice for men on the Internet. If you are of average build to moderately athletic which is considered average in Europe (I'm sorry about your American diet to whom it concerns) you should wear slim fits. Slim, not skinny. Of course, if you are big boned (Eric Cartman) or thin and tall, or whatever body type you have there is definite advice on the best cuts you should wear to compliment your body type you can easily find online. My knowledge of cuts is reduced to the cuts look good on me as I do not professionally give advice to other guys.

Fuck This said:
If you want to attract women who are shallow and materialistic, then follow all the latest fashion trends and obsess over your hairdo.
This is definitely not what I was intended to with this topic. This is definitely a misreading of what I'm about here. This is definitely not the point of style advice for men in general, nor what Darius Belejevas or Tanner Guzy for that matter stands for. This definitely isn't the topic of the video I suggested in the first post.

Fuck This said:
If you want a woman that likes how you make her feel. Focus your efforts on those fundamentals.
As far as I understand your style if considered part of your fundamentals by the Girls Chase definition, isn't it? Sure, you can work on your body, humor, etc., less so on your facial features and your height. Why not optimize your clothing, or at least make some reasonable effort do look better than most guys do? Especially if getting right some of the fundamentals in this area doesn't cost you that much time or money.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
u/theescalator on r/seduction said:
How to Create Your Personal Style

Alright gents, I'm not sure if there's a post on this, but I can't find it easily. Consider this my way of "paying it forward" for the advice I'll take from here. Most of the style advice I've read has been "Find an actor you like and dress like him, such as George Clooney." Good advice, but still lacking in the details. I've spent a good amount of money making mistakes in this area, so I figured I'd share a bit for you guys out there who need a few quick tips, step by step, to make your own style.

Find Your Style

Rather than try to emulate celebrities (who all dress like, well, celebrities) or other PUAs (who tend towards a "Jersey Shore" uniform), find your style based on, first, roles you find desirable and, second, what women you're attracted to would like. The order is important, but they will likely overlap. I'll give you an example from myself, and then generalize.

When I first started upgrading my style, I had no direction, I just wanted "better." This is a bad idea, and you'll end up spending lots of money on clothes you don't want. You need a game plan. The way I did this was to examine what kind of image I wanted to portray (for myself, not others). I'm a creative person, so I decided to go for an "urban hip" look.

So, when I shop for clothes, I ask myself "would a New York graphic designer wear something like this?" Now, I don't do this to try and hide behind a persona. I believe that this style represents my own personality. You should do the same with whatever role you choose. Now, you'll find this probably (but not in all cases) lines up with what you want in a woman. I want a woman who is intelligent and artistic, so this style is a way of pre-screening for those characteristics. Do you see what I mean here? You want to communicate the best version of yourself through your clothing. People use your clothing as a shortcut to fit you into certain roles, and adjust their expectations accordingly. Realize this is a fact of life, and use it to your advantage.

My specifics: I wear blue/black Levi's most of the time (514's), with a pair of black leather boots or canvas sneakers. For shirts, I go with plaid long sleeved button-downs (rolled up) or polo shirts. In the winter, I go with oxfords with a v-neck sweater over top. Shirt untucked underneath, so it doesn't look like I tried too hard.

So, for you, find your role, and find clothes to suit. Your occupation does not matter; what you want to communicate does. You want to communicate power/authority? Dress like a Fortune 500 CEO. You want to communicate celebrity? Dress like an actor. You want to communicate athleticism? Dress like an athlete. You want to communicate geek cred? Dress like a gamer (or equivalent).

An important caveat about the second to last one: gym rat is not a style. If you're above the age of 16 and are wearing gym clothes outside the gym, you need to be punched in the face. You can communicate athleticism without the gym shorts. How? Find a Nike factory store, and go to their golf clothes section. Doesn't matter if you like golf or not, no one can deny Tiger Woods looks like an athlete. A Nike dri-fit polo and some khaki pants/shorts (not cargo, for the love of God) communicates the same thing, only classier.

Once you know what you want to communicate and (secondarily) what kinds of women you will attract with that communication, the hard part is over. You have to make a mental shift into that role, and choose clothing based on it. You'll probably already have a general idea from movies/television (doesn't matter if it's entirely accurate; people base their expectations on movies/television) what kinds of clothes to try out. Modify it to your individual tastes, too. Remember, uniqueness is just as important to communicate. You don't want to be forgettable.

Another helpful exercise is to go to where you want to meet women (i.e.: where do women who are "your type" like to hang out? Coffee shops? Night clubs? Yoga class?) and look for clues as to how the high status men there dress. You should notice that they share similar characteristics, but have a unique twist. Find the basics, and work from there.

Figure out what you have to work with

• Who do you know that can help you. Siblings/cousins about your age can really be beneficial, especially female ones. They can give you honest opinions. Female friends that are fashion savvy can also be of great help. For God's sake, do not ask your mom. She will always see you as she raised you, so asking her advice about change will not go over well. Trust me on this.
  • Find your limitations and own them. For example, I have to wear glasses. My immune system attacks contacts like a virus and I'm not a good candidate for Lasik for a few years. I've spent most of my life trying to downplay the fact I wear glasses, but this year I decided to own it, and the response has been overwhelmingly positive. I got on Warby Parker and got a pair of fashionable frames, even though they were more "obvious" than I am used to. People love them, and they've become a crucial part of my style.
  • Get your measurements. Either get a measuring tape and do it yourself (not recommended) or go to a tailor/chain department store and get your chest, neck, arms, waist, and inseam measured.

Some immutable rules

• Get clothes that fit. Pants shouldn't drag the ground, nor should the crotch drop too far below the balls. The legs of your pants should at least conform to the shape and general size of your legs, but not hug them tightly unless that's your thing. With shirts, fit in the shoulders is crucial, and the rest will tell you the quality of the shirt. To tell if a shirt fits in the waist, it should brush your sides as you walk. If you plan on tucking it in, it shouldn't blouse out when you do. If it does, size down or try to find a "slim fit" or "tailored fit."
  • You don't have to spend much money, but you may be happier if you do. Remember, you're doing this for yourself. You're more likely to wear the clothes if you invest (key word) in clothing that you really like, rather than trying to get the best deal on good enough clothing.
  • Invest in shoes. Seriously, comfort and style here. Get multiple opinions. I cannot stress how important it is to get a good pair of shoes or two. Leather boots (city boots, not cowboy boots) go with pretty much any kind of pants, and canvas sneakers go well with shorts.
  • Find uniqueness. If you like polo shirts, for example as I do, don't just get Polo brand unless you really like them. I suggest something more unique, like Original Penguin. Girls comment all the time "I love your penguin shirt!," and even some guys notice. Do you think it would stand out, and give me a conversation starter, if I was wearing a regular polo? It could be a blazer, a hat, a pair of plaid pants, or a piece of jewelry. Something subtle to stand out can be gold! If people notice your clothing, it can be a great conversation starter, with zero extra effort on your part. Don't go overboard, and certainly don't do anything that is incongruent with your personality, but "different in a good way" is what you're going for.

The most important thing is to do this for yourself first, and women second. If you dress simply to impress others, you will come off as incongruent and uncomfortable. This will scream "try-hard" to others if you are not within your own personal style. You'll know when you own it, and you'll know when you're trying too hard, believe me. Listen to your intuition; you know what you like better than anyone else. You're doing this to communicate the best version of yourself to others; not to change your inner self.

If you have any questions, or have anything to add, contribute below or send me a message.

Let me quote the important part again:

Rather than try to emulate celebrities (who all dress like, well, celebrities) or other PUAs (who tend towards a "Jersey Shore" uniform), find your style based on, first, roles you find desirable and, second, what women you're attracted to would like. The order is important, but they will likely overlap. I'll give you an example from myself, and then generalize.

When I first started upgrading my style, I had no direction, I just wanted "better." This is a bad idea, and you'll end up spending lots of money on clothes you don't want. You need a game plan. The way I did this was to examine what kind of image I wanted to portray (for myself, not others). I'm a creative person, so I decided to go for an "urban hip" look.

This is what I wanted to get to with this thread.

Note to the moderator, Franco. This isn't supposed to be a "what to wear" thread, but a thread about "the inner game of style" hence I think it's a better fit here than in the lifestyle section. And also about which experts to listen to regarding to certain aspects of our lives, such as style. Have Girls Chase managed to hire the best expert to cater every area of your lifestlye it tries to cover or in some aspects experts outside Girls Chase are better? Let's find out here!

Darius Belejevas (Girls Chase's in house style expert)
vs.
Tanner Guzy (Just another style guy I've found online who is somewhat popular in the dating and seduction scene. He has really just a modest following on YouTube that is still 10 times the following of Girls Chase. This is just on a side note.)

As I've found the only life situation Darius gives advice on is when you want to look good for the ladies and that's it. So no style advice for the workplace (to progress in your career), no style advice to assert your place in the dominance hierarchy in the boy's club or among your friends (you do have manly hobbies outside this girls chasing (you) thing, don't you?). The logic of Tanner's advice is the opposite of Darius', and is in line with the quoted Reddit post as his first focus isn't to look good for girls, but to look and feel good about yourself, while feeling confident around girls as a self-confident man is basically just an added benefit, nothing more. Importantly, his advice is applicable outside girls chasing (you) situations, including workplace and career, and asserting your place boys' club and among your peers in general.

Darius' not offering any style advice outside of Girls Chasing (you) situations reminds me this article by Chase in which he suggested if you feel confident enough with girls, you shouldn't use a perfume or deodorant at all (fine), only he forgot to add (as he put in a lot of effort to research the article) that this specific advice may only apply to him as his freelancing career advanced at the same pace as he got better with women. As compared to most guys going to a workplace regularly (or college) and socialize with people in general, not only desirable girls chasing you, but you know, just people of all shapes and forms for all sorts of reasons, they may even go to those Meetups for fun, and in these life situations not wearing any deodorant or perfume or anything... may not give you the preferred outcome to say the least.

Darius and Chase giving advice mostly applicable by themselves is fine. But this site is supposed to be about help most folks. Average folks. Right?

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I've already opened this one topic about style and how personality and social dynamics relate to it (that's why it's in the General section not in the Style section - yet) and I don't want to open another one.

Today I want to talk about dressing for your personality. The general consensus among fashionaistas and especially fashionista pickup guys is that different style personalities exist, you should find yours and dress according to it. Tanner Guzy identified three style personalities. His talk is titled The Philosophy of Masculine Style so I assume this thread should fit in the General section as much as the forum section dedicated to apparel.

And here's a cool presentation by Tannner Guzy of Masculine-Style(.com) by 21 Studios: The Philosophy of Masculine Style.

And here's even more: Clothes That Attract Women Pt 1. And Pt 2.
The too long, didn't watch version about these latter two, shorter videos are: you shouldn't really care about what women think about your clothes. You dress for other men in your tribe in the first place. Okay.

Girls Chase writer Darius Belejevas identified six style personalities:

Most guys use some form of test to identify your style. Tanner Guzy's style personalities give you room to be a mix between his three options so his three choices are in reality close to Darius Belejevas' six options. I just wanted to illustrate that you can classify the style personalities in different ways and if you are someone (say a rough, natural type of guy) according to one classification you will be something similar according to a different classification that's of any use.

@Skills and his friend put together this great resource what he calls a crowd-sourced book, a good starting point:

My only constructive criticism, Skills as we started talking to each other across threads, I haven't read the full thing in the last few hours but skimming through it and based on the chapter titles this is the missing chapter: a chapter helping guys identifying their style personalities based to any useful methodology.

Last edited:

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I've already opened this one topic about style and how personality and social dynamics relate to it (that's why it's in the General section not in the Style section - yet) and I don't want to open another one.

Today I want to talk about dressing for your personality. The general consensus among fashionaistas and especially fashionista pickup guys is that different style personalities exist, you should find yours and dress according to it. Tanner Guzy identified three style personalities. His talk is titled The Philosophy of Masculine Style so I assume this thread should fit in the General section as much as the forum section dedicated to apparel.

Girls Chase writer Darius Belejevas identified six style personalities:

Most guys use some form of test to identify your style. Tanner Guzy's style personalities give you room to be a mix between his three options so his three choices are in reality close to Darius Belejevas' six options. I just wanted to illustrate that you can classify the style personalities in different ways and if you are someone (say a rough, natural type of guy) according to one classification you will be something similar according to a different classification that's of any use.

@Skills and his friend put together this great resource what he calls a crowd-sourced book, a good starting point:

My only constructive criticism, Skills as we started talking to each other across threads, I haven't read the full thing in the last few hours but skimming through it and based on the chapter titles this is the missing chapter: a chapter helping guys identifying their style personalities based to any useful methodology.

that article is old, there are some other ones were i talk about gym, tan and laundry series with more close to accurate style ideas....

https://nextasf.com/forum/nextasf/l...ry-part-3-my-latest-looks-maxing-epiphanies-3

in this video i talk about stereotypes and give samples with pics including some of the posters in this forum:

>