How did you keep from feeling bitter during dry spells?

strictlyincreasing

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey guys. I love the site but I've had massive long dry spells and I'm trying to fight out of them. Basically I've had around 50 dates from dating apps and only 1 has gone well. This has resulted in dry spells lasting over a year. I am currently in one. I know that my fundamentals have not been good enough but I truly feel like I'm doing the best that I can.

Anyway, how do you stop from getting into a cycle of negativity and bitterness? The negativity says, "let's just get this bad date over with and try to enjoy an hour or two along the way" while the bitterness says "my fundamentals will probably ruin it for me from the first minute of the date so what's the use...". Obviously these are the wrong mindsets to have, but what did the guys on here do to get through these moments and feelings? Thanks for any help.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
1) bedded an ugly girl. Works immediately post breakup.
2) Socialized with friends with no intention of meeting women. Take the pressure off and women approached me.
3) volunteered at events where I interacted with lots of people. I was doing something that lead to their enjoyment and they were happy and friendly.

strictlyincreasing

Space Monkey
space monkey
Fuck This said:
1) bedded an ugly girl. Works immediately post breakup.
2) Socialized with friends with no intention of meeting women. Take the pressure off and women approached me.
3) volunteered at events where I interacted with lots of people. I was doing something that lead to their enjoyment and they were happy and friendly.

Thanks. So it looks like I don't have the fundamentals to bed an ugly girl or get approached by women or get approach invitations. Did the volunteering have a positive effect on you?

>