Is day game a myth?

strictlyincreasing

Space Monkey
space monkey
I hope that this topic title is not taken to be insolent. I have so much respect for the GC veterans and all of the guys on here who are relentlessly working on improving themselves and their dating lives. They're an inspiration to us all, especially some of the vets who started right at the bottom and are now living in abundance.

But there are some issues that I have with day game and it is looking to me like it's not all that it's cracked up to be. I have to admit that I might not know what I am talking about because I have not gone out and tried it properly. But here is how I understand it.

1. Some prolific online day game gurus hire actresses or shoot fake videos. I won't name names but it's well know now and I don't understand why it's happening if day game is not a myth.

2. Many prolific day gamers actively target foreign women or holidaymakers. We all know that it's easier to target them than the independent, Western working women.

3. Related to the previous point. People are saying that day game is the way to meet the highest quality women. But, during the day, the highest quality women are working on their careers!

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
no way, daygame is not a myth.

women of all kinds do not hole themselves up in their offices 24/7. they are humans too, and you can find them going for lunch on their break from work, doing some grocery shopping, gardening on their front lawn etc. just gotta know where to look and when.

night time still counts as daygame as well, if you are in an environment where there is not drinking going on (like a mall).

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
SI-

It's much easier to use actresses.

Wrestling matches on TV are all scripted; the wrestlers are actors. Reality TV is also all very tightly scripted... there's nothing "real" about it. Of course, wrestling (if not wrestling TV) is real. And if you put a bunch of random people in a house together (or on an island... or whatever), there will of course be lots of drama, people hooking up, and all sorts of ridiculous things.

But when it comes to filming it, if you do not want to have days and days of wasted productive effort because nothing interesting happened or things went great until the end and then it blew up or things went perfectly but it was completely unexceptional and even boring to watch, or it was too quick, or took too long, or any of a million other issues, you script it.

Then with a pickup, you get a bunch of other issues... how are you going to hide the camera from this girl? How do you get good audio? I've heard a lot of mic'ed pickup audio and it's usually bad quality. I knew a guy who had a monthly day game product where he'd record day game pickups he did and break down what he was doing and why he did it... the pickups were real, but they rerecorded them all with voice actresses because the audio was so often bad or unusable. He told me the product was a huge grind: you'd go out and some days you find a girl in two hours and some days you're out there six hours and still haven't found a girl and you just wasted six hours going around with your recording guy. Other days you plan everything out and get everyone ready to record and the sky opens up and it starts raining.

If it's video, are you going to get this girl to sign a model release form? How are you going to do that? Will you ask her to sign that before or after you shag? Or are you going to just post a video of you picking her up without telling her about it and hope she never finds it and sues (or keys your car)?

I thought about doing a candid pickup video product. We got somewhat into the planning stages before I scrapped it. There are so many legal and logistical hurdles, and the demand for live in-the-field pickup videos is so small and niche, it's just a cost-benefit quagmire.

On the other questions, you'd be surprised how often working women go out to lunch, or run errands, or whatnot during the day. A cubicle is not a prison -- many women can do and do roam around town. And not all women's jobs keep them confined to an office throughout the day. There are a lot of women who need to commute about (e.g., I met one day-game-pickup-turned-long-term-girlfriend on her way to a client's office during the day).

Foreign girls or girls on holiday are always going to be easier fodder for seduction. The more settled a girl is in a given city, the more likely she is to have a.) a long-term boyfriend, and b.) a close circle of friends she mostly sticks to and does not go outside of. If she's a recent transplant, doesn't have so many friends, or is just visiting, she's a lot more open to strangers, which means if you're approaching a lot of women, women who fall into those categories will tend to be among the most receptive to you and will end up comprising a not-insignificant slice of your girl mix.

Chase

>