Quick: Who texts after a good date? Should I wait for her text?

razir110

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
This video of Corey Wayne, love his stuff, say loads of smart things, mostly in line with GC ideology.

https://youtu.be/JW0xfHL8AQE?t=14m50s

Quick resume: the guy met a girl, set the date, it went well, they kissed (mistake, he should have invited her home before, but this is not the point if this post) They kissed a few more times blabla, she left. Next morning he texted her with an inside joke. This is when at https://youtu.be/JW0xfHL8AQE?t=17m45s 17:45min into the video, Corey stops and says that the guy fucked up.

I don't get it, what is the problem here? Should he have waited for her to text or what? Anyways, is it such a huge mistake to be the one to text the girl after a good date? Damn I hate this issue, who texts who after the date? According to women rules the guy has to text... However should she text you or what? What if she doesn't? Is it a bad sign or she is just waiting for you to reengage?

Best!

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Coach Corey Wayne definitely has some good stuff!

As for about texting, well, it comes off as too needy most of the time. If she had a spectacular date then Chase has a text where you text the next day to keep the ball rolling to set up the next date.

Unless it was an amazing date FOR HER (sadly the guy's perspective matters very little here if you want results) then he should have waited at least a full day to text here again.

The only other time that he should text the next day is if sex happened (which it doesn't sound like it did, but I didn't watch the video).

As for where the coach is coming from though, he advises only initiating a text once a week (and it's very GC like in that he advises only using the phone to set up the next date whenever possible, with only brief and sporadic conversations just to talk). Why does he say this? To prevent you from chasing her. If you're only reaching out to her once a week then it's damn near impossible to chase her down, or make her feel chased. The other part of that is to basically make her reach out more.

If she reaches out then automatically assume that she wants to see you, no matter what the text actually says.

Her: Hi!/meme/omg the funniest thing just happened/how are you?/are you mad?/etc.
You: Hey! Great to hear from you! I've got a ton on my plate right now but we need to get together soon, when are you free? *or something to that effect*

Then schedule the date from there and get off of the phone ASAP.

And for the most part his advice is solid. I've taken his advice and used it to great effect, though I think he comes from the old school world of never text a girl so in the beginning I don't follow his advice as closely as that.

In the beginning I follow more of Blackdragon's texting rules. Which is basically get her locked in by having sex with her on two-three separate occasion's and then follow coach's advice.

Experiment with it, see what works best for your particular style. Personally, I go with BD's advice early on and then follow up with coach's texting advice. It works for me.

razir110

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Regal Tiger,

Thanks for the reply. So basically wait for her to text the same day or the next day, if she doesn't then text with a day in between from the day of the date with a proposal to meet again. Sounds good and straight to the point :)

Have you read Cory's book? I was thinking of buying it.

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
razir110 said:
Regal Tiger,

Thanks for the reply. So basically wait for her to text the same day or the next day, if she doesn't then text with a day in between from the day of the date with a proposal to meet again. Sounds good and straight to the point :)

Have you read Cory's book? I was thinking of buying it.

Yes and it’s not too bad. And that’s right on the text, though an easier way to think of when to text after a first date is 24-48 hours (unless she had an amazing time and/or sex happened).

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Curious if anyone had a way to seed the idea to the woman that she needs to text you first?

I've envisioned something along the lines of when she tells you what she has going later that week that upon parting, you tell her: "let me know how that (thing she told you about) goes."

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Fuck This said:
Curious if anyone had a way to seed the idea to the woman that she needs to text you first?

I've envisioned something along the lines of when she tells you what she has going later that week that upon parting, you tell her: "let me know how that (thing she told you about) goes."

It's more about operant conditioning. This is especially the case in the beginning of the relationships, when both of your emotions are running high.

Ricardus used to talk a lot about The Passion Trap and basically what it talks about is chasing and why people chase. There's always a One-Up and a One-Down. The One-Up becomes the OU whenever they start to pull away, even if a little bit. This causes a little bit of dread within the One-Down who will rush to fill in the void caused by the OU pulling back.

Using BD's texting advice to achieve 'lock-in' you kind of get into a budding passionate romance. But then you become the OU whenever you start to pull back a little bit. You don't want to pull back a lot in the beginning, but just a little bit by switching to Corey's style.

When emotions are high for both people in the beginning it's quite subtle what happens, but since it's so early the girl won't think twice to text you first. More so if you're doing everything else right. It's just a natural reaction because, well, you have chased a little bit in the beginning so there's not a lot to fear for her. Of course you're into her, but she still feels that huge rush of emotions because everything is still so new, so nothing is set in stone yet (and at this point you're both kind of the One-Down).

If you're doing everything else right she's going to want to see you and she's going to reach out to you, she just can't help herself. And that's where Corey's advice really shines in my experience because it mixes so well with what Chase talks about in his operant conditioning article. https://www.girlschase.com/content/oper ... ationships

When she reaches out to you, you automatically assume she wants to see you. So you immediately set up the date with her. This trains her that if she wants to see you then she has to reach out to you. If she doesn't reach out then no big deal, you're still reaching out once a week. So she can still see you but she will have to wait unless she reaches out.

In this way you reward her for reaching out to you and, while you're not necessarily punishing her for not reaching out you are in a way... but it's not quite the same, if that makes sense.

------

Back to your original point; you don't really have to do anything like that. But, if you want to double down in a way, then you can easily do stuff like that. Let me know how that test goes, or how sparky is doing or whatever else is a good way to give her plausible deniability in regards to reaching out to you. It also shows that you're paying attention to her, in a way. And it validates her when she does reach out to you and gives you an additional reason to meet up:

Hey! Glad to hear that you made it back from your trip safely. I'm swamped right now but I wanna hear all about it, when are you free to meet up?

Something like that's perfectly fine, and you can do it with just about anything. In my experiences it's similar to what Chase talks about in a few articles about pulling a girl back home. You're not pulling her back home to have sex, you're pulling her home to look at the beautiful paint job you did on that one wall in that one room. Or to have a nightcap or whatever else.

It can work, but at this point, after achieving lock-in, you don't have to do it. And it's a little more powerful if you don't because you're training her that when she reaches out she gets a date with you, not to talk about Sparky or her trip or whatever else. She wants to see you, no plausible deniability.

So long story short; it works, but if you're doing everything else right you don't have to do it. If you think you need the extra firepower for whatever reason (beginners or if you didn't make a great impression on the girl then this kinda stuff can help give you a little push, but not a lot).

QUICK EDIT: it's also kind of sneaky, Corey's replies. Because it kind of pushes her into the chasing position by implying that you're a busy guy but actively working to get her in your life.

Something else you can do, if you'd prefer: instead of saying that you're swamped, you can have a quick two-three back-and-forth message conversation before going for the date. That's what I started with, and then it comes off a little more natural.

This is what I, personally prefer, even now. Though both work.

>