Do you sleep with girls that you wouldn't date?

Evan27

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
My question is not so much as drunken hookups and one night stands go, for those I know and have slept with girls that aren't future prospects but this question stems from girls you are more familiar with, i.e. outside edge of social circle. Anyway, there's this girl that has been texting me, and I tried giving her a chance, but there is no way I could date her. While she is not ugly, she is also beneath what I consider good looking, and I almost certainly feel like sex would lead to strings attached. This question in general I am curious to know what you guys' thoughts are cause I've had friends in the past sleep with girls like this in a similar situation but then move on, so if you do say yes it begs a deeper question. Why, if there is nothing to gain?

razir110

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Honestly if you are 100% sure she will fall for you/already has then I wouldn't sleep with her. I would just avoid getting her hurt and I would also avoid a lot of trouble that could come next, her chasing you, bla bla.

Do you really want that for a lay? If she is insanely hot and stuff, well maybe go for it but there will be consequences if she is attached to you. If you have options, then I would pass on these girls.

But answering your general question: OF COURSE I would sleep with girls I wouldn't date 80% of women I sleep with aren't girlfriend material for me for different reasons.
Feel no problems to sleep with a girl you wouldn't date if you don't really know her and you know she isn't crazy in love with you, etc. Don't think you might hurt her in the future though. Future is in the future, now is now. In case you just met, then think about the now. You aren't responsible for her feelings.

Best.

Evan27

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
razir110 said:
Honestly if you are 100% sure she will fall for you/already has then I wouldn't sleep with her. I would just avoid getting her hurt and I would also avoid a lot of trouble that could come next, her chasing you, bla bla.

Do you really want that for a lay? If she is insanely hot and stuff, well maybe go for it but there will be consequences if she is attached to you. If you have options, then I would pass on these girls.

But answering your general question: OF COURSE I would sleep with girls I wouldn't date 80% of women I sleep with aren't girlfriend material for me for different reasons.
Feel no problems to sleep with a girl you wouldn't date if you don't really know her and you know she isn't crazy in love with you, etc. Don't think you might hurt her in the future though. Future is in the future, now is now. In case you just met, then think about the now. You aren't responsible for her feelings.

Best.

Ok, let me amend that question...Do you sleep with girls that you wouldn't date if you're barely even attracted to them?

Obviously casual sex is a going to fall in that category but my original question was meant for asking about sex with females you aren't crazy attracted to. My argument is that even casual sex relationships still are built on physical attraction, if nothing else on top of that. I guess moreso I'm interested in knowing whether people are having sex (or not having sex) in regards to this particular scenario for ego reasons vs. actual enjoyment...

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yup. Pussy feels good mane. She has to be ok enough. One girl I was kind of ugh about, but I got used to her and fucked her a whole lot.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I've ejected from some pretty solid setups for just this reason.

Was thinking about the one girl who "gave me the house tour" and as we were in her bedroom, I saw her bed with dog hair all over it, and that point was "NOPE"....

Then there is the Sister of one of my high school classmates. Could have hooked up with her after a concert and then I remembered what a bitch her mother and sister are, and said NOPE....

There have been a couple in my running group I could have bedded but I backed off because I didn't want to complicate that social circle.

There is the Fat Firefighter that came into my work and offered to cook me dinner....with a wink...Ehhh, nawww...

All of these ejections were because I was worried about future repercussions to my career and social circle.

Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Yes.

Majority of the time, ONS (or, casual hookup) material =/= relationship material. Very few girls have made me feel, "I want to date her" from the get go. So for most girls, how can I know if she's relationship material if I haven't fucked her yet?
If I'm gonna be in some sort of relationship (whether that be casual or LTR), the sex has to be solid or at least be able to become solid.

I see the social circle complications and reputation, but that's a separate issue from the difference between a fuck and a potential girlfriend of some degree.

Also, I think it's important to be a man who does what he wants to do and fucks who he wants to fuck. Reputation management shouldn't be ignored, but you need good reasons to withhold yourself from doing what you want to do.

In some aspects, I'd say that if you don't think you'd enjoy the sex for reasons XYZ then perhaps just don't.

But in my overall opinion, I'd say go ahead and do the dirty.

My question is not so much as drunken hookups and one night stands go, for those I know and have slept with girls that aren't future prospects but this question stems from girls you are more familiar with, i.e. outside edge of social circle
If they're on the outside edge of social circle, the chances really aren't that huge that it will negatively effect you beyond repair, in my experience (as reputation fluctuates). It depends how big of a pond you're swimming in, though.

Hue

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Simple answer; you have to fuck a girl before you really figure out what position she's going to have in your life and until you fuck a girl she's just another fish in the sea.

That being said, I cannot sleep with women that I don't find at least somewhat physically attractive. I've met some awesome women with personalities that were stellar and literally everything I like personality-wise that I know I would immediately bail on if something was ever to happen simply because no physical attraction is there (for whatever reason).

Lastly, I don't really worry about hurting women anymore because I know how women get "hurt" in the typical way and I take a lot of precautions to avoid that. I don't make promises I don't intend to keep and I make sure proper expectations are set so that I'm not pumping and dumping a girl because she thought I wanted more or something along those lines. So, if I find a girl physically attractive then I will sleep with her THEN the decision about whether I would date her (and what type of "dating" system I'd put her in) comes next. Maybe this girl is a really cute 7 so I won't be monogamous with her but I make her a FB. Maybe the girl is a gorgeous 9 but isn't exactly what I'm looking for so I make her an MLTR. Maybe the girl is absolutely stunning and has every personality trait I could ask for then I might make that girl my wife =P

-Richard

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Space said:
Franco said:
How is the premise of the above article compatible with the premise of the following article? Fuck Yes or No
Anyways. I'm not the OP, and while I can relate to him from my early life, I don't have problems like that anymore.

I've found the research cited by Chase and Franco too complex to my taste, but here's a simple, observation based one for simpletons like me, considering location as well: The Busted Dudes Test

Country list (Country list? How and Where to Move Overseas as a Single Man)
5 (guys definitely date up)
4 (guys date slightly up)
3 (equal attractiveness)
2 (guys date slightly down)
1 (guys definitely date down)

Let's say my place scores a number 4, so unless I've has some problems like I've said I had before but not anymore, to the question Do you sleep with girls that you wouldn't date?, given having just average attributes and skills (read: someone who doesn't learn about pick-up, dating, sex, and relationships), I should answer with a clear 'no,' right?

Take Roosh with a grain of salt, but I've found these pair of articles related to the topic also insightful:

The Boner Test
The Ego Test

On the other hand I can't imagine what I would do if, say, I was born Australian. By anecdotal evidence (Roosh's forum for what its worth, and I've met a few Australians in my life), let's say Australia scores a 1 on the scale. I mean, how could I physically get it up to what my home country has to offer to me? And fake I'm interested in a girl I'm clearly not? (Honestly personally has helped me.) Highly likely I'd rather work on securing an overseas job or an ancestral passport from Europe. In fact, I've met many Australians here enjoying European culture (and I guess, ladies). It's not a coincidence Australia was meant to be a prison, far from culture and everything... Now it's true it offers one of the highest standards of living, but at what cost, for its male populace? Sorry if you find my ramblings off to this discussion, but this is the obvious perspective came to my mind from the get go. Couldn't escape to notice you are not really interested in physical place, cultural differences, travel, and the like. I seem to be the one here who do.

Continuing here.

Evan27

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Franco said:

Since I am interested in this subject, I took it upon myself to review these articles (and examine the studies a little more in depth). In the study title "How low will men with high esteem go?" the issue I found is that the sample size is only 57 men, and of those they are all undergrads. "This was accomplished by conducting a cross-sectional study with undergraduate participants (57 men and 124 women)" We cannot know if the findings of this case is necessary valid without using a larger sample/variety of age groups.

Next study provided is called "Mate selection and the Dark Triad". For the actual quantitative results when pulling up the study off google, there does not appear to be any statistical significance between dark triad and physical attractiveness of mate selection (i.e. no difference between them and regular guys). The formatting may be messed up but see if you can follow from this chart:

Psychopathy Narcissism Machiavellianism Dark triad

Long-term mate preferences
Social level .03 (.15) .12 (.18) .09b (.06) .09c
Creativity .11 (.10) .08 (.05g) .08 (.02) .11
Kindness .21** (.26**) .04 (.05f) .08 (.05) .12
Liveliness .10 (.17*) .06a (.15e) .00 (.01h) .01
Physical attractiveness .05 (.00) .12 (.17d) .06 (.06) .10

Short-term mate preferences
Social level .13 (.11) .05 (.07) .10b (.08) .10c
Creativity .10 (.00) .22** (.25**g) .13* (.04) .18**
Kindness .22** (.23**) .17** (.13f) .12 (.12) .19**
Liveliness .10 (.13) .10a (.12e) .03 (.14h) .08
Physical attractiveness .02 (.01) .02 (.02d) .03 (.01) .03
Note: Comparisons among subscript letters are significant (p < .05) moderation tests using the Fisher’s z-test for moderation effects by mating duration. * p < .05. ** p < .01.
But as seen their may still be lowered standards in other areas like creativity and kindness.

Now the original point I was trying to make had to do with observations I've made where it appears guys sleep with borderline attractive girls in order to claim having a larger number of sexual partners. It's as if cultural reasons push people toward this pursuit, and what I meant by ego reasons when asking if people decided to sleep with those type of women. This is just my opinion but in my fraternity(in the past) it's almost as if there was a pressure to have sex even if not physically compatible. But this is the first time I've ever even questioned it, due to the situation I was just recently placed in, and is why I wanted to ask for other opinions

Cheers

>