Chase's article: Why Cold Approach Works Better Than Anything Else and Meetup

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Marty's topic on speed dating reminds me of something related. I don't debate the basic premise of the article, that Cold Approach Works Better Than Anything Else. Probably.

But let's take a closer look at the part where it speaks about social circles and namely Meetup.com.

Chase said:
Here's an example: when you go out with your social circle, you maybe meet one or two new vaguely attractive women once every fifteen or twenty outings, if your circles are like the average guy's circles. Maybe you have better circles, or even amazing circles, where you're meeting a few attractive new women each time

Chase said:
Or, you can become the main guy for a big activity group, like the ones on Meetup.com, but those, too, attract only a certain kind of person: generally, people in their late 20s to early 40s who are single, bored, moderately attractive, and somewhat professional. Okay people the lot of them, but rarely anything especially extraordinary

Chase said:
Maybe I haven't bothered to spend the years required to build up an amazing social circle with high caliber women, or maybe there's some secret to accessing amazing women via social circle I haven't stumbled on yet.

I'm certainly not the main guy of any Meetup group, but from time to time I schedule to attend a few, given the topic is interesting. European city with quite a bit of action, there are a few interesting ones, even if you don't care about meeting someone. And there are also groups with the sole purpose of letting people from different countries to socialize with each other. As for girls, there are quite a few if not most in their early 20s.

For the sake of discussion, does it really matter to you if there are one, two, or five attractive girls in a meeting if you are the only player around? (Unless you want to go home with more than one of them, it doesn't matter. And I'm not that advanced yet. Are you?) Not to mention everyone's attractive is different.

My pet peeve is, what I miss from the article (though Chase seemed to have a totally different experience with the events to bother) that these are friendly, social environments where even beta chodes have the opportunity to interact with nice girls in friendly environment. So how do you distinguish yourself? How do you show your seductive and sexual side as well, besides your social side? (By the terminology of 60 Years of Challenge, you are supposed to be social, seductive, and sexual. All three.)

I don't do cold approaches as a sport (it's more like part of my lifestyle, let's say), but at least I have some successes with it. If I were to go out to do cold approaches as a job for two hours, I would get more results with it than by going to two-hour meetup. How to make the most out of these meetups I'm going to anyways? (So answers like you should go and do cold approaches instead don't count.)

I'm sure there is a definitive answer to this question in the form of an article on Girls Chase, but there are overwhelmingly so many articles on the site. Heck, the search engine recommended me this very article when I tried to search for an answer.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Re: Chase's article: Why Cold Approach Works Better Than Anything Else and Meetu

Space said:
And there are also groups with the sole purpose of letting people from different countries to socialize with each other.
An observation with these kind of meetups. Observing myself vs. others. Let's say about 50 people attends. Most everyone stay with their small circle of acquaintances for the whole duration, groups of 3 to 8 people, whether they are new or infrequent attendees, or regulars. If they are new or infrequent attendees, they just usually spend their whole time talking to the same few people they magically happened to be positioned with from the get-go. Some guys do not talk to any girls at all. Me on the other hand go around, have shorter interactions, in general try to at least have a short conversation with most groups or individuals where I sense some potential of anything. At least it seem I've made a cool guy friend who is on an interesting assignment here from an interesting country. (Not the wingman-type, yet. But I'm perfectly used to rolling solo with good experiences anyways.) Something to show for, especially if you happen to find yourself in a situation where most of your old friends are simply not available due to life (and death) circumstances.

Another bit of information about me, slightly related. Most people I know of tend to have their old, tried and tested, close knitted group of friends. On the other hand I tend to know a lots of different people from a lots of different groups who, if they are put in the same room, are totally incompatible with each other while I enjoy hanging out with diverse people in diverse environments.

I don't know what if anything follows from the above.

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Re: Chase's article: Why Cold Approach Works Better Than Anything Else and Meetu

Space said:
Some guys do not talk to any girls at all.
LOL. Love it!

Space said:
I tend to know a lots of different people from a lots of different groups who, if they are put in the same room, are totally incompatible with each other while I enjoy hanging out with diverse people in diverse environments.
The same. Never quite sure what would happen if they DID meet up.

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

Space said:
Me on the other hand go around, have shorter interactions, in general try to at least have a short conversation with most groups or individuals where I sense some potential of anything. At least it seem I've made a cool guy friend who is on an interesting assignment here from an interesting country.
Okay. Interesting one.

My ideal is to do what you do in reality. My reality, however, is that the breaking into highly cemented circles takes me too much energy and I end up not talking to anyone until someone takes pity on me and introduces me to a group.

I guess to be the lone wolf Sigma-Type AND introverted is a potentially failing combination.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Marty said:
I guess to be the lone wolf Sigma-Type AND introverted is a potentially failing combination.
What's a Sigma-Type? It's the first time I've heard about it, so I've looked it up.

Here you go: Are you: alpha, beta, omega, gamma or sigma male? (descriptions ITT)

Of course, it's not academic psychology, but the textbook definition of broscience. When applied to human males.

Marty, you've written about how your time is limited. I feel for you. So when it comes to personality, I think it's a much better use of your time if you look up the big five personality types. Jordan Peterson has some good stuff on it on YouTube.

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

Space said:
So when it comes to personality, I think it's a much better use of your time if you look up the big five personality types. Jordan Peterson has some good stuff on it on YouTube.
I am already very familiar with the five-factor model thanks Space. And likewise with Jordan Peterson.

I don't see many field reports from you, Space... what I do see is at least four separate instances of linking to the same crappy post. Do you even pick up, or do you just troll the boards with circular references?

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human

Marty said:
I don't see many field reports from you, Space... what I do see is at least four separate instances of linking to the same crappy post. Do you even pick up, or do you just troll the boards with circular references?

Lol I was just thinking the same thing.

+1

Hector Papi Castillo

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Looks like it's time to put up. Field report, Space.

Let's see it.

Hector

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Marty said:
I am already very familiar with the five-factor model thanks Space. And likewise with Jordan Peterson.
But you still refer to yourself as a sigma man for some reason. This categorization was intended for wild animals. It's completely unscientific for humans. But more importantly, is useless for our purposes.

Marty said:
Wow, Marty! You are such a cool dude! So you asked my opinion on Mark Manson. I gave you my detailed, honest feedback, though not what you expected (I haven't read said book), but still I did my best to give you detailed, good information. And this is your reaction. Fine.

Anyways, is it just me, but I totally don't get this community's obsession with field reports. There are no field reports section in Roosh's forum, for that matter. If I were to run a community like this, it would look like something in between Roosh's forum and the Girls Chase forum. But field reports wouldn't be that prominent, for sure.

I personally can't get myself to spend 2 hours writing a more detailed report. For your entertainment only? I'd rather spend that 2 hours elsewhere. If we ever to grab a beer, I'd rather tell you in person. If the purpose of the field report is not your entertainment but that other forum members can give me their valuable feedback - I've already made my conclusions (one, two). And here's my fragment of a field report. I hope you guys are entertained! But more importantly, I'd truly appreciate your actionable advice - for the whole community's benefit.

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

My two cents:
After doing meetups for several months now, I've come to the conclusion that meetups are good.... if you use them to get yourself to a venue with a ton of people so that you CAN cold approach.

razir110

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Marty +1 lol

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

ElderPrice said:
My two cents:
After doing meetups for several months now, I've come to the conclusion that meetups are good.... if you use them to get yourself to a venue with a ton of people so that you CAN cold approach.
As from my opening post you may know that I do not attend Meetups for picking up girls in the first place. Nonetheless, my first number from a Meetup from someone definitely younger and quite possibly cuter than Chase's experience with Meetup girls. We talked only for 2-5 minutes; it was a busy event. But seriously; who cares? (And meanwhile quite a few numbers from 'normal' places. OK, actually it wasn't my first number from a Meetup; it was the second. The first one was from a lady of my age, so I forgot to count it.)

>