Reasons a girl would avoid eye contact?

Start_ed_young

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Recently I’ve started talking to this new girl at my school. She’s really attractive but she would be a lot more attractive I’ve she held strong eye contact while talking. Is there a way to get her to do this? What are some reasons she would look me in the eyes while talking. She seems kinda shy, she is new to my area. But, she is used to being popular so I can’t imagine me being high value in a new circle is intimidating to her. I don’t know much about her experience with guys though.

I don’t know if it means she is uninterested or just shy and not completely warm to me. She responds to questions very well, including many details that were unecessary for a yes no. She walks alone with me to lunch. But she doesn’t look at me, and she walks fast. Until she leaves to her friends she looks at me
To say see you later.

It seems the only time she uses eye contact is the beginning and ending of an interaction. For instance, many of the time girls greet me in the hall they call me by name and say hey. She waits for me to catch her gaze then she smiles... so?

When I was walking home once, after three days I’d met her. She honked at me and rolled down the window to say hey. The lack of eye contact may just be a sign she is uncomfortable around me still. I’ve been trying to build comfort by using touch and creating inside humor. But I’m not sure how to escalate the touch thing past touching my her on the shoulder when I only have a brief time period to talk with her. Or just how to escalate with touch in general. But also, what are the reasons girls avoid eye contact and what can you do to change that? (Also, I plan to write more on her in the future, but since it’s a social circle, would I right in in FR? Or I guess just wait til it’s an LR ;))

Thanks,
Young

Noir

Space Monkey
space monkey
If she's not making eye contact, then she's not comfortable. Possibly because she is attracted to you but feels too nervous to talk and is afraid she'll say something wrong or stupid, etc.

IMO, eye contact is just a very small part of seduction. I'd focus more on getting to know her (and vice versa) so you won't have resistance when you escalate.

Noir

Space Monkey
space monkey
One more thing I forgot to add, if she's not comfortable making eye from a distance she is not going to be any more comfortable with kino up close (unless she is VERY shy and the mood is right). Throwing in kino without any basis per say is going to have the opposite effect of her feeling comfortable with you. Not a game killer, especially in a soc circle environment, but I'd be cautious and gauge a little more before touching her.

>