Clueless and new to snapchat

Smiling_Stray

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey guys, so I just met a girl today and we exchanged contact info to set up a date but here's the thing: her phone's broken so she suggested we use Facebook or Snapchat. I'm used to texting on Facebook (it's an easy platform to use and my often go to) but I wanted to try something new (especially since snapchat is great for discretion ;) ). It's a little disorienting using a platform i'm not familiar with so I figured it'd be a good idea to ask for a little advice.

I've been called a good-looking guy for as long as I can remember but I'm terrible with selfies (it always seems awkward somehow XD ) so I've largely stuck with just using the texting feature without any pictures thus far. Is it cool to use just the texting or should I be using pictures as well?

Cheers and thanks in advance

Start_ed_young

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It’s probably not gonna hurt if you just use the text feature, but it’s probably better to use pictures. Only using the text feature may come off as insecure/socially awkward (just cuz it’s not what most people do.) when you say taking selfies just feels unnatural, it’s probably because your doing it unnaturally, lol. Really just look at the phone screen and take a picture. A lot of guys just do half their face.

I find that the pictures feature is good because,
1. Text is an environment where us guys have low leverage, no non verbals are at play.
2. When you use Snapchat, you can use facial expressions along with words.
3. Also her pictures can be used to somewhat calculate her interest I believe. Like if she’s taking pics in mirror in a bikini while talking to you vs taking pictures of half of her face. Maybe not so much how interested, but what type of girl your dealing with. How conservative, how shy, how comfortable with her self, and probably some other factors are more able to be revealed.

Also if you want, you can pm me ur snap and I could show you more of what I’m talking about, what most guys at my high school do and what I do. If ur interested.

Cheers,
Young

>