What to do when women don't qualify themselves to a screen?

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Let's say I ask a girl if she's a good cook, and she says something like "oh no, I can't cook at all! It's a good thing there are good restaurants near my house!"

Or maybe I ask her if she likes to exercise often, and she says "no, I really don't! I'm so lazy."

Perhaps they are just being honest, but they're not really offering any alternative value either. Such as- in the 2nd example above, she could have said something like "no, I really don't! I do try to eat healthy though."

How do you respond? I'm guessing you don't want to elicit a negative reaction to the point she'll pick up on it, or make an explicitly negative comment. Do you "punish" these types of responses, by withdrawing attention a bit or slightly changing body language (example: maybe lean back in your chair a tad and drift off a bit)?

PinotNoir

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Re: What to do when women don't qualify themselves to a scre

If you're interested, maybe...

Girl: "oh no, I can't cook at all! It's a good thing there are good restaurants near my house!"
Guy: "Good. I'm an excellent cook and can teach you. When are you free this week to come over?"

Girl: "no, I really don't! I'm so lazy."
Guy: "Yeah, I understand that. My dream job is lounging on the beach. You like the beach?"
Girl: "no, I love the cold."
Guy: "Mmmm, so your dream job is being a polar bar?"
Girl: "haha. no, my dream job is..."

You just roll with it. If she doesn't like something, you can do one of these:

1. Say you also don't like it
2. Ask why and what she likes instead
3. Make some light banter about it
4. Move smoothly to another topic

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Ok, so I am re-reading "How to Make Girls Chase" and I found my answer here- page 184 :)

Also- weird problem... It seems my forum account is not the same account I've used on the main site to purchase the e-books. What's the deal? Lol. Did I unnecessarily create two separate accounts, or are the forums wholly separate from the website? I'd like to use only one account (make it simpler, eh?)- but I don't want to lose all my post history etc here on the forums. Anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder

Narrow-

NarrowJ said:
Also- weird problem... It seems my forum account is not the same account I've used on the main site to purchase the e-books. What's the deal? Lol. Did I unnecessarily create two separate accounts, or are the forums wholly separate from the website? I'd like to use only one account (make it simpler, eh?)- but I don't want to lose all my post history etc here on the forums. Anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?

There was a link between main site accounts and forum accounts with the (mostly private) old forum. However, when we tried to set it up here, it wasn't able to connect because the old forum and the new forum use the same forum architecture and the old forum was overriding the new one.

There's probably a way to fix this pretty simply... although you'd probably end up with two different accounts on the boards. We'll look into it.

Chase

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Ah, makes sense... thanks :)

I thought I was going crazy or something!

>