Make the girl laugh? laugh at the girl? Got some questions

jszen

Rookie
Rookie
Based on what Tod Valintine said in one of his awesome videos... https://youtu.be/ojfp1nN-SL0
You should not try to make a girl laugh during pickup for a many reasons.

1- It makes you look like a 'try hard', since you are looking for a reaction, 2- Since laughter is high energy it is hard to stay at that level and you can easily lose that energy, 3- It is the wrong energy state for escalation since it releases tension. 4- the only good laughter you want from the girl is from the release of that sexual tension which you have created. There are other reasons as well but watch Tod's video for a better explanation.

So my Question......

What about you laughing at what the girl says?
Wouldnt that kill that tension as well, and make you look like your trying to ease the awkwardness of the moment? Also making her fell more validated, that would make you look lesser value?

Any ideas on this? I see some pros do it and some dont...

Michal

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hi,

I dont have an answer, just a general advice. Dont go to the extreme of "making her laugh is bad, this great funny remark that just came on my mind... I will not say it because I would release the tension" Just dont joke when you want to pull her or escalate

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
jszen,

Since you got the 'making girls laughs means nothing'.

Now, about your question :

If a girl makes a joke or something, there's nothing wrong in laughing at what she said. You shouldn't be 'all time serious' guy. But if you are worried about you breaking the tension, just keep staring at her.... .she'll usually ask you what or why are you starting, you could just smile....or keep staring at her without saying anything. She'll usually smile, put her head down in submission etc. This is called creating tension. I use it very often, it makes the girls nervous. And from there you can take things to where you want them to go!

Kent.

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey jszen,

In a dating situation there should always be genuineness, so if she says something funny and you feel like laughing, you shouldn't hold yourself from laughing.

But there is the good, and bad way to laugh.

The "bad way" is the goofy wide grin. It kills mystery, tension, and makes you look like socially uncalibrated. It is the first thing I had to unlearn when I got into seduction.

The good way is what Chase calls "the sexy slow smile". It is more like a hint of a smile, or a half smile, no teeth visible, mouth either closed or half closed. Search in the articles for a description (I must have read it 4 or 5 years ago). This smile is sexy, mysterious, increase tension and builds attraction.

Remember, sexy beats funny every time.

Cheers,
Seppuku

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
jszen said:
What about you laughing at what the girl says?
Wouldnt that kill that tension as well, and make you look like your trying to ease the awkwardness of the moment? Also making her fell more validated, that would make you look lesser value?

This one time I was chatting with a female librarian. One of her co-workers, a balding guy, joined the conversation. We started talking casually about sex, and the co-worker began to laugh nervously. No one else was laughing.

He perceived it as awkward so he started laughing to defuse the tension. The laughter was likely unconscious. HOWEVER, his laughter told me he's a loser who doesn't get laid.

Girls will think the same about you if you start laughing to defuse tension when sex gets brought up.

>