What went wrong with my approach?

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I had exam.....but where I was seated didn't have any fan,cooler or something. so I was really sweating.

Told a female teacher when she came and try to make conversation with me, she than changed my seat on front rows where she was seated.

So, on my left ....a girl was keep looking at me. I initiate eye contact with her 2 times. she must've looked at me more than 5 times. so decided to go for it. in the meanwhile the teacher was making little chit chat with me, but honestly I didn't find her attractive at all....plus I was focused on my paper.

anyway, the girl completed her paper but didn't leave....I take it as a invitation. she asked a sir whether she can make a call, and got busy in it. so I made sure that I finish my answer quickly so that we leave together. ( looks like that's what she wanted anyway)

so I submit my paper....she get up too....but she was little behind. I was walking slowly....and she was way slower than me. Now I was outside my premises and waiting for my friend and choose a place in case she get outside and wait for someone.

I kinda expected her to stand closer to me. a minute later ...I thought she's not coming. I looked at my right ...she get past me and stand on the left side.

3-4 seconds later I looked at her and open.

me : how did it go
she : huh? ( got closer to me)
me : how did it go
she : fine
me : so, you'll pass ?
she : yeah ( laughs just a sec)
me : it was lengthy compared to our next paper
she : (name of the next paper)?
me : yah

and then I looked just a sec to my right and when I looked back she was gone .

WHAT?

she was standing somewhere else now where I can't talk to her. I wasn't gonna chase her. my friend came and I leave.

okay, .....so what really happened man?

I'm thinking i shouldn't have talk about our next paper thing. but....I don't think that could make a girl get away from me. ...can it?

cause I was just about to get into personal stuff with her.

so, was it me?

let me know what you guys think. cause I have to see her 2 more times .

thanks

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
If you felt she was interested, you should have opened more directly. You could have said something like, "Hey are you single??" to express your interest.

You made some boring nice guy small talk with closed ended questions which would be disappointing to her.

Next time you need to be a little bit more proactive and LEAD, you can't just expect her to make all the moves like coming to stand close to you. She was looking at you, and was walking way slower than you. That's practically an invitation for you to go right up to her and start flirting.

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yeah, you're right.

I was also thinking going direct after this failure....looks like the right thing.

Thanks Backstory for clearing it for me.

>