How do you deal with teachers trying to Disrespect you in class, on purpose.

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Personally, I don't like people like these. I actually find them cheap. But, of course...you gotta attend the class.

Example :

I was in a new class yesterday, new kids, new teachers.

There was two teachers in my class, one was teaching ( lets call him 'x') and one was sitting on last bench ( call him 'y') just behind me.

Since its new batch, the topic that x was teaching wasn't much familiar among the students. Looks like that gave him power over kids. He also commented that if we don't know much about the topic then there's no differences between us and the labours. Hmm, that's where I realized what he's trying to do.

So, x was pinpointing guys and was asking questions......when failed to do so....the kid was receiving an insult. If a kid somehow tells a basic about it, and now he's getting bombard of questions after questions. Now the x was going in deep until the kid cracks. And y was laughing every time a kid failed to answer or gave a wrong one.

I remember a year ago I was in a class.....and a teacher picked me and asked me a question.....i answered really correctly....and he asked about my name and write it on the black board....and made a another about it and asked me again, ....again I gave him the correct answer. But, the thing is....he write my name in a little funny way, and when he asked the question related to my name......even I've told him the answer...he pretended not to listen. So I had repeat three times. And the guys sitting near me told me the he didn't really need to do that, he's doing it on purpose. Hmm, so, everybody knew.

So, I was wondering how you guys would handle it....like trying to ask you questions until you get blank, or trying to disrespect you on purpose.

I think they are doing it just to show off the girls. And few of these teachers have BIG EGO. To be honest, they try to be bossy among the class, but when I see them outside they facial expressions looks like peice of shit.

Your advice might save my face.

Thanks

lux7

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Oh yeah, biiiig major posturing to feed their ego.

I have little respect and patience for those behaviour as much as you do, and sometimes that's the behavior a few in the "pick up community" veer towards.

And it's great you are thinking on proper ways of behaving man.

You have two way: confront the behaviour when it gets really too much.

Avoid entertaining it when it's within the boundaries you are ok with.

In this case when they ask you I would react coldly -not mean-, curtly and unaffected.
Example "what's your name", say your name clearly. Don't correct mispellings as that feeds their game.
They ask you a question you don't know the answer of, just say "I don't know the answer to that question". In some situations one may add "that's why I am here", but I wouldn't do it in this case, more ammo for their little games.
In some cases I might probably answer like that even when you know the answer, as you've already noticed it's mostly used for posturing anyway.

When they play those little games with the others just think to yourself "so cheap", like you already do and totally cut out to it and only pay attention to the actual useful information.
Never gang up on another guy and don't laugh at it.

If someone revolts you might join the revolt early on or even better or you might lead it yourself, which can be risky, but that's going down a totally different road.

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
lux7,

Thanks for your advice man. You just gave me a confidence boost :).

I get it, react coldly. I'll do that so.

Yeah, I'm not the guy who gangs up on another and laugh. The thing is they aren't doing anything that's entertaining.

I'll try to ignore their little cheap games, like not getting into it easily.

Kent.

>