Questioning the possibilities

WinnerWinner

Space Monkey
space monkey
I came to a realization and it's scary. I feel it...

You have met, perhaps know or known a guy who's just attractive to everyone. He's shining in a natural way that commands attention and you can just look at him and know that he's' a ladies man. He's comfortable and he's kind but he still live his own life for himself in his own way.
I have a great mentor, who's been on this journey for quite a while and have done crazy, crazy things and he's got a few close friends who were also on the same journey as him.

Yesterday night on my way to the bar, I dropped in the seven eleven to get some gum. Just outside I see a group of gorgeous girls in short skirts and high heels. One very beautiful blonde stopped in front of seven eleven while her friends motioned and told her to come with them as they were walking but she was in her own thoughts. She looked like a girl who just thought about something dirty.

Anyways I go in to get some gum and I see a close friend of my mentor. The very beautiful blonde girl came in and I saw they knew each other, she would rather have him take her somewhere than to go with her friends. He was making a little drama of the store not having the food he wanted in a lighthearted fun way.

Suddenly another two girls beautiful girls came over to him. He knew one of them and made fun of how tall her friend was.

I was in there for 3 minutes and all the people and the shop clerks just looked at him and the whole thing. He was really making a presence. I greeted him and went on my way and I myself couldn't stop but look back to see if he was coming with me.

As I was walking to the bar I felt this feeling of a vast amount of opportunities again. It's like I know only SO little compared to what is possible and this always happens when I'm with my mentor or I meet one of his close friends. It's a scary, uneasy feeling of the unknown and you have a sense of that it is right around the corner.

With all this said, people can only be positively respectfully perceived like that if they really are themselves. If you ask a natural he would say, "just be yourself man"

Do you really have to go through a goddamn rollercoaster with amazing heights and hellish lows?

Well.. I'm almost looking forward to get to the lows because I know that I have to go through uncomfortable situations before I can know more about myself and who I really am. In reality, our image of ourself is just pictures of an identity but is this really who we are or is it something our ego has given to us in order to protect itself? Is it not just the media who's given us an ideal of how a man should act?

I suggest everyone who is on this journey to question what is possible. Go through the world with a mindset of curiosity, do things with awareness and then question different things you notice about yourself and notice how the situation changes through the way you consciously choose to control yourself.

Besides that.. be strong & love without judgment

This is what I'm gonna do once again, (I fell for the trap of judging people subconsciously) and if you are applying it, feel free to post your experiences here :)

Eternity

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
This is a great post, very interesting to me as also well written and deep. You are a lucky guy to have such a mentor or know talented guys like the one above. I would kill for a friend like this. In addition, i always fall for the trap of judging people, its an unconscious reflex by now. As for questioning the possibilities, there's always people out there who know more about something than you. You probably know more about something than me and vice versa. Only thing that can be done is learn from our mistakes and achieve to better ourselves so we can become like your friend above.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hey James,

Great to hear you've got some talented friends to learn things off of. That's was something I made a big priority in my own learning, and I probably learned more from a spending time with few talented friends and watching them do their thing than much of the stuff I read on the Internet.

One note, however:

James said:
Suddenly another two girls beautiful girls came over to him. He knew one of them and made fun of how tall her friend was.

I was in there for 3 minutes and all the people and the shop clerks just looked at him and the whole thing. He was really making a presence. I greeted him and went on my way and I myself couldn't stop but look back to see if he was coming with me.

As I was walking to the bar I felt this feeling of a vast amount of opportunities again. It's like I know only SO little compared to what is possible and this always happens when I'm with my mentor or I meet one of his close friends. It's a scary, uneasy feeling of the unknown and you have a sense of that it is right around the corner.

Here's the note: being the center of attention and being able to peel a girl off and bring her home and sleep with her are two VERY different skill sets. You will sometimes find both of them in the same person, but where you do it's normally because he learned one first (usually being the center of attention), then the other. There are plenty of guys who are all style (life of the party) and no substance (actually sleeping with girls), so do be careful of this.

If your friends are sleeping with new women consistently, prioritize learning what they're doing one-on-one with a girl over what they're doing when they're in song-and-dance mode. The bells-and-whistles aren't actually needed to get girls, but they make for an impressive-looking display.

I used to run workshops with a guy who did a lot of flash game. Talented guy, I like him a lot. But he was much better at getting a lot of attention from women than he was in pulling and giving hands on instruction to the students. Which made us a good team; we'd go out with guys, and they'd be amazed at him working the crowd; but then I'd provide the instruction they needed to actually get in solid interactions, and they'd watch me pick up girls seeming out of nowhere at the end of the night.

Look for where the actual substance is with your friends, and learn that part of it - don't get distracted by the bright shiny aspects of game... they've led a lot of guys astray in the past (and they're sure to continue doing so well into the future).

Cheers,
Chase

Thinkingenigma

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Chase said:
Great to hear you've got some talented friends to learn things off of. That's was something I made a big priority in my own learning, and I probably learned more from a spending time with few talented friends and watching them do their thing than much of the stuff I read on the Internet.

Hey Chase, are there any tips you can give us on finding and getting to know someone who is good at game? I've been looking around, and I can't seem to find them (I think it's because that isn't really a valued trait due to the social dynamics at school, so if anything is happening, it's kept on the down low). Are there any characteristics that I should keep an eye out for?

>