Game Adjustment For Asian Environment?

Tanathip

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi friends at GirlsChase!

First of all, I would like to introduce myself to the like-minded people right here. My name is Jay and I am from Thailand. Right now, I am currently a second year undergraduate student in an international university in Southern Japan (Kyushu), where there is around 45% international students and 55% Japanese students, where there are approximately 2500 males and about 3500 females. This is my first post and I would like to ask a few questions, and also share some insights right here that I have as a guy from a conservative country (land of "smiles" some might think) in Japan

I've been reading a lot of useful contents from GirlsChase.com since April, which opened many doors to the world of pickup and an exciting dating pool. During the first year of my university life, I was vastly an introvert who would spend 80% of my time either selling stuff doing online businesses and doing homework. I occasionally spend my time with guy friends though, but I would say most of my time went by with being alone by myself. I also didn't give a damn about having relationships either at the time. You know, having seen all those "dramas" my friends and people I know were getting in to.

Mating season or not, I cannot say, but while I was strolling around the campus like a lost wandering spirit, I noticed that wherever to turn to, there's always couples walking hand in hand, with big smiles on their face, and some making out in the semi-public areas (behind the bushes, hmm...). I noticed that 70% of the people walking around the campus are couples or at least, acting like one "Why can't I be that guy?", I thought to myself. That started to stir my deepest desire for intimacy and sex. To be precise, I have never dated a single girl in my life, and I was stupid enough to turn 2 girls who fell for me back in junior high simply because I was "too busy studying". I know that my clock is always ticking and that my time as a university student will end in about 2 years. With that in mind, I have decided to put everything aside and get myself fully engaged in the world of dating since December 2014.

That being said, I have limited social circles. 98% of my close friends are guys and most of their social circle members are also guys (with hot girlfriends, ha...) I have asked some of them to introduce me some girls they know but its either they don't know one or they just don't feel like introducing me. Anyways, the point is, with the low level of social status, my game has been developed based on the principle of cold approach or semi-cold approach (talking to random classmates which I see once or twice a week). It took me considerable amount of time to finally break out of the nice guy realm, but even so, if a girl suddenly talks to me without me being prepared, I would give a nice guy response on autopilot. And when I stumbled upon GirlsChase.com on April (and ultimately bought Chase's products today), I started structuring my game plan from there.

Having been in Japan for 3 years, I have proficiency of Japan language to a certain degree. I can hold conversations that does not involve heavy academic vocabularies. Plus, being an international university, most girls (local and international) possess at least a basic handling of English. However, what I can't seem to break right here is the cultural barrier or some sort, which I want to discuss here.

Upon interviewing my friends who have girlfriends, they usually tell me that they meet through social circles or are classmates. Some meet at parties, though that is not as common. Some of them are natural playboys and some are typical nice guys (ahhhh...even they get laid, hmm...). What I found out that they have in common is, they have established network of social circles around them. I would assume that this is how most people meet, through warm approach.

Again, since my social circle members are mainly males, I have to try ticket my way into different circles, though that is a story of another time. Back to the cold approach, I have done cold approaches, using both direct and indirect direct openers on various occasions against girls from different nationalities, although 65% of them are Japanese. What I would say below does not apply to warm approaches however. Here is what I have noticed:

- My game seems to proceed more naturally with western girls. From opening, holding attraction, making inside jokes, deep diving, physical escalation, etc. All of this seemed to progress quite smoothly and the girls would get very engaged in the conversation. We even have similar sense of sarcasms between us. This however, stops at the logistics part when I found out later that 100% of them have boyfriends. Well sadly, westerners are surprisingly a scarcity here, being only 5% of the whole student body. Most international students are either Chinese, Indian, Vietnamese and all other Asian nationalities, including the Middle East.

- Asian girls seem to be very passive and it's usually a lot harder to get them to talk back. Of course, there are exceptions here and there, but most of them are not responsive to my approach. I am able to hold smooth conversation with around 50% of them, including making basic cute jokes, shallow diving...(You know what? Asian girls are pretty defensive to deep diving. I have asked a girl what her dream is a bit further down the conversation and she said she wants to be a junior high school teacher. When asked what her inspiration for that career path is, she would just answer "It's a secret!" Whoooooaaaaa!!!!!! Is it some sort of shit test?) and am able to physically escalate with 25% of them. Most will give me their contact information though, either their Facebook or LINE (the most popular instant messaging service in Japan). Most Japanese girls however, hardly look at their Facebook and will use Facebook messenger with someone their don't care that much about (i.e the "others") and LINE for someone in their social circles. Trading phone numbers is almost impossible for several reasons:

- Phone bills are ridiculously expensive in Japan. That's around 20 cents per minute on average for most carriers' regular rates, not including other surcharges.
- Phone numbers are usually reserved for those who people share deep connections with. Even if they give you the number, it is unlikely that they will answer your calls and calling phone numbers in Japan without one's permission can be considered intrusive or creepy. That's why most people prefer LINE or Facebook messenger.

- Girls usually flake on texts or are extremely slow to respond. I actually got a girl who takes a week to reply to each of my message and will usually deny my invitation to meet up. Well, three strikes are over baby and I let that LINE go cold.

- Some girls from more conservative countries, such as Vietnam or Thailand are usually very resistant to the physical escalation, even if I can tell from their body language that there is chemistry there (puppy eyes, her looking downwards and upwards, leaning towards me, playing with her hair, etc.) The only girls I successfully escalated are mostly from social circles, which are very scarce.

- Girls are downright polite and its very hard to tell from their tonality of their emotions. Some people have weak body languages and it's almost as if I'm talking to a girl version of a nice guy here (or should I say "nice girls"). I can't tell what their intents are or what they might be thinking, whether or not my words strike their emotional chords or if they felt any connections. They usually beat around the bush and give the similar vibe to a guy using "True Indirect" games. Some are even very agreeing to whatever I say, which feels very irritating to me and often feels like I am talking to robots rather than a human being.

- I manage to get down to the deep emotional conversation, managed to deep dive and create the attraction through the use of various principles learned from Girlschase and various other sites. However, after we part ways, I usually text her that evening or the next day to schedule the meetup. Guess what, I am "busy" when I see the picture of her hanging out with her friends at Starbucks on Facebook. Girls are very flaky and I have NEVER successfully asked a girl out on date. Even if some agree to do so, they will flake at the last hour with some excuses. Seems like the attraction expiry date is rather fast to me or is it that they are trying to play hard to get?

- Most of the guys I know use the nice guy approach to get the girls. Out of sympathy, manner or simply there were attracted to the nice guy approach, I have no idea, the girls will accept the proposal. This however, usually ends up with break ups about 3-4 months later.

- This university is surprisingly full of competitions. Yes, this place is full of highly skilled pick up artists (maybe that's the sole reason of coming to Japan?). Some even asked me when they saw me approaching girls that, "Hey you read this from Girlschase, didn't you?" lol One of my friends noted that I'm on the "right track", but remember this is not America. When I asked how I can adjust my game for the better, he'd say go for social circles and take it easy. Other PUAs out there will keep their tight lips to possibly to prevent me from becoming another competition.

- Some PUAs told me that they used the "dark arts" to achieve success with girls. Since cultural differences can be seen as a big barrier preventing us from using normal methods, some would just opt in to diret psychological manipulation, which has potent effects on any human beings regardless of cultural backgrounds. One has told me that he has used the October Man Sequence to sleep with at least 20 girls.

That being said, I don't want to pursue the nice guy path and be at the mercy of the girls, nor do I want to use the "dark arts" of seduction and ruining someone's life out of a short term pleasure. Still, there is a considerable amount of highly skilled seducers in this environment and that from the statistics, 70% of the girls are in active relationship. Not to count that a lot of single girls are in their 4th year who would view me as a little kid and brush me off. While I am taking my time to build up my social circles (just started this month and still going), I want to master my cold approach methods which I prefer as it has little constraints on both me and the girl.

Again, the above result may be a result of my poor game or is it because I need some adjustments to match the Asian, especially Japanese cultures? Is it still possible based on my circumstance here to succeed with the girls using what I've learned from Girlschase? I'm sorry for the long post and please definitely share your ideas. I want to improve myself as a man and to get laid for the first time in my life!

Cheers,
Jay

ray_zorse

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hi, I haven't seen you around before. Welcome to the boards.

First off, congratulations for the cold approach you've done. There is nothing wrong with social circle but cold approach is IMO the only way to get sufficient quantities of girls to practice with, to get good quickly.

You seem to have quite an analytical approach, which is good, but as a beginner to game you're lacking some important reference points, I wouldn't extrapolate "JP girls are XXX" based on your limited experience of gaming them, instead trust that the material on this site is correct and work on getting those reference points, in being more of a lover and moving them towards fast intimacy. You will fail miserably on the first 500+ but don't let that deter you. :)

JP girls are just like any other girl. You say you find them shy and defensive to deep dive... yet you see them making out with random dudes around the campus... also that the Western girls are sexually unavailable... what is basically happening is that you aren't (yet) generating enough attraction. This is like the magic key that unlocks all pussy. :)

Check your fundamentals -- posture, walk, voice, clothing / fashion, jewellery, cologne, footwear, gym/musculature... do you stand out from the crowd in a good way? If not make that happen. That will give an instant attraction boost. But far more important is your interpersonal vibe. This means not leaning into conversations, strong eye contact that builds sexual tension, your conversation itself, your slowness / pauses / use of least effort... and most importantly of all your confidence and unflappability in any situation. You have to fake it till you make it, but only after a year of seduction am I starting to get a real mindset shift to believing I'm a sexy guy and women want my cock. I'm still occasionally noticing bad, unconfident habits and weeding them out -- it's a journey with no ending, and you're already somewhat advanced down the path. Work hard and smart. :)

Ray

Smith

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey Thanatip,

Agree with Ray, your limiting mindset that "Japanese girls are XX. Western girls are XX" is preventing you from having any success with them. I love Japanese girls. Some of them are the most sexually open girls I've met. They're pretty kinky in bed, and will try crazy stuff in bed with you. I remembered a survey showed that most japanese girls (90% or something) have already lost their virginity by 16.

Don't worry about other PUA man. Most guys who read this or other stuff and have dabbled in it will call themselves "PUA", but it doesn't mean they're good with women. Girls like to sleep with attractive guys. She can sleep with multiple guys at the same time, and that's ok. Guys who are really good with women don't even care if you "steal" their girls lol.

Tanathip said:
Guess what, I am "busy" when I see the picture of her hanging out with her friends at Starbucks on Facebook. Girls are very flaky and I have NEVER successfully asked a girl out on date. Even if some agree to do so, they will flake at the last hour with some excuses. Seems like the attraction expiry date is rather fast to me or is it that they are trying to play hard to get?

Post a FR or even better a video if you could. Hard to tell you why they flake if we don't know what your interactions look like. Another option to reduce flake is to go for the instant-date.

Tanathip said:
- Asian girls seem to be very passive and it's usually a lot harder to get them to talk back. Of course, there are exceptions here and there, but most of them are not responsive to my approach. I am able to hold smooth conversation with around 50% of them, including making basic cute jokes, shallow diving

Not all girls will be receptive to you, so don't beat yourself up man. It happens, but still try hard to turn it around because that's where the game is at.

Tanathip said:
- Most of the guys I know use the nice guy approach to get the girls. Out of sympathy, manner or simply there were attracted to the nice guy approach, I have no idea, the girls will accept the proposal. This however, usually ends up with break ups about 3-4 months later.

lol and I wonder why they break up after 3-4 months...Just out of curiosity. what do u mean by the "nice guy approach"? I'm in Taiwan now, and it seems VERY common for guys to buy gifts and stuff for girls they like, or they do extra nice things for her until she realize how great they are as a bf. This behaviour is rampant everywhere I see, even on TV drama and talk shows. The power of mainstream brainwashing on dating is pretty bad here.

Tanathip said:
Again, the above result may be a result of my poor game or is it because I need some adjustments to match the Asian, especially Japanese cultures? Is it still possible based on my circumstance here to succeed with the girls using what I've learned from Girlschase? I'm sorry for the long post and please definitely share your ideas. I want to improve myself as a man and to get laid for the first time in my life!

The culture really doesn't change anything about women. They still like sex. They still want to meet attractive dominant guys. you're already taking action =) Trust that it will happen one day and have fun while doing it.

A

Anonymous

Context is everything.

Yeah, women are women, but culture determines how they act socially.

To make a painfully overgeneralized comparison... A "Western" woman will be more receptive to a confident, aggressive approach in most settings (bars, clubs, social venues) and it is more generally accepted that these places encourage social interaction among strangers.

However, in East Asian cultures, particularly Chinese, Korean, and Japanese, social "face" is a very real social construct. Even if a woman is attracted to you, if you're being overly aggressive, socially clumsy, and/or putting her in a awkward situation in front of friends, social circle, etc., she'll shoot you down, out of sheer self-preservation. You're not adhering to the social customs and norms. You're too "different". Being too different, too radical can hurt you. Being too outlandish and calling attention to yourself and to the girl will cause her to cave to social pressure and reject you.

Now, of course there are exceptions and this is still sort of a overgeneralizing statement I've made about several cultures. But it's a very real social phenomenon and you need to use it in your favor.

Be implicit, but not explicit in your words and actions. Emphasize nonverbal communication and use social proof to your advantage. If you can gain acceptance from her peer groups, it helps immensely. It doesn't mean you have to be best buddies with everyone, but being seen as part of the group, or being able to relate and disarm them from seeing you as the "other" helps tenfold. The worst thing you can do is get everyone to turn against you, so even if she did like you, because her loyalty and social obligations, she'll turn you down because you were socially inept at connecting and building bridges.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Jay-

Welcome aboard!

Most of the guys I know who do well in Asia adopt more of a playfully touchy vibe. Little games like thumb wars and piggyback rides with laughing, etc. Where a Western girl might roll her eyes at this, Asian girls eat it right up. Japan is probably the most extreme environment for this, especially if you do cold approach there. Otherwise they may just act scared/intimidated and run off. Every guy I know who’s spent much time in Japan and is good with women comes out of it a lot more playful than he went in.

I’ve run into a few Thai guys with good game in various parts of Asia. They usually play up the sexuality aspect to good effect. Pound for pound they do seem to do better with Western women – the dark skin lends them that touch of the sensual and exotic that East Asian men don’t have as much for them – but I have seen them with plenty of locals too, probably just because sheer odds means they’re more likely to get local girls than foreigners.

Western girls in Asia are typically hungry to meet men ballsy enough to approach them, but at the same time, they will sink their claws in and hang onto a man like a life raft in a turbulent sea once they’ve got him, because it is not a buyer’s market for them. As soon as Western guys figure out how to sleep with the local girls, they’re lost to Western women, or else they leverage it into sleeping with Western women quickly without ever needing to commit. Western women in Asia mostly have to rely on Western men who either haven't figured out how to sleep with local girls, or aren't into the Asian look, otherwise they're stuck with guys playing the field who aren't interested in dating. I’d probably focus on meeting first year students at your university who haven’t had time to find committed boyfriends yet.

Re: passive girls not talking back, yeah, that’s a little disorienting at first. The key is compliance; just keep asking for it, and so long as she keeps giving it to you, you’re golden.

Actually, if you meet a girl who doesn’t want to talk, but will happily follow your every command, you are good. Nothing left to do but laugh, touch, flirt, escalate, and keep leading the way to somewhere private.

“Hey, step over here… come this way… let’s sit on this bench… let’s move over here… right this way with me… no, no, no, don’t go!... come on, let’s head this way… there’s a wonderful bakery this way, you’ll really love it… hey, before we hit the bakery, I’ve got to stop upstairs and grab my backpack, come up with me… come inside, shoes off please… sit on the couch a minute, I need to use the bathroom…” etc.

Re: girls saying things like “It’s a secret”, golden chance to flirt harder. Get interested and excited. Lean in, give her eyes, and tell her “Now I REALLY want to know!” she’ll giggle and blush and you are doing awesome. “Maybe later,” she’ll say, and then you can say, “Well all right, but sooner or later I want to know what this big secret is,” and then just don’t bring it up again until you’re alone somewhere and can make it a really intimate moment.

That’s a cute thing about Asian girls. They act girlish and demure, which makes it easy for you to adopt the male role quite naturally and really be the aggressor. Fun dynamic for both.

Keep cold approaching, and adjust your vibe as you notice what works better. Get lots of compliance up front, and keep asking for more. Be playful – not a clown, but get her involved, touch her a lot, be a little exaggerated (Her: “My puppy died.” You: [the way you’d talk to a little child] “Oh no! How sad. I’m sure he was a cute little thing. What a tragedy. You know, I had a puppy once who…”).

Talk in English if you can. If you stumble your way through Japanese you are coming onto her turf and sacrifice your value a little bit; do it in English and you stay on neutral ground.

Japan’s a fun place, and it is an outstanding place to learn how to lead dominantly and load up compliance. If anything, I’d treat it as a training ground for those skill sets.

Chase

Tanathip

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thank you for all the comments in this post and thank you too Chase for your insights on how exactly to operate with Asian girls (especially Japanese). I've adjusted my game accordingly and have managed to fill 5/7 days of the week with constant dates. My first date will start tomorrow and I'm so excited that I cannot contain my excitement. Thank you so much and I will continue to improve myself!

Jay

>