Regarding NoFap and motivation



Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby journeyman » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:18 am

It would be cool to share some of your findings regarding masturbation.

The general wisdom out there is that lack of masturbation will increase your testosterone levels and consequently horniness and motivation. Often, people will claim that the more you abstain, the hornier you will get.

I am making this thread to put forward the idea that this is not true for everyone, and hopefully get positive or negative feedback about it.
My argument is purely anecdotal, from my own experience.

I have tracked my morning erections and general horniness while abstaining from masturbation. I have found that:

-- If I don't masturbate for a week, there is a variable response. Sometimes I will be extremely horny and some other times I will almost forget about sex. Invariably, if I don't masturbate for longer, every day that goes by after the initial week I get fewer erections and get noticeably less horny. It's as if my body accepts the fact that there will be no sex and disregards it. Therefore I have found the claim that" after 2 weeks of no masturbation you are going to be like a horny dog", to be not true for me.

-- If I masturbate once every 3-4 days, with no porn, I peak in horniness every second or third day after masturbation. Moreover, this results in consistently more erections per week and no measurable loss of motivation. Therefore I believe this is the best plan for me.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experimented with that and if any of you guys have experienced the same thing. Or if I am missing something regarding my analysis it would be cool to found out about it.

Cheers
journeyman


Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:22 am

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Cacc » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:50 am

I'm doing a month long challenge right now: https://boards.girlschase.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18599

Anyway the most relevant studies I've found where these: https://www.yourbrainonporn.com/men-does-frequent-ejaculation-cause-hangover

Here's the gist:
It shows that frequent ejaculation on rats causes:
reduced androgen receptors
higher estrogen receptors
increases in opioids that dampen libido.

"Bottom line: ejaculation led to a decline in reward circuit dopamine, and a numbed pleasure response, which lasted at least 7 days, and probably longer."


So it's not your actual testosterone that changes, but your body's perception of it that increases.

As for you sometimes not feeling horny, it could be when you feel horny you've been looking more at women vs when you havent been feeling horny.
You come at the king, you best not miss.
Cacc

User avatar

Space Monkey
Space Monkey
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:24 am

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Regal Tiger » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:40 pm

I've experimented with nofap stuff. I've found that it doesn't work for me at all. In fact, I'm able to jack it to porn daily and still be horny enough to go 2-3 times in a day that I see a woman (even a woman that I've been seeing for a while).

But I have also noticed something similar to OP if I don't have a sexual release at least once every 3 days: my dick just dies lol. This will also happen if I get teased for too long (like if a woman either teases me or even changes her mind and leaves me blue balled). My dick just refuses to work until its had a release. So in a way, I kinda have to force myself to completion to get it working again, otherwise it's just a useless lil noodle.

This will also happen, regardless of masturbation, if I've gone longer than two weeks without sex. That first time is really rough... like horrendous ED rough. I'm not sure if it's over excitement or nerves or what, but it's pretty consistent. After that first release though, it's back to being a teenager again!


Confirmed: my other head has a brain. And it's the brain of a petulant 7 year old lol.

Moral of the story; nofap doesn't work for everyone. Though I will admit that abstaining from porn and using memories/fantasies instead will make my erections stronger. Unfortunately it also gives me weaker orgasms and doesn't do a very good job of containing my desires. So no porn = needing 2+ sessions a day.

At this point, porn is a tool to keep my mind and body from pure hedonism in the absence of enough sex and actually allow me to do other things. The only way that I could ever do a nofap challenge without going insane or killing my own little big man downstairs (sadly doesn't do anything to my actual sex drive) is if I had sex literally every other day or so.

Trying to ignore my libido results in this weird haze that I don't know how else to describe. But it feels like an extreme fatigue of the mind in a way. And if it's ignored for too long, dick dies and libido grows. It's weird.
If you're replying to me within five minutes of me posting keep in mind that I'm probably editing my answer lol
Regal Tiger

User avatar

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Cacc » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:23 pm

RT,

What youre talking about is described as the flatline by the NoFap folks. It's a period of time when people who frequently Pmo(porn-masturbate-orgasm) feel like shit after stopping. The effects are brain fog, unstable emotions, and a dead dick. Depending on the severity it can take weeks or sometimes months for this to go away. Because porn acts on your brain like any other addiction does there is a period where you're body needs to rewire itself and learn to function without it. Btw, porn and ejaculation are the single most dopamine releasing activities you can ever do.

Chase agrees that porn sucks: https://www.girlschase.com/content/break ... ls-instead

And that masturbation should be controlled: https://www.girlschase.com/content/how-m ... t-get-laid

People are different but not that different where scientifically backed research works for some but not others.

If you really want to find out. Go weeks without porn and masturbation, get over the dead dick period, and find out if it really doesnt work.

Cacc
You come at the king, you best not miss.
Cacc

User avatar

Space Monkey
Space Monkey
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:24 am

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Regal Tiger » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:20 pm

Cacc wrote:RT,

What youre talking about is described as the flatline by the NoFap folks. It's a period of time when people who frequently Pmo(porn-masturbate-orgasm) feel like shit after stopping. The effects are brain fog, unstable emotions, and a dead dick. Depending on the severity it can take weeks or sometimes months for this to go away. Because porn acts on your brain like any other addiction does there is a period where you're body needs to rewire itself and learn to function without it. Btw, porn and ejaculation are the single most dopamine releasing activities you can ever do.


Still disagree. I can and have gone months without actual porn (just not masturbation). Nowadays I try to limit myself to once a week of porn maximum though, more of a just in case type deal to keep myself from going totally haywire on it and accidentally getting addicted to it. But I still use it, it's just easier and provides a better release. Still not on the same level as sex though. After porn I'm good for a day. After sex I'm good for the next day after.

So it's not the actual porn, it's the release I need :P

Though I also don't even have a release everyday on average. Since I know that I need one every 3 days or so I typically just push it back to every other day. Keeps me 'in shape' and hasn't caused any problems yet.

I think of it like junkfood. As long as you don't go overboard, then you're good. And there are differences in people's bodies. Some have what I call the tapeworm metabolism where they can eat nothing but junk food and still be skinny as fuck while others look at a piece of cake and gain an inch on their waistline lol. Otherwise I agree.

And that masturbation should be controlled: https://www.girlschase.com/content/how-m ... t-get-laid
Disagree, at least for me. I'm sharper after a nice wank every once in a while. I come off as too aggressive if it's been a few days.

People are different but not that different where scientifically backed research works for some but not others.
What you're talking about is the average curve of people. I have an insane sex drive that is most definitely outside of the norm. I used to wonder if I was actually addicted to sex, but I'm not. Hell, there have been times where I've cockblocked myself for friends lol. Also, I do have standards that actual sex addicts apparently don't have.

If you really want to find out. Go weeks without porn and masturbation, get over the dead dick period, and find out if it really doesnt work.

Cacc


Think I'll pass. As long as my funky habits don't get in the way of my life then I'm happy. Now, if they were to start getting in the way then I'd have a problem that needed fixing.

But as long as I can still get it up and in then I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

EDIT: should also clarify so it's not taken out of context: I don't masturbate unless I have an actual urge for a release. Same with sex, I don't fuck unless I genuinely want to (most of the time, there have been a few times where it's only been for and about her knocking one out of the park). But I get turned on whenever the wind blows a certain way so.... guess I'm gifted in that arena lol
If you're replying to me within five minutes of me posting keep in mind that I'm probably editing my answer lol
Regal Tiger

User avatar

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Cacc » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:47 pm

Still disagree.


You can disagree all you want it still doesnt make you right.

You came in and said something doesnt work. So I go, " Regal it does work, you just gotta tweak this and do it for long enough to see change".

Then you said "what im doing right now is good enough." When my initial msg was "if you do this and this it can be even better." Then you say "nah. ill skip it."

Which is fine and thats your prerogative.

But when you come in disproving something and I come in and prove it with Chase and scientific research to back it up saying "nah I disagree" looks more like a weak attempt to hold frame than anything else.

It just sounds to me like a mild porn addiction you are trying to rationalize tbh. You never know how much better off you are eating healthy feels like when you always eat like shit. Just like you never know much abstaining for some weeks can affect you unless you actually do it.

But im no longer arguing for you to change your mind, i'm arguing because you're wrong and I dont want others to be misled, nothing against you personally.
You come at the king, you best not miss.
Cacc

User avatar

Space Monkey
Space Monkey
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:24 am

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Regal Tiger » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:02 am

Cacc wrote:You can disagree all you want it still doesnt make you right.


Ahhh so you know my own body better than I do? Good to know, how’s my intake of sugar doing? That’s the real addiction :P

Quit cherrypicking one little thing I say and taking it out of context

You came in and said something doesnt work. So I go, " Regal it does work, you just gotta tweak this and do it for long enough to see change".


By more or less giving up orgasms for however long a time? Think i’ll pass bud

Then you said "what im doing right now is good enough." When my initial msg was "if you do this and this it can be even better." Then you say "nah. ill skip it."


No it won’t, I’ve already experimented with it. Sex pretty much stays the same as well as the rest of my life

But when you come in disproving something and I come in and prove it with Chase and scientific research to back it up saying "nah I disagree" looks more like a weak attempt to hold frame than anything else.


Like I said, my drive isn’t normal. So yeah, I disagree with ya lol

Now with the average person? I don’t honestly have a clue. Also don’t care as much

It just sounds to me like a mild porn addiction you are trying to rationalize tbh. You never know how much better off you are eating healthy feels like when you always eat like shit. Just like you never know much abstaining for some weeks can affect you unless you actually do it.


Not an addiction if I can and have gone months without it. It’s the release itself that I can’t go without for longer than a few days. Which I put on my other post that you conveniently skipped over

But im no longer arguing for you to change your mind, i'm arguing because you're wrong and I dont want others to be misled, nothing against you personally.


I gave my own experiences on the matter because I found it interesting. I have also stated that I know I’m a little different here. When it comes to the average dude you may be right. But as far as I, personally, am concerned: you’re hilariously wrong

Sounds like you just want to impose your worldview on everybody else here to prove you’re right cuz deep down you wonder if you’re actually wrong. Otherwise you wouldn’t take one quote out of an entire response

EDIT: on my phone now and not sure where the extra damn quote brackets are... I’ve found and deleted the extra one and yet they keep regenerating lol. My bad, not sure what’s going on there but you should be able to pick out which parts are mine easily enough

Think I fixed it, used the wrong slash lol

Double edit: grammar
Regal Tiger

User avatar

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Cacc » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:51 am

Ahhh so you know my own body better than I do? Good to know, how’s my intake of sugar doing? That’s the real addiction :P


At the core fundamental level, humans are all the same. Because we are so similar we tend to focus on the differences. But on a fundamental level, the brain works relatively the same on everyone unless you have a genetic/trauma defect like Aspd.

The problem with people who say something works for others but doesnt work for them when we are talking about a fundamental level is they lack the introspection to look deep and ask themselves if they did something different or were there any variables that might have skewed the results. That's the problem with people who look only at their personal experience to form their beliefs. Personal experience by itself is murky and full of confirmation bias. You must look outside personal experience to truly understand something and make sure your mental model is correct. But most people never look outside themselves before forming their beliefs so you get a lot of people throwing their skewed mental models around.


There are dozens upon dozens of scientific research showing the effects of porn on the brain. If you dont accept that well thats on you. Its your life

By more or less giving up orgasms for however long a time? Think i’ll pass bud


Nope. You havent been reading. I said porn and masturbation(Not completely just for longer periods of time).

No it won’t, I’ve already experimented with it. Sex pretty much stays the same as well as the rest of my life


Nope. You said you stopped porn but not masturbation.

Like I said, my drive isn’t normal. So yeah, I disagree with ya lol

Now with the average person? I don’t honestly have a clue. Also don’t care as much


I have a high sex drive aswell which makes the effects much stronger. You use your sex drive for other purposes instead of releasing. Oh look! Chase wrote an article on it aswell: https://www.girlschase.com/content/14-wa ... fun-profit

Not an addiction if I can and have gone months without it. It’s the release itself that I can’t go without for longer than a few days. Which I put on my other post that you conveniently skipped over


So if you're only looking to release why do you need porn for that? Hm...

Sounds like you just want to impose your worldview on everybody else here to prove you’re right cuz deep down you wonder if you’re actually wrong. Otherwise you wouldn’t take one quote out of an entire response


Scientific evidence isnt a worldview my friend, its just fact. Not counting there are entire websites to beating porn/masturbation addiction and the countless testimonials from men. What you are saying is a worldview. One not backed up by anything but personal experience. Yours and yours alone at that without any kind of looking outward.

But yeah. Your brain is different from all us peasants Regal :P

I've invested too much in this thread already. Peace.
You come at the king, you best not miss.
Cacc

User avatar

Space Monkey
Space Monkey
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:24 am

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Lover » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:45 am

journeyman wrote:-- If I don't masturbate for a week, there is a variable response.


Same here. I have been experimenting a little myself and think this one SHOCKING factor might play a key role

Stress levels!

When I hit the gym regularly, I would sometimes be in need of releases (yes, plural) because of the physical tension - which I consider the same as stress - I was having the days afterwards. It was not always because I got hornier from the sessions, though that did happen too.

When my sleep pattern is not regular, or I'm experiencing psychological stress generally, the respons varies. Sometimes it gets hard, and I feel like having a release multiple times a day to cope with the stress. I call these "sugar craving sessions". Other times I just can't get it up no matter what I do or watch and perhaps go days (or a max of two weeks) without jerking it off. Literally nothing can get it up in that time.

To release the stress, I have been meditating daily in two weeks now. At the one week mark, I noticed that I got boners much eaiser. Even after a meditation session last week, I felt the urge to get a release right after because I couldn't function properly. It was literally messing with my head. I'm gonna see what consistent meditation do for my erections and sex drive, but overall, I'm pretty certain that stress is a huge factor in the sex drive arena.

journeyman wrote:Often, people will claim that the more you abstain, the hornier you will get.

I am making this thread to put forward the idea that this is not true for everyone,


I think the people who the NoFap movement is intended for (pmo-addicts), will feel the greatest effects first time being abscent. I certainly remember that I did, and I wasn't that bad of an addict. But when I swtiched between pmo and abscence over and over, eventually I reached the state of staying flaccid and low sex drive during abscence.

Now, with enough sexual stimulation (visual and physical) and healthy stress levels, I feel like my sex drive functions properly despite the abscence. And I can sometimes be horny without the urge to release. But when the urge is there, I'm pretty much like Regal Tiger that I have to get it over with. However, I need more observations to know if it is a short or long term pattern I am experiencing.
Sexting is one of the most stress relieving actions you can ever do. Probably even more if she also sends nudes

Formerly known as Ajay
Lover


Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:02 am
Location: Europe

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Regal Tiger » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:13 pm

Cacc wrote:
At the core fundamental level, humans are all the same. Because we are so similar we tend to focus on the differences. But on a fundamental level, the brain works relatively the same on everyone unless you have a genetic/trauma defect like Aspd.


Fundamentally, yes. But operationally, no. That's why we have people that have an IQ of 200 and others that have an IQ of 50. Nature itself dictates that there be at least some variables from person to person as we all don't have the same upbringing and neither do we have the exact same biological strengths/weaknesses. Some people are taller, others shorter and etc. etc.

The problem with people who say something works for others but doesnt work for them when we are talking about a fundamental level is they lack the introspection to look deep and ask themselves if they did something different or were there any variables that might have skewed the results. That's the problem with people who look only at their personal experience to form their beliefs. Personal experience by itself is murky and full of confirmation bias. You must look outside personal experience to truly understand something and make sure your mental model is correct. But most people never look outside themselves before forming their beliefs so you get a lot of people throwing their skewed mental models around.


Normally, I'd agree. But I'm not addicted.

Like I said earlier, porn is like junk food. As long as you don't go overboard then you're fine. And I don't.

Well, with porn at least. I could very well be addicted to orgasms though (is that even possible without being a porn/sex addict?) My thoughts are that no, that doesn't quite compute. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I chalk this up to a difference in sex drives between the average person and myself. As long as my enjoyments don't cause problems in my life then I'm perfectly fine.

There are dozens upon dozens of scientific research showing the effects of porn on the brain. If you dont accept that well thats on you. Its your life


I think you're talking past me, again. I said that I'm able to use porn daily and still be horny for women. I also said that I can and have gone months without porn (still masturbated though). I also said that I typically don't use porn more than once a week.

Hell, when I was with my last girlfriend in 2015 we saw each other 3-4 times a week (I know, that's bad, that was years ago and many a mistake were made. That's not the point of this argument) and with that I didn't masturbate at all for 2 months during that time. Now, when we started seeing each other less and less, then I picked it back up again.

By more or less giving up orgasms for however long a time? Think i’ll pass bud


Nope. You havent been reading. I said porn and masturbation(Not completely just for longer periods of time).


No, you aren't reading. I said however long a time, which means blank amount of time. Could be weeks, could be months. Think I'll pass. Life's too short for abstinence when enjoying myself doesn't interfere with my general life.

Now, once my financial house is in order and I'm able to start adding women into my rotation again. Then I'll go cold turkey on masturbation simply because it won't be needed.

No it won’t, I’ve already experimented with it. Sex pretty much stays the same as well as the rest of my life


Nope. You said you stopped porn but not masturbation.
Just answered that above about the girlfriend a few years ago.

I have a high sex drive aswell which makes the effects much stronger. You use your sex drive for other purposes instead of releasing. Oh look! Chase wrote an article on it aswell: https://www.girlschase.com/content/14-wa ... fun-profit


Yeaaaaa.... definitely gonna pass on that. I'm not motivated like that.

So if you're only looking to release why do you need porn for that? Hm...


Are you even reading my posts? I've literally answered this like 3 times.

To make sure that I don't get an addiction I only use porn a time or two a week, max. It provides a much better release. Without porn = sex drive needs about twice a day, and sometimes three times a day. The damn drive just doesn't go away. Porn suppresses that need for a good solid day. Sex suppresses that need for a solid two days (unless I'm around women, then it's pretty much only a few hours lol).

EDIT: well, need is a strong word since I try to ignore it and put a day or so in between when needed or just when I feel like it. So rather than use the word needs about twice a day, it'd be more appropriate to say the urge hits me more than once a day

Scientific evidence isnt a worldview my friend, its just fact. Not counting there are entire websites to beating porn/masturbation addiction and the countless testimonials from men. What you are saying is a worldview. One not backed up by anything but personal experience. Yours and yours alone at that without any kind of looking outward.


It is when you discount individual differences. I could do a scientific study on the average Joe and his exercise limits. That study wouldn't do jack shit for NBA players or other elite athletes.

What I'm saying is that I'm not addicted and that I have a very strong sex drive. The hell do I care about other websites about something that doesn't negatively effect me in the slightest?

Those websites that you're talking about, with countless testimonials, are usually from men that can't even get it up when around women they're so addicted. That's another extreme. So of course they're going to benefit from going no porn/masturbation. They've built up numerous neural pathways to only get hard when around a computer. Computer porn = sex for people in that extreme. I don't get hard looking at a computer and I still get hard when around women. Therefore, I don't have the same problem that they have and the same solution will not work for me.

That's like saying that I would benefit from taking Schizophrenic medication because it helps people with Schizophrenia.

But yeah. Your brain is different from all us peasants Regal :P


That's King Regal to you, peasant *strikes a dramatic pose* hahahaha

I've invested too much in this thread already. Peace.


I agree, you definitely have :P
If you're replying to me within five minutes of me posting keep in mind that I'm probably editing my answer lol
Regal Tiger

User avatar

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Cacc » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:49 pm

I could very well be addicted to orgasms though


Yes. Ejaculation is the single most dopamine inducing thing you can possibly do. And porn + masturbation is more rewarding to the brain than sex. Look it up. If you know anything addiction then you know its all related to dopamine. But dopamine is much deeper than that and as you get dopamine "hits" your sensitivity to it dulls and you need more stimuli now to cause the same level of pleasure not to mention when you get a big dopamine hit everything else feels dull in relation. Theres a reason why when you cum you dont want to do anything.

You keep mentioning you watch porn yet still have the desire to fuck even though watching porn has nothing to do with killing your libido. It just goes to show you are still misinformed on how the brain actually works and how porn and too much masturbation alters it. Safe to say you didnt look at any of the studies.

If anyone is reading this, better read those scientific studies before coming up with a conclusion.

Regal, everything you are talking about shows that you're addicted to easy, unhelpful pleasure and wont ackowledge that it's bad for you because change is hard. You are probably a hedonist by nature. You crave short term pleasure at the cost of long term improvement.

Cacc
You come at the king, you best not miss.
Cacc

User avatar

Space Monkey
Space Monkey
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:24 am

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Regal Tiger » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Cacc, you’re back to arguing barely a sentence. Everything in your last post has already been discussed, scroll up
If you're replying to me within five minutes of me posting keep in mind that I'm probably editing my answer lol
Regal Tiger

User avatar

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Cacc » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:09 pm

nope it hasnt. thanks for playing regal.

good game
You come at the king, you best not miss.
Cacc

User avatar

Space Monkey
Space Monkey
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:24 am

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby journeyman » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:55 am

Lol even though the thread regressed a little bit, still some great input in here.

My experimentation this week has shown that getting laid has made me hornier. I had to jerk off like 3 times this week already on top of sex and I still get morning erections + no decrease in motivation. Interesting stuff.
journeyman


Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:22 am

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby NiceGuy110 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:46 am

For me if I go a week without masturbating, I can kind seem to lose those urges entirely, but not because my "cock dies" as another poster put it, but because my mind forgets about it. In other words, if I'm bored, I just wouldn't think to masturbate... in spite of how great an idea it might be.

The trouble when I eventually do fap, is that there's usually an 'after shock' when I get the urge to fap again... maybe an hour later or so. I usually don't see this coming! The other thing I don't see coming, is that I might wake that night incredibly horny, and end up fapping.

After having come through a period of time, during which I committed to not fap, there's then nothing to stop me. I also sort of feel like I've earned it or something! So sometimes I'll even fap 5 times over 3 days, before committing to not fap for a while again.
NiceGuy110


Space Monkey
Space Monkey
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:44 am

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby NiceGuy110 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:02 am

Cacc wrote:
I could very well be addicted to orgasms though


Yes. Ejaculation is the single most dopamine inducing thing you can possibly do. And porn + masturbation is more rewarding to the brain than sex. Look it up. If you know anything addiction then you know its all related to dopamine. But dopamine is much deeper than that and as you get dopamine "hits" your sensitivity to it dulls and you need more stimuli now to cause the same level of pleasure not to mention when you get a big dopamine hit everything else feels dull in relation. Theres a reason why when you cum you dont want to do anything.


After I come, apart from feeling fantastic, I feel very sentimental and day dreamy. I can't really say that I lose motivation.

I often like to compare sexual urges with food. Don't we get dopamine rushes from food? Well, whatever kind of a rush we get, the point is that, across the board, we don't find ourselves getting less pleasure out of food as we get older. Is sex not the same? At least masturbation seems to be the same as food in that sense... in that I get as much pleasure out of it. However, for the times that I masturbate to porn (~40% of the time), I do find myself needing to look up more kinky porn. So maybe I'm wrong.

I've looked into the research a bit, and I got the gist that there will never be a way of finding out for sure what effect porn has on the brain. There's various studies and articles (& there's a big difference between the two) that argue the opposite to one another, about the effects of porn.

I'm guessing that the reality of whatever the effects of porn are on the brain, wouldn't provide for an very good click bait title. Something like "The Shocking Reality of what Porn Does to Your Brain" Or "Porn - Don't Fear the Hype that it's so Bad". It's all polarised these days.
NiceGuy110


Space Monkey
Space Monkey
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:44 am

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Marty » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:41 pm

Cacc wrote:At the core fundamental level, humans are all the same. Because we are so similar we tend to focus on the differences. But on a fundamental level, the brain works relatively the same on everyone unless you have a genetic/trauma defect like Aspd.

The problem with people who say something works for others but doesnt work for them when we are talking about a fundamental level is they lack the introspection to look deep and ask themselves if they did something different or were there any variables that might have skewed the results.

Not strictly true. Especially where human bodies are concerned.

For example, many men grow big muscles if they push weights. I have a somewhat gracile body structure and do not. Cardio works better for me as exercise.
Marty

User avatar

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
 
Posts: 1349
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:44 pm
Location: Europe

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Franco » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:39 pm

journeyman,

The conversation got slightly derailed, but there's been some research done on this. Basically, after ejaculating, you go through roughly an 8-day cycle where you will continually get more horny up until about Day 6, and then you will get really horny through Day 6 and Day 7. However, regardless of whether or not you ejaculate by the end of Day 7, your testerone levels will drop dramatically and then level out until you finally decide to ejaculate later. But that testosterone spike will not come again until you ejaculate.

Here's the image displaying this:

Image

This is exactly what I've noticed myself (and it seems you've somewhat noticed yourself). So what I would do when I was picking up women often was try to have sex within a 7 day period, with Day 6 and Day 7 falling on the weekend when I was most likely to go out to meet women. This would make me incredibly bold because I was incredibly horny :P. But if I didn't bring home a woman by Sunday evening, I would usually masturbate on Sunday evening so that I could reset the cycle for the following weekend. If I didn't masturbate, I could feel my sex drive drop dramatically within the next few days, and I never noticed it recovering after that.

TL;DR: I masturbated once a week on Sunday evening if I didn't get sex with a woman to optimize my testosterone cycle. :)

- Franco
Franco

User avatar

Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3592
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:25 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Lover » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:15 pm

Franco,

If I understand your comment correctly, the average body is not concerned with whether you are ejaculating through sex or masturbation. Ejaculation is ejaculation.

However, I have noticed that I can get incredibely horny in the aftermath of sex (the following 1-3 days) and sometimes need to masturbate afterwards - sometimes like a lot! - to keep my member and body calm. I barely get the same effects from masturbation alone.

But, if I ejaculate from masturbation alone, I feel the testosteron spike usually 3-4 days afterwards.

What is your take on this? A simple exception to the rule, or something else?
Sexting is one of the most stress relieving actions you can ever do. Probably even more if she also sends nudes

Formerly known as Ajay
Lover


Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:02 am
Location: Europe

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Franco » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:09 pm

Ajay,

If I understand your comment correctly, the average body is not concerned with whether you are ejaculating through sex or masturbation. Ejaculation is ejaculation.


Correct.

However, I have noticed that I can get incredibely horny in the aftermath of sex (the following 1-3 days) and sometimes need to masturbate afterwards - sometimes like a lot! - to keep my member and body calm. I barely get the same effects from masturbation alone.

But, if I ejaculate from masturbation alone, I feel the testosteron spike usually 3-4 days afterwards.

What is your take on this? A simple exception to the rule, or something else?


I think there's usually just some variance leading up to Day 6 and Day 7.

After sex or masturbation, I actually find myself more horny again in like 24 hours (so Day 2), but then I seem to level off a bit if I don't masturbate or have sex then... at least until about Day 5, where I start to feel the testosterone levels rise again and I start feeling horny. Although if I don't have sex or masturbate for 5-6 days, I almost always felt that insane arousal around Day 6 and Day 7, which was perfect for timing my "going out sessions," lol.

The hardest part about my particular cycle was not masturbating on Day 5 if I knew I was going to go out on Day 6 or Day 7. Because sometimes I would already be extremely horny!

- Franco
Franco

User avatar

Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3592
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:25 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Cacc » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:19 pm

Franco wrote:you go through roughly an 8-day cycle where you will continually get more horny up until about Day 6, and then you will get really horny through Day 6 and Day 7. However, regardless of whether or not you ejaculate by the end of Day 7, your testerone levels will drop dramatically


Except that's not all that happens... Your t receptors also become more sensitive until i about 14~ days or so. And frequent masturbation decreases the receptors sensitivity and raises estrogen receptors' sensitivity. Meaning you behave less masculine.

https://www.yourbrainonporn.com/men-doe ... e-hangover
You come at the king, you best not miss.
Cacc

User avatar

Space Monkey
Space Monkey
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:24 am

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Phallosopher » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:04 am

I actually have a perspective to share on this that came from an unusually well spoken and thoughtful stripper I met on a train ride across a few states (yes I took her home!).

Anyway, whoever posted the bell curve like thing inspired me to remember this... basically there are three cases:

1. If you're masturbating way too much, like you never let anything build up in there without giving yourself release, you are lowering your testosterone, killing your sex drive, and thus probably won't have that source of motivation (which as we know in here, is probably the strongest of motivational sources).

2. If you're not masturbating at all, testosterone will indeed build up and so will your masculinity and motivation, but then you won't use it. Unused but built up testosterone will eventually cause your brain to signal to your body "hey, there's enough to go around in here, stop making more!" So you'll stop producing testosterone and it's all downhill from there and you'll alternate between tense and hyped up in an uncomfortable way, to drained and depressed until you get back in the game of masturbation or sex.

3. "Just right" - hormones naturally ebb and flow without your help... so you have to find harmony with that ebb and flow, which is a personal thing. Maybe you need to masturbate with a certain frequency, or maybe you get laid enough to account for that frequency of needing release. Maybe not masturbating at all gives you the right situation if you have the techniques from this site to be able to reliably find a girl when you need one to help with the release.

I think the key is really to be observant of the relationship between your mind and body and scientific about figuring out what keeps you motivated (and more importantly, effective) to the right extent as often as possible.

Epilogue:

I did NoFap for quite awhile after sinking into some pretty bad depression years ago, and it was really helpful (sort of situation 1). Later though I found myself in situation 2 as a result, and though various circumstances in my life had improved greatly and had women more interested in me again like the old days, I was more tense in their presence than I had ever been before. Now, I may have found the balance.
Phallosopher


Space Monkey
Space Monkey
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby journeyman » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:56 am

Franco ; quality response, thanks. I haven't read the original research so I assume there is going to be some serious variability between individuals, but I will test it at the current model.

I have experimented with only once per week but somewhat haphazardly and never timed it to peak during the weekend. The next month I will experiment with once per week on Sunday so that it will peak next Sat-Sunday and test the results.
journeyman


Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:22 am

Re: Regarding NoFap and motivation

Postby Virgin101 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:25 pm

Franco wrote:journeyman,

The conversation got slightly derailed, but there's been some research done on this. Basically, after ejaculating, you go through roughly an 8-day cycle where you will continually get more horny up until about Day 6, and then you will get really horny through Day 6 and Day 7. However, regardless of whether or not you ejaculate by the end of Day 7, your testerone levels will drop dramatically and then level out until you finally decide to ejaculate later. But that testosterone spike will not come again until you ejaculate.

Here's the image displaying this:

Image

This is exactly what I've noticed myself (and it seems you've somewhat noticed yourself). So what I would do when I was picking up women often was try to have sex within a 7 day period, with Day 6 and Day 7 falling on the weekend when I was most likely to go out to meet women. This would make me incredibly bold because I was incredibly horny :P. But if I didn't bring home a woman by Sunday evening, I would usually masturbate on Sunday evening so that I could reset the cycle for the following weekend. If I didn't masturbate, I could feel my sex drive drop dramatically within the next few days, and I never noticed it recovering after that.

TL;DR: I masturbated once a week on Sunday evening if I didn't get sex with a woman to optimize my testosterone cycle. :)

- Franco

Hi Franco,

Curious if anyone has any thoughts as to whether doing this (waiting 7 days) may be beneficial to one's health in the long run. After all it means that your body, on average, will be exposed to higher levels of testosterone.

I can only presume that it must be! Just in the same way that keeping other thing in balance in one's life also has its rewards.
Virgin101


Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:48 am


Return to Sex

AVAILABLE PROGRAMS

girls chase programs eBook Video Mastery Package Phone Coaching w/ Cody Lyans Email Coaching w/ Cody Lyans

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest