HPV Throat Cancer Discussion and Questions

Drck

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Is there any specific reason why are you asking about HPV throat cancer?

HPV is a virus, the current vaccines were developed to treat genital cancers, and as such they may be effective in prevention. Or may not, at this time there is not enough studies.

For Individuals with healthy immune system there is no reason to worry much about HPV throat cancer, and if there is any problem such as long lasting ulcers, don't look for the answers online but go see a physician. HPV may stay in the system for some time, but it doesn't meant that the cancer will develop. Waiting for it to happen is silly, it's like waiting for a car hit you while crossing a street. It may happen, but what is the likelihood that it will?

At the same time, sleeping with lots of girls increases the chances of getting any STDs, I'm surprised there is not much discussion about STDs here on GC...

mb1

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
This topic can be frustrating since it's tough to find enough good info online. I read as much as possible (and much conflicting info too) and didn't get enough answers until visiting a clinic just to chat (and piss in a cup). I highly advise you go in seeking answers there above all else. Doctors working in clinics can be pretty sex positive and want to help young people like us who are not schooled on this. My most convenient clinic is focused more for real young teen girls on the pill and they asked me to go elsewhere until this trip. Ask to speak specifically with someone who knows about HPV. Luckily this clinic had a grey haired lady who specializes in it and has read every piece of research. I sat with her for literally over half hour just asking questions about risk in open relationships and she said no one in the city is more educated than me now lol and to come back any time - so don't worry about being completely open (with the doctors and the girls!)

First thing to remember is if you've had sex with a few partners, you most likely already have a strain like most sexually active people. HPV is a group of things - all different. Only some cause cancer. So I was doing a girl in a public washroom from behind. She'd had an abnormal pap smear. We basically just assume we're HPV positive. So it slips in her ass and she freaks out thinking the infection can be locally transmitted from vagina to the anus. This is sort of wrong and applies to the throat too.

Basically, she said research is saying strains are tissue specific, so the one affecting the cervix isn't going to attack anal tissue necessarily. Plus, it's throughout the whole body so if I understood her correctly, if I had the anal attacking kind and fucked a girl in the vagina, it may still attack her anal tissue. So this would mean the HPV we most likely all have is a different strain from the throat cancer one - meaning go ahead and suck that clit cause it's wayyy less likely. HPV is very common but she's pretty old and had only seen it once.

Still, please don't take second hand info from the web. Every doctor in any std clinic even if not an HPV expert will likely know all the basics that are online without any of the wrong info that can sound right.

Here's more second hand info you may want to confirm. For girls who are freaking out in your presence - cervical cancer has a 100% cure rate if properly caught and lasered, often by the second treatment. If the girl has one partner, she will get rid of it. However, I do know of a girl who has had countless laser treatments because she keeps on sleeping with new guys constantly and perhaps picking up multiple strains. Lasering does not hurt and is a discomfort similar to her period because the cervix apparently has no pain receptors. Not sure how cost differs in countries. Pretty sure Canada covers it at least.

Anyways, the expert says wear a condom but it doesn't really help cause you'll get it within ten times fucking or something like that anyways. She said basically do not worry about much as a guy, but get vaccinated if possible and definitely recommend that the girls we're seeing do it too. Just announced if anyone is in Quebec (I'm not) the government is giving the vaccine to men under 26 or something like that who are gay or bi (increased anal risk). So if you are cool with an easy white lie, anyone reading this from there should go get it, as it's expensive and apparently one of the safest vaccines there is.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Fox-

Thing to keep in mind about HPV is there are about 100 different strains, and many aren't thoroughly understood (particularly the ones that are less common in the United States and Western Europe - there are some strains that are more common on other continents, however).

The vaccines protect against a handful of the highest risk strains - one of the vaccines protects against more strains than the other (forget the name of the vaccine offhand).

There doesn't seem to be much clear research on spreading/cancer in other parts of the body. Remember, they just figured out that HPV causes cancer, what, a decade ago? Until quite recently, cancer was believed to be something that happened spontaneously in the body or that was the cause of environmental toxins / pollution / tainted foods or products. Disease wasn't seriously investigated as a risk factor. There's a theory now, that I personally find really exciting, that cancer is simply a sign of a poor environment inside the body. This would certainly make sense with HPV, where high risk strains cause tissue damage in the parts they infect, disrupting the health of that part of the body.

MB1-

Different strains can have different effects on different areas body, but can often affect multiple tissue types. e.g., HPV 52 I think it is (or somewhere around there) is considered "probably high risk" for women getting cervical cancer, yet can also lead to anal legions if she gets infected with it in/around her anus.

HPV can migrate in the body, particularly between the vagina and the anus... possibly(?) due to wiping (women wipe front to back to avoid getting urinary tract infections). It can also survive on the hands for a while, and probably infects other mucous membranes, like the eyes, which means you probably don't want to go rubbing your eyes after sex until you've washed your hands, just in case.

Chase

mb1

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Goddammit Chase. Gonna have to start wearing rubber gloves like Tyler Durden during sex in Fight Club... Can't listen to the B-52's Love Shack the same anymore either knowing that number lol

Anyways, cool point with that cancer link. It's easy to forget disease literally means out of balance. Back to nutritiondata.com...

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Oh, also, just noticed this one, MB:

mb1 said:
Some new info to consider on the HPV vaccine.

http://www.westonaprice.org/press/offic ... v-vaccine/

Be real careful with anything that remotely sounds like "anti-vaxxer." The entire movement's based on a retracted scientific study and has lived on as Internet urban legend, analogous to Morgellons disease. Easy to get misled when you go down some of these rabbit holes.

Anyway, yeah, HPV sucks. If you can get the vaccine I'd recommend it, but even if you do, still be aware there are high risk strains that aren't covered by these, and probably some that haven't even been properly identified.

On the other hand, there's a lot of good news coming from cancer treatment researchers these days, particularly since cancer research has switched from trying to treat cancer by bombarding the body with crap like chemotherapy and transitioned toward the far more elegant (not to mention targeted) solution of using various viruses (including HIV) to reprogram the body's own T-cells to attack cancer, which has been showing lots of promising results across myriad labs for combating all manner of different forms of cancer (and effectively curing many people, not just sending them into partial remission). So, cancer may only be a scourge a little while longer.

Chase

mb1

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Thanks Chase! Based on a retracted study huh? Gonna have to keep the reading to strict science rather than skimming work of the 'followers'. Weston Price might have something to say if he were still alive, much like Jesus might have been shocked seeing nuns pull the strap out.

The new cancer research sounds interesting indeed. Pretty sure Vice Media did a segment on the state of things. Haven't watched it, but here's hoping we see something tangible for the public soon.

>