Calls & Texts  What if she doesn't pick up?

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey gents,

I'm sure you've all experienced this at one time or another: you make the first phone call to a girl, and she doesn't answer. What an anticlimax.

Things are so much simpler if she's there when you call and you launch more or less directly into that delightful initial courtship-oriented conversation, but it doesn't always work out that way. She may be in a meeting, or in the shower, or just not feel like talking right now.

So I'm interested to learn about your policy. Do you:

• (a) Leave a warm voice mail and say you'll call back?
    (b) Leave a warm voice mail and ask her to call back?
    (c) Hang up and immediately text her to ask what a better time to reach her might be?
    (d) Leave no voice mail or text, but just call again later? (How soon?)
    (e) Do something else?
Generally these days I ask during the approach when the best time to call usually is, but sometimes I forget, and sometimes I don't get through all the same.

I'm assuming throughout that you're following standard Girls Chase routine and sending an icebreaker text message a day or two beforehand (tip #10 in the linked article) so that she knows it's you calling. I certainly always do this.

I've tried all of the above at various times, but I'm unclear on what is most effective—I'd be extremely curious to get your input.

-Marty

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Marty,

Marty said:
Hey gents,

I'm sure you've all experienced this at one time or another: you make the first phone call to a girl, and she doesn't answer. What an anticlimax.

Things are so much simpler if she's there when you call and you launch more or less directly into that delightful initial courtship-oriented conversation, but it doesn't always work out that way. She may be in a meeting, or in the shower, or just not feel like talking right now.

So I'm interested to learn about your policy. Do you:

(a) Leave a warm voice mail and say you'll call back?
(b) Leave a warm voice mail and ask her to call back?
(c) Hang up and immediately text her to ask what a better time to reach her might be?
(d) Leave no voice mail or text, but just call again later? (How soon?)
(e) Do something else?
Generally these days I ask during the approach when the best time to call usually is, but sometimes I forget, and sometimes I don't get through all the same.

I'm assuming throughout that you're following standard Girls Chase routine and sending an icebreaker text message a day or two beforehand (tip #10 in the linked article) so that she knows it's you calling. I certainly always do this.

I've tried all of the above at various times, but I'm unclear on what is most effective—I'd be extremely curious to get your input.

Answer is D. Call her some other time, and never text again (unless she's in a meeting or you meeting her for a date).

Reasons:

1)Because some girls are nervous. IT's crazy but i have had girls that just blur and out of words. Waiting for you to finish the conversation while she just blank, sometimes laugh. Sometimes she might play hard to get.

2)IF you text her again after a call (even after a few hours), She almost always (unless she's in a meeting or you meeting her for a date) will never respond back. IT's like "going backwards" (my experience, Refer to Chase article on "Not Going Backwards", SOmehow it works like this too).

Zac

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
ZacAdam said:
2)IF you text her again after a call (even after a few hours), She almost always (unless she's in a meeting or you meeting her for a date) will never respond back. IT's like "going backwards" (my experience, Refer to Chase article on "Not Going Backwards", SOmehow it works like this too).
Good point, Zac, a really smart observation here. Let me play with this a bit more and see where I get. These days I have material to work with, fortunately :)

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Marty,

Marty said:
These days I have material to work with, fortunately :)

Eh, someone getting more experience eh? :) Keep the momentum.

Zac

Drck

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Girls don't answer the phones or texts for reason.

She meets this great guy, there are these great vibes and talks, he is exciting, and he gets her phone number.

Scenario 1: He texts her, she text back several times. He gets all excited, he wants to text hours and hours, texting about different stuff, entertaining. All of the sudden she "drops" him, stop responding for hours, or doesn't text back at all. What does he do? He gets all nervous, starts panicking. Why isn't she texting back? Did I say something wrong? He gets anxious. Why doesn't she like him if there were such a great vibes? He is analyzing and thinking, thinking and analyzing - while she is patiently waiting. Now he is done analyzing, he starts texting her and calling her, apologizing, being sorry, asking and begging her to call or text back... He also sends her emails, calls her at work, and ask about her all her fiends... And she? She reads not his texts but his personality: He is insecure, she knows he feels miserable about himself because she doesn't answer him. She knows that he has no abundance mentality because he is too uptight with her, he is too clingy, shy and inexperienced, he has nothing else to do in his life than texting... This guy is Nice Guy, he is exactly the same like most of the guys she knows, like most of her boring friends who just want to talk and talk, and then talk some more...

Scenario 2: He texts her briefly suggesting date right away. She is hesitant... He texts one more time and that is it, he drops her, no more texts. So she texts back but he doesn't really have time for texting, all he wants again is date, see her face to face. Is Tuesday or Wednesday good for her? There are no other days available. Now she gets nervous, this great guy really seem to like her but he refuses to decrease the tension between both of them by texting and talking via phone. She either has to go for a date or she will never see him again, never hear from him again. She reads not his texts but his personality: This guy is for real, he doesn't fuck around with phones, he wants actions only. This guy feels good about himself, he is dominant and leading, he probably has more girls that he is inviting out (how do I know if he doesn't text back and doesn't spill all he knows? I need to find out!), he is not too uptight about loosing her, he simply walks away from her with no regrets. He has other things to do instead of texting girls. He knows what he wants - her - and he goes directly for it, he doesn't want to talk much but he is really interested in doing many other "stuff". How many other guys she knows like that? Can she really afford to lose him...??

>