Calls & Texts  How to train yourself to not expect a text?

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey everyone, skipping a big prelude to this post I'll jump to the point. With girls I'm interested in, when I text them, I check my phone like every 5-10 minutes to see if I've gotten a text, obviously when one isn't there it seems like a big bummer, can I train myself to not expect a text? I know the answer is yes, but what's the best way to approach this?

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Zphix,

The best way is to learn to keep yourself busy. If you find yourself checking your phone a lot after a text, then one thing you can do is tell yourself that you won't send a text until you are just about to do something that is going to keep you busy and prevent you from checking your phone.

For example, you can send a text right before you go to the grocery store, then leave your phone at home, do your shopping, then come back and check it. If you're going for fast food, send your text, leave your phone at home, go eat, then come back and check it.

If you do this enough times, eventually you'll re-train your mind to not check your phone so much that you'll forget that you even sent out a few texts to girls! In general, I've found that I've been a lot more comfortable when I've learned to stop checking my phone so much because you'll often find that some girls just take hours to respond anyway. You might as well be doing something productive and not thinking about it in the meantime. ;)

- Franco

>