Calls & Texts  Balancing text between dates - keeping up rapport

silenceinthesnow

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I got a number a while back and set up a date with her, she ended up cancelling the date and eventually stopped texting when trying to rearrange. I studied the text messages and noticed I arranged a date within 3 texts, text very little after and assumed she cancelled because I didn't build up enough rapport. I ended up being out in the same club the other week and got a tap on my shoulder. It was the same girl, apologizing for not messaging back and saying she was still interested. *I wasn't buying it but still can't figure out why else she would talk to me, ignoring me seemed to work fine for her?* We ended up hanging out together that night and she text me the next day.

Determined not to make the same mistake I took things slower and text more to build rapport, this seemed to do the trick and we went out for a couple of dates. At this point I felt like we were texting a little to much between dates and risking becoming text buddies so decided to reduce my texts. She ended up cancelling the next date after that, she might have legitimately had to work over time but I felt it was coincidental? It seems as soon as I don't text as often I instantly lose rapport and she thinks I'm only interested in the date. I am only interested in meeting her, I don't need a text buddy! and I also suck at texting!

Any ideas how to strike a perfect balance?

Thanks guys

SilenceintheSnow

>