Calls & Texts  Asked a girl to hangout and now she's ghosting

Dontfuckup

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey all,
Some background: about a month and a half ago I met a cute girl and talked for about two mins. She seemed nervous around me so I thought she was attracted, couldn't be sure though since it was so brief. A month later (two weeks ago) I found her on social media and said she seemed like someone I'd get to know, would you like to hangout sometime etc. She replied "oh yeah for sure" and said we could hangout in a couple weeks (now) after she was done with some work she was busy with, so I confirmed "two weekends from now? just since these things don't usually happen if you don't have an idea of the date" to which she said "that should work". Then I said "ok I'll text u again in 2 weeks to plan it", which she oddly didn't reply to. Fast forward to two weeks later (two days ago), I text her again asking if we're still down for the weekend, she doesn't reply for a day, the next day I ask "do you still feel like hanging out? Are you free soon?" Then…she ghosts. She saw the messages but no answer. Keep in mind we had not seen each other irl at all in between texts, so I don't see much of an opportunity to lose attraction from her. Recalling Chase's article about throwing the ball in her court, I tell her, "ok, I've already said I'd be interested in hanging out, I'll leave it up to you from now on, would love to hear from you again, otherwise good luck w/ everything" etc. She never reads that one. Very strange to me that a girl would say yes the first time, then ghost later. I'm sure it's obvious I wasn't trying to meet her as friends only as I went a bit out of my way after a long time just to ask her to hangout—not sure if it was a test to see if I'm REALLY interested in meeting her or what (I really have no idea). Can someone please help me understand what's going on?

lostnumber

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hi dontfuckup,

This kind of thing happens all of the time. Likely this girl wasn't super into you and didn't want to deal with the conflict of outright rejecting you. At first she kicked the bucket way down the road (I'm busy the next two weeks) then when you tried to follow up she ignored you hoping you will go away.

One tip is that approaching a girl on social media is almost never going to end well. Unless you are some type of male model instagram God tracking down a girl on social media and asking her out is likely to come off as a weak approach at best and creepy/uncalibrated more likely than not.

Another tip would be to move things faster. You say you met her a month and a half ago, and you are trying to get a date set up a month later for two weeks out? My guess is this girl was not attracted to you in the first place based on her behavior, but even if she was, taking this long to do anything about it can be a deathblow. In a perfect world you should be getting a girl's number and scheduling a date for the very next day, or as close to that as schedules will allow.

I would close the book on this girl and move on to the

Hope that helps!

>