Online & Apps  Help with making my profile better

jeff_64

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey all. So after reading a lot of Chase's stuff I have worked on my profile a bit to try and get it more presentable. I wanted to know if anyone had any feedback for improvements? It can be about literally anything, pics, bio, whatever. I feel like my replies have went up some but still aren't great. Thanks!

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=57386773

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Can you make it so you can view it without having to sign up?

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Link works

Feedback: I don't really like your pictures. The band one works but the other two need replacing.

The outfit you're wearing is fine in the first one but the picture itself is kinda boring. You're just standing there in a house and it doesn't convey anything. The pose is bad, looks like you're shrinking into yourself and have no confidence. In the thumbnail of that first picture I can see that your shoulders are back and do look alright but the pockets and the arms ruin the whole thing in my opinion. Also the face is just.... nothing wrong with your face, but in that photo it's just bad. You're looking directly at the camera like you don't want to be there, like you hate having your photo taken and that you look either high or like you're about to die.

The second one, the black and white one shows even less.

I'm not trying to be mean, but definitely scrap both of those shots.

The band one I do like because it shows some of who you actually are. Keep it, but don't make it your first photo.

Take the first outfit and go outside, just being outside will help you out a little bit, even with the exact same pose it would look better. Even better if you can get a snap of you at like a concert or doing something that you just enjoy doing.

What would being in a relationship with you be like? Remember that girls want to jump into your already awesome life. What's that life like? You show only one thing on here.

When it comes to photos: think big, think exciting, think energy, think LIFE!

To help; what do you like to do? Where do you work? What would be amazing about being in a relationship with you? What kind of fun things could you do with someone? What kind of fun things have you done? What kind of adventures have you been on? SHOW ME SOME LIFE!

Once you can answer those questions in an appealing way, photo-wise, learn what it takes to take a great photo or just get a photographer to do it for you. If you can't or don't want to it's not that big of a deal but you will see a massive difference if you do go that route.

But you can see success with crappy cell phone pictures, I did. But it could have been double or triple times better with a real camera/photographer is what I'm saying here.

As for interests, I've never seen any difference in results with using them or not using them. So no comment there.

The second paragraph of your About Me works. Well, part of it does anyways. It says that you like to seek out adventure and yet your only picture of you doing anything is playing the drums. The other two depict you as a homebody. So there's an issue of congruence there.

On the 'What am I using POF to find?' part: capitalize the 'a' that follows. Women rate hard on that stuff. I understand that it's kind of a running sentence with the question mark but if that's the case then put quotes around it for proper grammar. But then it looks like you put too much effort into it which looks try-hard, so just end the sentence there and capitalize the next part.

"Passion in her heart and conversation in her mind" is good, I like it but take issue with the adventurer part only because your pictures show no adventure in your life. Women want to join your life, not lift yours up.

Lol I like the first date part, keep it. It's funny, it's cute, I like it.

As for the first paragraph in your About Me. Nothing about it is good. I get that you're trying to give a reason about why you're using POF, and that can actually work. But it sounds sad the way that you're talking about it. Find another way to phrase the break up, like ready to mingle again. Life has calmed down or something. Make sure it's original because then it'll be true. Scrap the social circle stuff. Women don't want to hand over their hard fought social circle to someone that doesn't have one. Don't talk about rebuilding your social circle, makes it sound like your last girlfriend was your entire life and now you don't have one. Very bad.

In you profile you mention being very ambitious. Yet you don't talk about any of your ambitions. Why not? Are you lying? This is something that will go through a woman's head. Address it. Women love ambitious men, so talk about what you're ambitious about, what are your dreams? What are you working on? What puts a fire in your belly?

So you have some good points, just need to expand on them. You have a lot of mentions of being an adventurer yet I see boring pictures. Fix that and you'll be 85% better (yes I'm pulling this number out of thin air). What a lot of your profile comes down to is really just fixing the congruence between what you say you are/want and what you're showing people.

Also the headline is boring.

Headlines are weird, headlines to me are one of those things that can't help you but they can certainly hurt you. Say something interesting, put a cliffhanger in there or put a joke. But definitely put something else in there.

Good luck!

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I rep everything RT said, I'd just add that if you have a friend who has a DSLR, it's literally just point-and-shoot and you look 10x times better already.

Second recommendation is to look at males Instagram models you like and mimic their poses. Or maybe even your own if you have one, see which kind of picture has the most amount of likes, etc and tweak it.

lostnumber

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
The best advice I can give for writing a profile is "show, dont tell." Do you love travel? Dont say "I lovs travel" in your profile, because everyone says that and its lame. SHOW it through a description or through your pictures, or both.

I think your facial expression is fine in your maint photo but your posture is very poor, you are making your self look small and shrunk in.

jeff_64

Space Monkey
space monkey
Really great feedback everyone! The no sugarcoating is what I want that way I can get it towards being the best it can be. I'm gonna work on implementing these. I actually have a DSLR myself so I'll use that for new photos.

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
jeff_64 said:
Really great feedback everyone! The no sugarcoating is what I want that way I can get it towards being the best it can be. I'm gonna work on implementing these. I actually have a DSLR myself so I'll use that for new photos.

Hey buddy! How're the changes coming along?

>