Online & Apps  Rate Your Photos/Pics via a Trained Neural Network

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
If you want a quick and dirty way to see if your pics are any good, run them through this app:

https://everypixel.com/aesthetics

It's a neural network that's been trained with tens of thousands (might be hundreds of thousands at this point) of pictures to learn what pictures are good, what pictures aren't, etc. Pretty fascinating piece of tech. And it's scarily reliable at sorting good pics from bad.

If we look at pics of me used on this site, here are how some of mine rank:

chase-everypixel-ratings.jpg

If you're serious about getting the best quality pics possible, my suggestion would be to keep taking pics, keep running them through Every Pixel, and don't stop until you have 3 to 5 pictures in the 99%+ range. Anything over 85% seems to be solid, over 93% seems to be good, over 97% seems to be really good, and maybe 99.5%+ is basically legendary tier.

The fact that I've got a couple here over 85% is pretty good for me, as I'm somewhat famously unphotogenic. If even I can do it, you can definitely do it (though if you're new to pictures / not that experienced with them yet, it may take some playing around to do).

If you're worried about looks, playing around with your pics on Every Pixel may help give you a different perspective, too. For starters, follow the guidelines on picture taking I have laid out in this article:

How to Meet Tons of Girls on Plenty of Fish

Colt also talks about pictures in prelaunch video 1 for his Tinder program:

Tinder Video 1: Pictures and Openers

... and there are screencasts with example picture selections as well as a big fashion guide from Darius Belejevas on upping picture quality in the actual course.

A few quick offhand tips if you just want to get started:

• Be looking away from the camera
  • Use a sepia filter, washed out / faded out colors, or black and white
  • Serious usually beats smiling

But yeah, Every Pixel is great. I've found it pretty dead-on with the pics I've tested. Just an all around fun thing to play around with, too.

Chase

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
This is a pretty cool share here.

I was surprised the pictures I'm using for my online profile right now didn't pan out to hot with the tool (uh oh).

When I clicked the help button on the site I was referred to this information:

Surprised by the result? This service doesn't measure the coolness or beauty of a person or any object in a photo. It cares only about technical parts like brightness, contrast, noise and so on. Service doesn't dedicate for historical photos, illustrations or 3D visualizations.

So basically it just looks at the quality of the photo and I don't think how photogenic the individual is.

If you look at Chase's photo's you can see that the last photo is the best quality (and probably best shot photogenically as well) which I'm guessing is why the rating was so high.

Unless I missed something I just wanted to add that caveat. Still a sweet tool to figure out how good your pics actually are from a technical standpoint.

-Rob

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Mr.Rob said:
This is a pretty cool share here.

I was surprised the pictures I'm using for my online profile right now didn't pan out to hot with the tool (uh oh).

When I clicked the help button on the site I was referred to this information:

Surprised by the result? This service doesn't measure the coolness or beauty of a person or any object in a photo. It cares only about technical parts like brightness, contrast, noise and so on. Service doesn't dedicate for historical photos, illustrations or 3D visualizations.

So basically it just looks at the quality of the photo and I don't think how photogenic the individual is.

If you look at Chase's photo's you can see that the last photo is the best quality (and probably best shot photogenically as well) which I'm guessing is why the rating was so high.

Unless I missed something I just wanted to add that caveat. Still a sweet tool to figure out how good your pics actually are from a technical standpoint.

-Rob

That's what I'm wondering about though, because I tested a few photos as well and the results were... interesting...

A pre-adjustment photo (so before doing any kind of brightness/color adjustments) on my iPhone got an 86% but that same photo after brightening it a little bit got like a .06 or something. In addition, I disagree with which photo of Chase is the best. I think his face looks a little blurry in the last photo. Sure there's a little additional noise in the second one, but his face is blurry in the third lol.

Also, my best photo was one where my face was a little blurry in (ninety something).... oddly enough...

I think it's a cool enough idea, but I don't think that I would put a whole lotta stock into it. Using some photos from back when I could do online game my better photos got 0% while ones that I know for a fact tanked pretty hard after experimenting with them would get better ratings.

I like that it does say it's in Beta though. Needs more work in my opinion

Wick

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Just uploaded a really cool and high quality image of this gorgeous bikini girl on a gorgeous beach pouring water into her mouth gatorade commercial style. Definitely an awesome picture. She got 1.6%

I uploaded a decent picture of myself. I got 0.2%

lmao.

Rakkum

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Here is how some of my photos score on Photofeeler vs EveryPixel:

https://imgur.com/a/UOHR2ld

As you can see, in some cases, there is a huge difference. I'm inclined to go with Photofeeler, though. Your thoughts?

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Rakkum,

Have not test it in awhile. Online dating is annoying unless you have a system, and then it is a numbers game. For me, it's not worth worrying about too much, though i take it seriously too.

1)i have responses but flaky and fleeting
2)Girls i meet offline are more good looking, better and more presentable.

I don't know. Everything is advertising. Motherfucker.

Zac

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
i do photography on the side. the reason you're unphotogenic is becaus you look so damn uncomfortable. let go of identifying with being unphotogenic. you are an attractive guy. try to relax and be comfortable in your skin when being photographed. it's not uncommon for people to get in their head about their pics. i suggest you work with a photographer who is good with body language and also take up yoga.

the one that is 51.6 is rated as such because straight on head shots are unflattering. however, looking past the unflattering nature, it's actually the picture that to a trained eye, i can tell you are attractive. let go of this idea that you don't photograph well. there's a point in photography that is similar to the indifference threshold in cold approach. if you spend all day shooting with a photographer by the end of the day you'll just be like fuck it and relax. i would get a camera and practice photography and go out with like minded friends and take pictures of each other for 3-4 hours maybe 4 or 5 times. by the end of the experience you will never feel unphotogenic again. i used to be the same way. the truth is you don't have to be unphotogenic. everyone has the ability to look better in pictures.

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
ZacAdam said:
Wait, you talking to me or who

:/

to chase. i know it seems weird to offer advice to the owner of the site. but his pics are shit. i'm guessing he just doesn't do online game.

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
and is that rsd sarah in the last pic? i actually don't really think so but it looks like a silverlake/williamsburg version of her.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Nm,

Photos sucks but results matter. My photo is great = Results like shit.

My Facebook dating photos are nothing special. :)

Zac

>