Online & Apps  Need Tinder pics feedback

jackoftades819

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
http://imgur.com/a/u1xMo
Okay so I made another post a month ago asking for feedback on my Tinder profile pictures but I don't think I did the link correctly. Pretty sure this one works though. Anyway, I've had an account for over a year now and barely have any results so any critique would be appreciated. The guitar one is currently my main one.

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
JoT819,

I think the guitar pic and the last pic of you look good, but I think the friends/family pic should be changed (for possibly another friends pic -- maybe one where you're well-dressed and standing up?) and the professional pic of you smiling should be removed.

I'd say the problem with the professional picture of you is that you look too "nice" there, with a general smile that is facing directly toward the camera. If you have an alternate professional picture where you're maybe looking away from the camera (preferably somewhat downward and to the side) and you have either a very small grin (think of Daniel Craig "smirking" in recent James Bond movies) or a more serious face, that would probably be helpful.

Keep in mind what you wear is always important, too. Always post pictures where you're at least fashionably dressed well!

EDIT: Maybe look into getting a leather jacket or something that contrasts very well. By nature, it seems like you have a very "nice guy" look about you, and a leather jacket will add some flare and "rebellious" look to your overall vibe.

- Franco

jackoftades819

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Thanks Franco! I appreciate it! Do you have any personal recommendations for a leather jacket? College leaves me kind of isolated and broke so is there something inexpensive I could get from Amazon or something?

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I would take a look around Amazon and see what you can find! I generally shop for most of my clothes on Amazon these days as well, except for things like jeans where I absolutely need to try them on first to see if they fit. Jackets likely have a bit more wiggle room to them, and if you have Amazon Prime, you can always return it for free. =)

- Franco

Skippy

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I'd also recommend checking out this website: photofeeler.com to test photos.

People rate your pictures using three metrics (attractiveness, trustworthiness, and smartness) and for each category they can rate them as no, somewhat, yes, or very. Then the site uses these results to give you a percentile so you know how the photos compare to other guys'. They also let people post comments for each photo. It'll help give you insight into how your photos are coming across.

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
jackoftades819 said:
Thanks Franco! I appreciate it! Do you have any personal recommendations for a leather jacket? College leaves me kind of isolated and broke so is there something inexpensive I could get from Amazon or something?

Waaaay late but hopefully not too late: wilson's leather has some alright jackets (and they're nearly always running sales that bring the jacket I bought from 200 to 60 dollars).

In addition, I agree with Franco in that your vibe is a little too nice. And same goes for the pictures. The first one is way into nice guy mode. And the second picture almost seems like a girl pose to me.

The guitar picture I like so definitely keep it. Buuuuut you're wearing the same shirt in your fourth picture.

Your fourth picture isn't terrible but it's not great either. When doing a portrait/headshot you need to stick your chin out a little bit more to accentuate your jawline. Peter Hurley has some awesome videos about headshots and you should definitely watch them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe3oJnFtA_k

There's the jaw video to help ya get started.

In addition, what other kinds of things do you like to do? Because you'll need a better variety of pictures.

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Franco said:
JoT819,

I think the guitar pic and the last pic of you look good, but I think the friends/family pic should be changed (for possibly another friends pic -- maybe one where you're well-dressed and standing up?) and the professional pic of you smiling should be removed.

I'd say the problem with the professional picture of you is that you look too "nice" there, with a general smile that is facing directly toward the camera. If you have an alternate professional picture where you're maybe looking away from the camera (preferably somewhat downward and to the side) and you have either a very small grin (think of Daniel Craig "smirking" in recent James Bond movies) or a more serious face, that would probably be helpful.

Keep in mind what you wear is always important, too. Always post pictures where you're at least fashionably dressed well!

EDIT: Maybe look into getting a leather jacket or something that contrasts very well. By nature, it seems like you have a very "nice guy" look about you, and a leather jacket will add some flare and "rebellious" look to your overall vibe.

- Franco

i actually agree fully. what he is talking about with the leather jacket is what swinggcat referred to as apposition of opposites. that is something that clearly contradicts you. and yea the last two pics are good. the first two pics are fucking shit man.

you should have one pic at most looking at the camera. your pics should look candid in nature. try to stage them.

>