Socializing  How to interact when re-engaging an old date?

silenceinthesnow

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
An issue I have started to run into more frequently is bumping in to a date after losing touch and having to re-engage. Usually how to interact would change depending on your last interaction to which lately my stumbling block is texting and after a couple dates and a few more texts I don't get a reply but they're very happy coming up to me in person and start talking after I've ignored them for a while that night. Surely there's less pressure on them to text back than to talk to me in person risking that rejection? I digress.

I'm unsure how to re-engage? Usually I assume attraction because they've instigated the conversation showing investment, however keep aloof for a while before running the escalation ladder to see if they're still on the same page before getting physical. I run the ladder slower as negative reinforcement to not encourage 'bad behavior' but to still show I'm a sexual guy who likes to touch and try and get something from the interaction.

The issue with this is I'm not moving faster with them the second time round and I'm not being overtly sexy/dominant/beast like because of the shaky foundation of the meet up. I was thinking should I jump back in to where we left of and get physical faster? Or slow it down further to show that I don't accept that behavior and I want more investment before I'll engage with them? Slowing it down would provide the potential of the no touch pick up, but I feel as if we're two strangers and I'm not showing any interest in them when I'm aloof and not touching them at all. Any thoughts guys?

SilenceintheSnow

>