Socializing  Editing your Social Cirlce

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
There comes a time when you must let people go. Maybe you've grown apart and no longer share the same interests or maybe things you've used to think were funny now seem crude and unusual. In your quest in becoming a very sexy, powerful, social suave man, you need to surround yourself with people like that to become more like that. Otherwise, people will just weigh you down, and you'll be stuck.

For instance, one of my college friends likes to smoke marijuana all the time, I'm a singer and runner. I need my lungs it doesn't mean I don't like him, I just don't need to be around that atmosphere. "How can two walk together and not agree on the direction they walk upon?" Amos. That's what being a man essentially comes down to, are you going to let someone stand in the way of your goal? Because eventually, they're going to weigh you down and you'll resent them for holding you back from your goals. DO NOT LET PEOPLE DISTRACT YOU!

This is a forum dedicated to learning how to get better with women. When I first started honing my skills a lot of my friends thought it was manipulative and childish. That's why they're still single and bitter and I'm taken and striving.

A wise man once told me, "Be the master of your own destiny."

People are everywhere go somewhere to find people who fit your interests. I go swimming to meet swimmers, open mics to meet musicians, Barnes and Nobles to meet readers, choose the places you want to go to and go forth!

Disclaimer: Do not burn bridges and completely ban people from your life. If they ask just say your pursuing your interests. Now if the person is completely harmful to your life and puts in deadly ordeals than yes get away from them. When you spread your interests you make new room for people who can help upgrade your life.

In the words of my older brother, "Keep it pushing!"

Just Dave

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hi Dave,

I just wanted to comment on one part of your post:

Disclaimer: Do not burn bridges and completely ban people from your life.

I think this is extremely important for two reasons:

1) Burning bridges is almost never necessary. Even when you don't talk to someone anymore, there's no reason to tell them "it's over" (unless they are negatively affecting important aspects of your life like you mentioned). There is a chance that just being friendly with that person and maintaining an open connection can pan out later... believe me, I have had this motto for a long time, and it's definitely paid its dividends.

2) Burning bridges contributes to bitterness, which is something you should avoid like the PLAGUE. Train your mind to always be strong and humble. It will improve every aspect of your life.

- Franco

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Franco said:
Hi Dave,

I just wanted to comment on one part of your post:

Disclaimer: Do not burn bridges and completely ban people from your life.

I think this is extremely important for two reasons:

1) Burning bridges is almost never necessary. Even when you don't talk to someone anymore, there's no reason to tell them "it's over" (unless they are negatively affecting important aspects of your life like you mentioned). There is a chance that just being friendly with that person and maintaining an open connection can pan out later... believe me, I have had this motto for a long time, and it's definitely paid its dividends.

2) Burning bridges contributes to bitterness, which is something you should avoid like the PLAGUE. Train your mind to always be strong and humble. It will improve every aspect of your life.

- Franco

Hey Franco,

Thanks for the comment and input, its very appreciated.

Dave

DigitalStef

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yah I've learned that it is also important to build a diverse outer social circle too. That way you can make yourself more value-able to know, because you know a lot of people from different walks of life. Additionally you get used to different groups of people. For example this last semester at my college i got heavily immersed into two groups I have never been in before: those being black culture and gym culture. I live near St. Louis so there is a great black culture around here and I am white so i am used to seeing it from the outside. But i started to interact with dorm-mates and their friend and have been integrated into their social circle. (I've been told that I am a honorary black person once or twice.)

But getting back on topic, you don't have to be super close to those in our outer social circle or those in your circle who have both positive or negative effects on you. You just need to have a greatly positive impression and make them feel that you are close to them because you practice becoming a great listener. (I love listening to people, but i still talk a little to much.)

I do agree with the importance of your close social circle being the ones who are most like who you want to be, which is why i am trying to find people like how i want to be. (Already found one, working on more!)

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
DigitalStef said:
Yah I've learned that it is also important to build a diverse outer social circle too. That way you can make yourself more value-able to know, because you know a lot of people from different walks of life. Additionally you get used to different groups of people. For example this last semester at my college i got heavily immersed into two groups I have never been in before: those being black culture and gym culture. I live near St. Louis so there is a great black culture around here and I am white so i am used to seeing it from the outside. But i started to interact with dorm-mates and their friend and have been integrated into their social circle. (I've been told that I am a honorary black person once or twice.)

But getting back on topic, you don't have to be super close to those in our outer social circle or those in your circle who have both positive or negative effects on you. You just need to have a greatly positive impression and make them feel that you are close to them because you practice becoming a great listener. (I love listening to people, but i still talk a little to much.)

I do agree with the importance of your close social circle being the ones who are most like who you want to be, which is why i am trying to find people like how i want to be. (Already found one, working on more!)

Hey DigitalStef,

I really appreciate your comment for a couple reasons. You helped me find the term I've been searching months for "outer social circle". The next reason is you describe another term "parroting" something I do but never had a name for. Very good hearing from you.

>