Confidence, vibe and well being

Illflyers28

Space Monkey
space monkey
What's up how you doing? That's good! Just want to make a new topic about mental and physical well being and how to improve both. Which helps with my confidence and vibe.

I discovered along time ago in my younger years that if you look good, you feel good, and you play good. Common sense right? Well I wasn't the smartest young man. Ever since that moment however I've been working real hard to perfect my well being. It got to a point where I shower before playing basketball and still do. Superstition? Most likely, but it helps me tremendously.

The next insights I'm gonna share with you are ways that I keep the positive natural well being. In no specific order:

DIET

I'm not saying become a health freak, but having a healthy diet works wonders for me. My mind is sharper clearer an more focused. I am also less irritable through out the day. Not gonna get much into this but I eat lean protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats everyday. Try it out!

SLEEP
Get 8 hours of sleep. No if ands or buts. Chase covered this a little in one of his post, it might have been Ricardus not really sure exactly my mistake. Do not over sleep either you will feel just as drained then if you under sleep. When you don't sleep then being tired most likely will end up being your excuse for staying in.

EXERCISE
Don't be lazy. Get a good work out in as much as possible. Doesn't matter how just work up a sweat you'll feel great afterwards.

RESPECT THE BODY
Not telling you to be boring or straight edge. However do not smoke and drink every night or day. Drugs and alcohol cloud your mind and we don't want to rely on drugs and booze to get girls do we? Just use in moderation.

BE PRODUCTIVE
Keep busy as much as possible. Work, school, chores, errands etc. When you do things like this you get a sense of accomplishment. Makes you feel good.

SMILE
:)

Use all of these together and you'll feel terrific. Don't believe me then try it out. Who knows it might be what some of you are missing. These have all helped in my approaches and socializing. I am a lot less anxious and nervous and my mind does not race all over the place. Enough about me.. What are things that help you out with confidence, vibe, and well being?

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hi Illflyers28,

Sometimes people can get so caught up in the actual "art" of seduction that they forget the true fundamentals of life.

I especially like your mention of keeping productive. As an individual who had a lot on my mind when I first began to learn to pick-up women, I had to learn how to filter out the negative thoughts by keeping myself busy with things that gave me positive thoughts.

Everything here is important. Well said.

- Franco

Yankees224

Rookie
Rookie
I follow most of what you said, but productivity is a problem for me. Would you happen to have more tips for staying busy(and efficiently busy at that?) I've always been a video game/tv guy and I've been cutting back on it and doing it in moderation, but sometimes I'll find myself getting lazy and instead of studying(usually economics), I'll hop on my Xbox for an hour or so or watch shows on Netflix, or something to that effect. Of course, a good portion of the time that this happens is after work or school or going out, where I'm too tired to do anything else.

Getting 8 hours of sleep is really helpful though, I used to have a wacky sleep schedule where I'd stay up until 3-4am and not get up until noon, but I usually call it a night by 12 on weeknight and 1/2(depending on when I get home) on weekends and wake up early in the morning(which helps a lot for getting stuff done over a long day).

Illflyers28

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey Yankees,

Good question. For me there is a difference in being busy and being productive. Both are a good thing but productivity is better. I personally just have a few productive things I do weekly which are music production and engineering, new language, gym, socialize. Then I plan accordingly for everything else. I know I work night shifts on weekdays so one day ill do music, three days a week I go to the gym, week ends ill socialize so on and so forth. Thats just my usually schedule. Then to stay busy if my productivity doesn't fill all my time ill do yard work, cleaning, organizing, sports, hobby, shopping, anything I can think of that needs to be done. Sometimes I ask around the neighborhood for odd jobs. One day a week I don't do anything ill be lazy all day and play video games. Video games aren't a bad thing as long as you use in moderation. I sometimes play after work for an hour or so as well. They become a problem when that's all you do. If you go to college you should see if they have video game design. That's productive and can be very lucrative but of course if your at college or in high school that's productive as well. Look for clubs you can join that might strike your interest. It's a good way to meet girl also. As far as tv goes maybe dvr your fav shows and catch up at the end of the week.

Hope this helps Yankees, feel free to ask more questions if it didn't. Ill be glad to help

Phil M

William2228

Rookie
Rookie
I think this is a great subject and would like to just add a few things on my end.
First off as you explained a lot good things to do in both physical and touched a little in the mental side.
From A class I took in psychology I read an article About balancing our: mental, physical, social, and spiritual sides. Im not going to go into much detail but I'll explain a little about each.

Mental.

This is I'm regards to learning. This could be learning anything but usually is more productive if it has a end in mind.
Things such as school, reading, working (effectively).

Physical

I don't want to say much on this cause you covered pretty much everything.
But eating healthy, excercise, getting enough sleep, and other things you mentioned.

Social

This is a a big part of what we do as human is to be social. This could be hanging out with friends, meeting new friends, picking up girls this is all social activity.

Spiritual

This is sometimes a touchy subject but fortunately the article covered it pretty well. The main focus was to have a spiritual peace for those who believe in god. Being actively studying in your religion. And for those who don't have a faith or dont believe in religion was to to have peace at mind. They suggested meditation or just sitting for a bit to clear your head.

They said balancing these aspects in life would help anyone become a more sucessful person. I have worked on this since I read the article. Like you said I felt better more energized and had more of a purpose when I go about my day. It's hard but it takes work to balance your life.

Illflyers28

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey William,

Solid stuff man, its good to hear from someone who is educated on this subject. You made some very good points and explained things i was trying to get at a lot clearer. Productivity is definitely something that has to have a direction; something that leads somewhere. I like how you added socializing. This is a big thing for us humans, and being alone all the time sucks and we eventually get depressed. My favorite point you made though is about spiritual beliefs and religion. Very touchy subject and i am personally not that religious but it makes sense. I always try to have peace of mind and living out the points we covered is how I do so, which in a way makes it my religion. Call me crazy but i also believe that these aspects can make one more successful. Like you said life is all about balance, and trying to find that balance is indeed hard. It is well worth the time and effort though. Glad to hear you are working hard. It took me months to perfect my routine, and eventually it became habitual and I'm sure it will for you.

Phil M

Rationalis

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Franco is right. People do not realize that Game is meant to be a holistic process not one solely focused on racking up number counts of women. I believe that when Game is exercised to its fullest extent, getting chicks is just a side effect of what it can actually do for a person. Diets are underestimated in modern America. A proper diet is probably top 3 on the list of being a better human being. The phrase "junk in, junk out" didn't come out of nowhere. I truly feel that if you have a paragon diet, you can offset any lesser amount of sleep you get because your body is running on solid fuel. Recently, I've adopted a Paleoesque diet and I've phased out all my junk foods and snacks in favor of eating raw vegetables and fruits for snacks instead. The difference in how I feel is night and day. Instead of just eating an alright meal, getting 5 hours of sleep and feeling like shit, I eat excellent food, get 5 hours of sleep and feel pretty functional.

Diet is important.

Illflyers28

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey rationalis,

Good to hear you take diet seriously. For me my diet is a priority. It is a sad thing how modern America does not realize the importance of a proper diet. People complain about health problems that can be solved and prevented with whole foods... I use to sleep 4-5 hours like you, but eventually it caught up to me and found myself exhausted after a few weeks. Now I sleep 8 hours just for that reason. I really wish I could sleep only 5 hours, I'd have 3 extra hours to approach females;). Diet is important indeed. Glad to hear there are people who are as crazy as me.

Phil M

Rationalis

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Illflyers28 said:
Hey rationalis,

Good to hear you take diet seriously. For me my diet is a priority. It is a sad thing how modern America does not realize the importance of a proper diet. People complain about health problems that can be solved and prevented with whole foods... I use to sleep 4-5 hours like you, but eventually it caught up to me and found myself exhausted after a few weeks. Now I sleep 8 hours just for that reason. I really wish I could sleep only 5 hours, I'd have 3 extra hours to approach females;). Diet is important indeed. Glad to hear there are people who are as crazy as me.

Phil M

Oh hey Phil. No, don't get me wrong... I definitely do get 8-9 hours of sleep a night on most nights but on the odd week when I end up sleeping 5 hours a night, I feel much better than previously because of my diet.

>