"Hi": The Thing to Say If You Don't Know What to Say

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Long before I found there were other guys learning this stuff, I used to approach girls and start conversations with the word "hi." It wasn't smooth, charming, or dashing, but it got the job done: we were now talking, and I could see where things went.

Especially when you're starting out, one of the biggest things holding you back can be a stifling fear of trying to pull of some complicated opener, or indecision about what the right thing to say is. But you need to start getting experiences, so you can be meeting women and getting out there and rolling up some experiences to inform your later skill-building and start taking the edge off your anxiety. So don't overcomplicate things; if you see a cute girl you'd like to meet and your mind starts racing, tell it to shut up, and go walk up to her and say "hi." You'll figure the rest out once you're talking to her.

Chase

William2228

Rookie
Rookie
Personally I have found that asking simple questions as a start off can really help.
For example:

Asking where something is like a store, bar, park, ect...
If they are eating something maybe ask them where they bought it.
Around Holidays and especially Christmas asking girls where they got an item of clothing so you can buy it as gift for someone else.This one could be anytime of the year just asking for a friends birthday
(I try to ask questions I really want to know so it comes out more confident) Like chase said in a former post girls can smell a lie a mile away.

After asking you can usually strike up a good conversation.

... Stay classy

WLBIV

nino

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
What's your guys' experience with approaching groups in a group yourself? Although, with group I rather mean just you and a friend.

Yankees224

Rookie
Rookie
I've noticed that a simple Hi or Hey etc. will work fairly well in getting girls to open. Most people will return the greeting(unless they're busy of course) and it is indeed a good way to start a conversation. I usually end up flaming out shortly thereafter because I'll ask "How's it going" and I'll get a response like "Good"(or something similar) and then I don't know how to work off of that.

>