Push Past Beginner and Start Getting Results

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey everyone,

This post was a collaboration between myself and Zphix discussing the need to pass mental boundaries and start getting results. Read on, my friend :)

Becoming an “Advanced Beginner” or Mindsets for passing uncomfortable Sticky Points

OK, so the title is kind of a joke, but this here post is about the critical transition between stages that I frequently see in the FR and journals section. I see these posts, and the conversations in them, and there are very witty, talented people I see making fast initial progress. And then they hit a point where they stall, and are not seeing tangible results (i.e. getting laid). This is problematic…not only because of stalled progress, but the risk exists that these people don’t see the point of PUA anymore and give up altogether, thinking they “are just not that guy”.

When progress has stopped, it’s a sign of settling and becoming comfortable, NOT that further potential doesn't exist. Settling or becoming stagnant is not generally a decision made consciously, but the mind defaults to not using energy wherever possible. So you may have overcome your initial Approach Anxiety, but now you have a hard time coming across as a sexual man. Or you’re getting a lot of phone numbers and interactions, but you’re too uncomfortable to get dates started.

Common “Comfort Zone Walls”
If you’ve been in PU for any length of time, you’ll know that you aren’t just learning one skill. You are learning how to:

- Pre-Open in a non-intimidating and comfortable fashion
- Approach despite anxiety
- Create mutual rapport
- Achieve a connection without supplication; coming across as powerful/non-needy
- Banter in a style both humorous and non-insulting
- Convey yourself as a sexual man (via Chase/Sexual frames and Sex Talk)
- Obtain phone numbers/contact info
- Go for the first kiss

There are many, many others, and what’s comfortable for one person may be uncomfortable to another. But what’s objectively true, is that there are multiple Comfort Zone Walls we pass at some part of our life or another to become a successful seducer.

On the FR/journal’s section, I’m seeing a lot of swift, fast progress. And it’s incredible to see the transformations. But there are three key sticking points that are hindering them from bedding more women.

1.) Lack of an effective pre-opener (or using one at all)
2.) Coming across as platonic/non-sexual
3.) Losing momentum

Targeting Specific Comfort Zone Walls

1.) Pre-opening –

If you aren't already using this, you are missing out. Big time. In the largest scope, anything you do that segways the thought of you from her original thoughts “naturally” will do. The aim is that you aren’t plunging her into cold water with your opener. I would list out the reasons why you need to use it, but let me show you instead:

Why you need to do it:

Let’s place you as an attractive, lovely young lady.

Scenario 1: You’re shopping at your local Whole Foods, thinking about what you’re making for dinner tonight, just checking off food from your list. Suddenly, a man blurts out next to you what sounds like a compliment. “Is he talking to me? Jesus, wasn't really ready for this!”. He’s a decent looking chap, you think, but this is already a little awkward, and the way he started the conversation shows he doesn't really "get it". Oh god, not another one of THOSE men. “Thank you, but I’ve got to keep shopping, I’m in a rush”, you say, and walk away.

Scenario 2: You’re shopping at your local Whole Foods, thinking about what you’re making for dinner tonight, just checking off food from your list. You feel a soft touch on your elbow, and you look to see what’s/who’s touching you, and you see a man who looks decently attractive, next to you gazing off somewhere in front of him, but not at you. “Who is this guy? What is he going to do?... Is he going to say something?” Immediately after, he looks at you in the eye and says something that compliments you. You feel approved by this mysterious man, and you're intrigued to learn more about him.

Same two people, same opener, different result. That’s pre-opening. It shows you are dominant (touching her arm without knowing her), socially skilled (you know how to start a conversation naturally), and probably experienced doing this with other women (pre-selection). And that’s a good way to start off before the opener… ;)

How to do it:

- Touch her on the elbow – Simple; you walk up to her, place your hand lightly on her elbow, she looks at you briefly before you look at her, you then look at her in the eyes, and deliver your opener, just like our man in the example.

- Catch a girl’s eye – My absolute favorite! This is perhaps the best IOI if it’s matched with a smile. Generally speaking, when you walk anywhere; down the street; through the store; through a party; out of your peripheral vision, you’ll see people. Sudden movements in your direction should be inspected because, usually, they’re women looking at you.

But women only really notice you at first glance if you’ve got your fundamentals handled. At that moment when you catch a girls eye, reciprocate. Glance her way out of the corner of your eye (this is how you sexily notice a woman), and smile as you start to walk forward past her. She knows that you saw her, but wonders why you didn’t approach her immediately...so it’s a pleasant surprise when you make your way back around to her.

- Let someone else talk to her first (for pre-opening in groups) – Instead of being the guy who goes headfirst into introducing yourself and blazing afire socially…! Just chill, relax, and let the other people talk first. Throw on a nonchalant and just slightly bored look, looking away. A mysterious and intriguing aura will start surrounding you, and either the girl will open you herself, or you may see chicks giving you glances (those ones open really smooth). Better yet is if the group you’re with starts talking about you, before you even start your conversations.

2.) Sexual Framing/not being platonic –

Coming across as sexual instead of platonic does so many great things for you. In fact, if you want lays, it's an absolute must.

Aside from that - you’ll notice that when you start to become sexual (correctly), girls will latch onto you – hard. They will chase you, since "the sexual man is so rare", as Alek would say. I’ve had a few times recently where a girl will play along with a sexual frame, not long after tell them I have to really get going, and she’ll continue to try and make (or reinitiate) conversation. Women respond to the emotions you put out. If you’re sexual, so are they. If you act like a friend, then guess what!? You’re a friend...and not one with benefits either ;)

If you need a primer on succeeding here, then check out this excellent article by Alek - https://www.girlschase.com/content/how-u ... e-and-mood. If you don’t read the article, then at least take away these 3 different ways of communicating your sexual framing:
Nonverbally, treating her according to how you perceive her (according to your beliefs).
You can engage in sex talk and pretty much state your own beliefs concerning women and sexuality.
Talking about your beliefs indirectly – talking about women in the light of your beliefs.

Some notes on beginning this – If the girl plays along with your sexual frame, or doesn’t say anything and laughs shyly, then she has “bit” on to your sexual frame, and that means you have a promising prospect! If she gets awkward and surprised or ignores the frame, then gracefully cut the conversation and leave. Not worth plowing your time into girls who aren’t turned on to you. So, if and however possible, somehow incorporate a sexual innuendo/joke/frame during your first interaction with a girl to get the read.

Some quick examples of sexual framing (imagine with a sexy smile and voice tone):

Her: Yeah, the whole class was too easy, I was getting so bored.
You: So you’re saying you like it hard? ;)

or

You: So show me your tattoos.
Her: Well, I have a few. I’ve got one here on my leg and one on my arm.
You: And the other is on an inappropriate place in your body ;)
Her: Oh yeah ;)
(these are what good reactions look like)

or

You: Man, it’s been such a long night, a little too exhausted to cook dinner tonight.
Her: Well, why don’t we eat out tonight?
You: Already planned to ;)
Her: Haha! (good laugh) So what are we having?

Lastly, a problem that newer members tend to have with sexual framing, is forcing sex frames. Like the examples above, the frames should be smooth and effortless; easily perceived as a frame. Frames don’t need to be far-fetched or complex.
After learning about sexual framing, though, some guys have tendencies to place far too much emphasis on them and look for every excuse to use them. Don’t be that guy that does this:

You: Man, it’s been such a long night, a little too exhausted to cook dinner tonight.
Her: Well, why don’t we eat out tonight?
You: Already planned to ;)
Her: Haha! (good laugh) So what are we having?
You: The time of your life ;)
Her: I mean what are we eating!?
You: I’ve got a couple things in mind!
Don’t be this guy ^^^ The one sex frame alone was plenty, but he put too much emphasis on it, and inevitably, did not get laid that night! Leave it to a few frames at random times ;)

3.) Losing Momentum
Everybody has different sticking points, as was said earlier in the post. The vast majority of guys will hit this point right here. The point where they are able to pull numbers, and pull women, but get no real results from them, meaning no sex; no dates; no relationship.

When that time comes, it’s imperative that you push! Comfort zones are the zones without progress! Whenever you start to feel content in your progress, you’re slipping! Find out what aspects of women make you uncomfortable and force yourself to tackle those aspects.

Whether that be pushing for sex, or pushing for the date. You should never be content and you should always look to push your boundaries because that’s how progress is made.

Do you think Decent or myself would be where we are without pushing ourselves? Do you think either him or myself was happy with only pulling numbers? NO! Sure it felt great that we were able to, but that’s not what this game is about, so push yourself out of your comfort zone to see progress, and to see naked women! ;)

In Conclusion

For those who are finding a great deal of improvement in their approaching and conversational skills, remember that the next step to getting consistent lays are using an effective pre-opener, utilizing sexual frames, and pushing yourself out of your comfort zone! Read ‘em and absorb ‘em. And finally, remember that regardless of what specific Comfort Zone Wall you’ve reached, always, ALWAYS push and find a way to succeed. You pimp.

Any questions, critiques, comments or ideas are always welcome :)

PrettyDecent & Zphix

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
You two boys have done a magnificent job! I could really relate to that Whole Foods example. And I'm at exactly the sticking point you describe; plenty of numbers but not much beyond. Can't wait to put it into practice!

The Tool

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Excellent post guys.

I especially liked the part where you emphasize not to over use sexual frames.
I see alot of guys do it. and I cringe every time.

Good work

Cheers, The Tool

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
T Vaunswa said:
I especially liked the part where you emphasize not to over use sexual frames.
I see alot of guys do it. and I cringe every time.

Yeah, Zphix's idea to add that in ;)

Marty said:
You two boys have done a magnificent job! I could really relate to that Whole Foods example. And I'm at exactly the sticking point you describe; plenty of numbers but not much beyond. Can't wait to put it into practice!

Cheers bro! Looking forward to reading your LR's over here, Marty.

Jake

Smith

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Wow that was a good post, especially on the sexual frame. sometimes I get those moments where I find it hard to project some sexual frames into the conversation without looking awkward. any tips on how to do this smoother and more natural ? or does this comes with experience?

Cheers
Jino

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
PrettyDecent said:
Cheers bro! Looking forward to reading your LR's over here, Marty.

Thanks Jake... it goes without saying that as soon as I get a proper handle on this process, I'll write up the LRs accordingly. But you might have to wait a while! I'm a slow learner at the best of times; when I'm having to revise a couple decades' worth of incorrect assumptions, my pace is positively glacial. :) Appreciate your patience!

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Re: STICKIED: Push Past Beginner and Start Getting Results

PrettyDecent said:
You feel a soft touch on your elbow, and you look to see what’s/who’s touching you, and you see a man who looks decently attractive, next to you gazing off somewhere in front of him, but not at you. “Who is this guy? What is he going to do?... Is he going to say something?” Immediately after, he looks at you in the eye and says something that compliments you. You feel approved by this mysterious man, and you're intrigued to learn more about him.
I've got to plunge into this. I've had situations where I've said "hello" and the girl has actually looked away shyly, making it awkward to continue.

Tell me, do you just have to get it wrong the first few times, and to hell with the consequences? I guess there's no avoiding the slip-ups... just like with everything else we're learning.

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Marty,

I'd say of any pre-opener, touching is the most difficult. There are a lot of subtle nuances, and it's best used in a situation where people have already been touching each other, either incidentally or on purpose...more of a night-venue thing. Doing it on the street during the day can be a bit jarring, and I might re-edit the post to describe that.

Though, I'd also add that touch is greatly used as a look-touch two punch pre-opener. So you stand next to each other (preferably across rather than on the side), you establish eye contact with a smile, and then a second or two later you touch/grab her hand (extremely softy) and you say your direct opener. Here's a prime example of what I'm talking about: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3230.

Thanks for pointing that out, Marty!

Nick

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

PrettyDecent said:
So you stand next to each other (preferably across rather than on the side), you establish eye contact with a smile, and then a second or two later you touch/grab her hand (extremely softy) and you say your direct opener. Here's a prime example of what I'm talking about.
Yes, this was beautiful to read about. Makes me want to run out to Walmart right now and try it!!!

Yaxir

Space Monkey
space monkey

Yes, this was beautiful to read about. Makes me want to run out to Walmart right now and try it!!!

Marty,

I'd say of any pre-opener, touching is the most difficult. There are a lot of subtle nuances, and it's best used in a situation where people have already been touching each other, either incidentally or on purpose...more of a night-venue thing. Doing it on the street during the day can be a bit jarring, and I might re-edit the post to describe that.

Though, I'd also add that touch is greatly used as a look-touch two punch pre-opener. So you stand next to each other (preferably across rather than on the side), you establish eye contact with a smile, and then a second or two later you touch/grab her hand (extremely softy) and you say your direct opener. Here's a prime example of what I'm talking about: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3230.

Thanks for pointing that out, Marty!

Nick
damn, that thread cannot be found

also, i am really scared like .. what if they view you as a creep for touching someone without permission ?

P.S : absolute beginner here and have no game atm

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
damn, that thread cannot be found

also, i am really scared like .. what if they view you as a creep for touching someone without permission ?

P.S : absolute beginner here and have no game atm
Yeah bro do not touch women as you approach them. A guy like you who is inexperienced will not pull it off. These posts were made way back in 2013 it's outdated and things have changed. There are more boundaries now so women won't allow you to touch them unless they're already comfortable with you or attracted.

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
Yeah bro do not touch women as you approach them. A guy like you who is inexperienced will not pull it off. These posts were made way back in 2013 it's outdated and things have changed. There are more boundaries now so women won't allow you to touch them unless they're already comfortable with you or attracted.
What is this bullshit. Sure, if you're a complete noob you should watch out for not coming across as uncalibrated, but in the end, you can only be aware of that to a certain extent and the rest you get rid of through experience, trial and error. "Ah fuck i creeped her out, i did this and that wrong i think, i will try correcting it next time to see if it was that..."

For an example, one thing i fucked up in the beginning was running too close to girls when i did the street stop or rushed it too hard, you don't want the first impression of you being an assailant, a purse thief or some shit, and it did more harm than good. So one thing i improved was, that when i turned around to do the street stop, i would get in front of them with more space and run in a bigger circle around them and then we sort of have a good, close distance by the time she have had time to snap out of auto-pilot and stop her pace, otherwise i take a few steps. Fixed the problem.

Please man, don't speak up when you don't know what you are talking about. Girls love being touched when you are confident and smooth about it. I shake girls hands, high five them to qualify them on something, pull their hair if they are naughty, pull their arm/shoulder if they are standing in traffic etc. Touching a girl's shoulder is nothing man. One could argue that it works atleast as well as it did in 2013 because women are more starved from touching these days.

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
What is this bullshit. Sure, if you're a complete noob you should watch out for not coming across as uncalibrated, but in the end, you can only be aware of that to a certain extent and the rest you get rid of through experience, trial and error. "Ah fuck i creeped her out, i did this and that wrong i think, i will try correcting it next time to see if it was that..."

For an example, one thing i fucked up in the beginning was running too close to girls when i did the street stop or rushed it too hard, you don't want the first impression of you being an assailant, a purse thief or some shit, and it did more harm than good. So one thing i improved was, that when i turned around to do the street stop, i would get in front of them with more space and run in a bigger circle around them and then we sort of have a good, close distance by the time she have had time to snap out of auto-pilot and stop her pace, otherwise i take a few steps. Fixed the problem.

Please man, don't speak up when you don't know what you are talking about. Girls love being touched when you are confident and smooth about it. I shake girls hands, high five them to qualify them on something, pull their hair if they are naughty, pull their arm/shoulder if they are standing in traffic etc. Touching a girl's shoulder is nothing man. One could argue that it works atleast as well as it did in 2013 because women are more starved from touching these days.
You misunderstand my intentions. I am not trying to say that you should never touch girls because it doesn't work or they don't like it. I am strictly trying to discourage yaxir from doing it right now just because of his background and how much experience he lacks socializing with other women. He's only ever interacted with pakistani girls it seems like. He has no feel for how women in other cultures and countries would respond and react to him.

I grew up with Pakistani kids throughout school for long time and I know just how socially awkward and behind they can be. . My close pakistani friend who I went to school with for 7 years,has always said weird shit ,never socialized well with kids from other races, never really tried to talk to girls and been an oddball for a while. A lot of this is because of our religion and how it discourages certain things. I haven't talked with him recently ,but based on his most recent texts I don't think he's changed much. Yaxir is a fresh off the boat Pakistani so he will be much more behind socially. Not saying this as an insult to him i'm trying to look out for my pakistani brother because I know how hard it is to catch up when you're behind because of an opressive household/culture.

Someone like him would be super uncalibrated socially and I worry if he tried to do something like touch a girl during a approach he would be nervous as hell and scare the girl. This spells bad news. I'm worried if he tries to touch a girl he would end up like this poor kid.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ent-19-faces-JAIL-sex-assault-conviction.html

This is an extreme reaction, it's rare and it's in the UK where you get jailed for almost anything,but it's a possible consequence for someone as raw as Yaxir.

I'm not giving him a suggestion based on game. Strictly based on our shared background in Islam. You might not agree and think he should go out try and fail see what works. That's fine. I personally think he should start off working on his fundamentals and if he approaches start off simple.

(Btw all of this is assuming yaxir is really who he says he is and isn't Indian Race Troll in disguise. Then we all got duped)

Yaxir

Space Monkey
space monkey
You misunderstand my intentions. I am not trying to say that you should never touch girls because it doesn't work or they don't like it. I am strictly trying to discourage yaxir from doing it right now just because of his background and how much experience he lacks socializing with other women. He's only ever interacted with pakistani girls it seems like. He has no feel for how women in other cultures and countries would respond and react to him.

I grew up with Pakistani kids throughout school for long time and I know just how socially awkward and behind they can be. . My close pakistani friend who I went to school with for 7 years,has always said weird shit ,never socialized well with kids from other races, never really tried to talk to girls and been an oddball for a while. A lot of this is because of our religion and how it discourages certain things. I haven't talked with him recently ,but based on his most recent texts I don't think he's changed much. Yaxir is a fresh off the boat Pakistani so he will be much more behind socially. Not saying this as an insult to him i'm trying to look out for my pakistani brother because I know how hard it is to catch up when you're behind because of an opressive household/culture.

Someone like him would be super uncalibrated socially and I worry if he tried to do something like touch a girl during a approach he would be nervous as hell and scare the girl. This spells bad news. I'm worried if he tries to touch a girl he would end up like this poor kid.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ent-19-faces-JAIL-sex-assault-conviction.html

This is an extreme reaction, it's rare and it's in the UK where you get jailed for almost anything,but it's a possible consequence for someone as raw as Yaxir.

I'm not giving him a suggestion based on game. Strictly based on our shared background in Islam. You might not agree and think he should go out try and fail see what works. That's fine. I personally think he should start off working on his fundamentals and if he approaches start off simple.

( Btw all of this is assuming yaxir is really who he says he is and isn't Indian Race Troll in disguise. Then we all got duped )
Mate, this is a really detailed explanation and i just came across it now while i was reading these forums

@Starboy , you should have tagged me in this post brother. It is very insightful and you wrote some things that i might not have consciously known and/or written about myself !

and @Phoenix , thanks for engaging starboy with your points. they seem quite helpful themselves and most importantly, they provoked star boy to make this explanation

It is true, i have very little concept of socializing with women outside family. although i did become socially much more confident interacting with women with regards to talking to them in my later University days. i think i high fived a girl once in University and that's it, probably never had another touch interaction with a girl i wasn't related to lol

i have almost no idea about how women of other cultures think of such interactions and i really don't know and/or understand what are their views with regards to talking to men, especially those who are total strangers to them

i will probably be very nervous and very withdrawn when socially and/or physically interacting with a rather open-minded, foreign woman for the first time because i know nothing about her and i don't know how she perceives me. especially when all i have been taught from an early age was to respect women's boundaries and to never ever think about having any sort of intimate relationship with ANY of them unless i was legally married to a woman.

to put it roughly, based on the image that society has presented and what the religion preaches, any type of physical intimacy or romantic relationships with women are considered off-limits. you have to be REALLY slick, manipulative and very, very clever to have any sort of game with unrelated girls in a conservative to shit society like Pakistan

as starboy puts it, it has been a very repressive society. i would go as far as saying that it has been an absolutely backward society with a very narrow mindset, one that i don't agree with ( hence why i often find myself disagreeing with the popular opinion here )

and that other pakistani, that starboy talks about, he seems to belong to an even more conservative family. probably one having a very radical view on religion and society in general.

and stayboy is right, i am an absolute rookie at all of this. and don't worry, i don't take anything as insult. these are all realities that starboy is putting out clear for all to see, he's probably one of the few who can actually understand the situation i face

also, it is really endearing to be called a brother here ! i do consider ALL OF YOU my brothers and i hope to learn from all of you and successfully apply those learnings in real-life interactions

that being said, i sincerely hope that i will be able to take something away from reading these forums, the girlschase website and any special advice from the experienced and senior members that is especially aimed at a guy like me and be able to use it with proper effect in my social life.

That example from UK is quite scary lol, i won't lie

but it does look like an extreme case. It is a good lesson to learn for all beginners and see what should be avoided in your earliest interactions with absolutely stranger women in society

and yes, i probably am not very well calibrated socially. in fact i don't even know what calibration is, in terms of game ..

I am working on my fundamentals and i will absolutely avoid any game until i have at least a good fashion sense, good beard styling and a straight body form & posture, with or without huge muscles ( i am not sure i want too much muscles )

of course, i will continue to interact with women normally and maybe even try out some of the lighter stuff that i learn from here ( when i am outside of Pakistan hehe ) but i will not in any way expect any sort of sexual outcome, ever. the one thing i gotta improve is reading girls or at least reading the signals they send out, since right now i am about as clueless a guy as one can be. you could be flirting to my face and i wouldn't know a thing about it lol !

i think the essential part of the game is you gotta be confident in yourself and play it just like you would play an actual game, have fun without expecting anything of any sort, whether that expectation is anything sensual or any other type of reward

I will one day, in the somewhat near future, hopefully make a post asking about how to keep my approaches simple as an absolute beginner

and i have often told this in my posts, that my main fear is getting reported to authorities or getting beat up by other men around, if the girl gets too creeped and alerts people around or anything like that . i am also quite afraid of rejection, probably due to deep seated insecurities due to the conservative background

hopefully i will be able to overcome all that fear and anxiety

and Starboy, mate i am real :D

A kind stranger from reddit told about about girlschase and i subsequently found my way to this forum

here's to some new beginnings in life :cool:

Last edited:
>