Flattered but uninterested girls?

Lossanzo

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey everyone

I started approaching girls for a few weeks now, so far only street stops during the day and there's something that's been puzzling me.

When I stop and open girls I like on the street with a direct compliment, a lot of them smile and seem flattered after I deliver it, but then they just say "thank you" smiling and begin moving again. This has happened a lot, in fact, it is the most common response to me. A few just say "Ok" or "Ok, thanks", don't smile and resume walking. Some of them actually stay put and give me the time to introduce myself and ask a question and after that it has been very consistent that I get their phone number after a bit of small talk.

One of them, which was very beautiful, after I gave the compliment started playing with her hair, smiling and asked me "is that all?", I introduced myself and she said "it's a pleasure" then started moving again. All the others didn't ask anything. If I ask them anything or introduce myself after they resumed walking they just say "thank you" again.

Should I do something differently or is this simply that they are not interested?

Thanks

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I've been fortunate enough to be approached in a similar fashion by women, and It is a great time to be complimentary and it boosts my ego a bit.

When they shoot you down because they have a boyfriend or are married, you can always say "I'll bet your Husband/boyfriend is a real cool guy. I'd love to meet him." At least that is what the guys say to my girlfriend.

You can try to parlay it into meeting her friends. If she is intrigued a little bit at least, you could get introduced to her friends. Couples always like to have anther couple to go do stuff with. I've had some memorable hookups from second hand approaches.

Lossanzo

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey man, the problem is that I don't even get to a conversation with these girls so I don't know if they have a boyfriend/husband. They just smile, say thank you and eject.

zappbrannigan

Space Monkey
space monkey
Lossanzo said:
Hey everyone

I started approaching girls for a few weeks now, so far only street stops during the day and there's something that's been puzzling me.

When I stop and open girls I like on the street with a direct compliment, a lot of them smile and seem flattered after I deliver it, but then they just say "thank you" smiling and begin moving again.

This sounds like a problem with your presentation. If your intent is to start a conversation and not just say the compliment, try getting them to a full stop. Also make sure you stand with your back straight, right in front of her path, so if wants to leave, she has to move around you. It's a very subtle thing, but most women won't be so rude to do that. This buys you more time. Also, make sure to ask them a question or make an interesting statement to engage them. Something simple like "what are you up to today?" should suffice. This has the dual purpose of helping you figure out logistics for a possible instant date as well, or if you should go for the number.

Lossanzo said:
This has happened a lot, in fact, it is the most common response to me. A few just say "Ok" or "Ok, thanks", don't smile and resume walking.

Perhaps you forgot to smile yourself. Smiling is contagious! Try being warmer in your approach.

Lossanzo said:
One of them, which was very beautiful, after I gave the compliment started playing with her hair, smiling and asked me "is that all?", I introduced myself and she said "it's a pleasure" then started moving again.

That's kind of weird. I don't know how to interpret this. Maybe one of the more experienced board members can shine a light on this.

strictlyincreasing

Space Monkey
space monkey
It's your fundamentals. The top guys on here are good looking. That's required for being successful with street stops, it seems. I had the exact same issue and am going to stop doing street stops because there doesn't seem to be a way around it.

If you get in front of her and stop her properly (e.g. the policeman stop), and use warmer eye contact, tonality, body language etc. and an opener tailored to the lady, then the only difference that you'll get is a warmer smile and her saying "I have to get going" rather than just continuing to move after hearing your opener. Attraction is there or it isn't and it is already established and set in stone before you even start speaking. So don't beat yourself up over it.

See this for my description of myself having the same issue.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21049

I am also trying to find other ways to meet women. See here
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21262

zappbrannigan

Space Monkey
space monkey
strictlyincreasing said:
It's your fundamentals. The top guys on here are good looking.

Fundamentals aren't about having good genes. It's about working with what you have as well as possible. So, dressing sharply, grooming well, working out and having strong body language and eye contact. This can be improved and women will start calling you handsome.

Toby2030

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
A couple things comes to mind here.
1. You get rejected because you don't create any tension. That's the downside of an direct approach. Most of game is about creating mystery, indifference/not caring, challenge and sexual tension. By going direct without pushing her away you kill all the tension. Try to use push-pull openers when you up for the next couple of approaches, and during the interaction work on challenging what she says, disqualifying her (saying why it might not work out between the two of you), lying/withholding information and other push-pulls. You NEED tension.

2. Get to the point - "was that it?" She doesn't know your intentions. Set a CLEAR premise of the interaction.

3. It seems like you open just to give a compliment, and that's it. This is fucking sparta. Stay in the set and keep talking until something sticks. Mentally you should focus on pulling, and not opening. It gives you a completely different thought procces and push you to only feel validated when you pull.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
They say thank you and leave because you don't give them any reason to stick around and talk to you.

Your compliment is an Icebreaker but what is your follow up that makes them engage with you?
HOOK
"Your lab is so beautiful, I'll bet he loves the water as much as my yellow lab"
HER :Oh how old is Your Lab?

I love that necklace,,,What is the story behind it?
HER : My grand mother fell off a cliff and I was holding her hand before she slipped out of my grasp and fell to her death. It was her's. wear it to remind me of how fleeting life is."
"Well I'd love to have a long conversation with you about making the most of life's fleeting moments...

Your Hair color is intriguing. Tell me how did you do it

Make her engage. Bank tellers do it when you come to the bank... "How was your Weekend?" "How is your Week going?" " Got any plans for the Weekend?"

Overdoze

Space Monkey
space monkey
Fuck This said:
They say thank you and leave because you don't give them any reason to stick around and talk to you.

Your compliment is an Icebreaker but what is your follow up that makes them engage with you?
HOOK
"Your lab is so beautiful, I'll bet he loves the water as much as my yellow lab"
HER :Oh how old is Your Lab?

I love that necklace,,,What is the story behind it?
HER : My grand mother fell off a cliff and I was holding her hand before she slipped out of my grasp and fell to her death. It was her's. wear it to remind me of how fleeting life is."
"Well I'd love to have a long conversation with you about making the most of life's fleeting moments...

Your Hair color is intriguing. Tell me how did you do it

Make her engage. Bank tellers do it when you come to the bank... "How was your Weekend?" "How is your Week going?" " Got any plans for the Weekend?"

This.

OP - consider it from their side - random stranger complimenting them.. then what? they might be flattered but it becomes akward if theres silence etc. or many other things. Understand the position your putting them in.

beyond that - lock-in properly and consider side by sides etc where shes more stationary vs full stops. Or side by side sorta walks where it appears more stumble across like. If you stop her the full stop where you go right in front of her is best according to top daygamers like yad. (google yad and daygame). Youll find theres a ceetain flow to it.

Check eg yads model too for other followups from the icebreaker (or the attention catcher) which the opening statement is. He uses direct compliment + assumption stacking. some use situational + intrigue bait. Some feed of the emotions of the meet ad articulate that. Gun uses rainbow ruses in SMMA. Ive played with minicold reads to reads from her apparent energy. Key is to work of best practices and design a flow that fits your style and likings. These things all do specific things to her which is what you need to lead.

>