Alternative to direct openers for street stops?

strictlyincreasing

Space Monkey
space monkey
I've been trying some street stop approaches. That is approaching a lady who is walking along a street but is well dressed or stylish in some way and doesn't look like she is in a hurry. It has always been day time so far. The trouble that I'm having is that I have a double barreled opener and I can never get to the second bit. The start of the opener is to tell her that she looks good/cute/attractive. Then I would tell her the unique thing that I noticed about her that made me think of approaching. The trouble is that after the first bit, she smiles, thanks me for the compliment and goes walking. I have tried asking some of them to stop so that I can tell them what I noticed about them but they don't. I know that I'm not supposed to chase after them (that's the motto of this website!) so if she doesn't stop, that's the end of the approach.

The trouble is that I have poor fundamentals. As soon as I open with this direct opener, she sees visually what I am offering, decides there and then that she doesn't want the interaction to continue and goes along. If I had a few more minutes to talk a little bit, I think that the interaction could be more enjoyable. I know that there is a whole gamut of openers that one can use, but specifically for the street stop, some just wouldn't seem sensible. E.g. I can't street stop her just to say "this street seems to be full of people who don't know where they're going, don't you think!?" if it's not night game. I can't think of anything besides direct for a street stop. So what are some suggestions for openers that have given you success? Thanks.

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
1. Increase your fundamentals :)
2. The double barrelled opener...can you just start with the second part if you think it's more impactful?
3. The compliment opener definitely works, but if you're having trouble getting them to stick around, try following up with it a small question, or just hold out your hand and say, "striclyincreasing." with a sexy smile/smirk/tone of voice etc.
4. Increase your fundamentals

strictlyincreasing

Space Monkey
space monkey
JacobPalmer said:
1. Increase your fundamentals :)
2. The double barrelled opener...can you just start with the second part if you think it's more impactful?
3. The compliment opener definitely works, but if you're having trouble getting them to stick around, try following up with it a small question, or just hold out your hand and say, "striclyincreasing." with a sexy smile/smirk/tone of voice etc.
4. Increase your fundamentals

I can't just increase my fundamentals. I was with a more experienced guy and he told me that I am in good shape and dressed well. But I can't magically make myself taller etc. Fundamentals are more something that you're born with. Game is about using them in the best way hence why I am thinking about openers.

2. Thanks I never even thought of that. All I do is replace "I thought that you looked cute and wanted to say hi" with "I noticed [....] and wanted to say hi". So obvious. I'll try it. The good thing is that it gets me thinking, focusing on the approach and not on myself. That could help a lot.

3. If she hasn't even decided to stop, aren't I taking a risk by putting out my hand? I.e. if she doesn't feel enough compliance to proffer her hand, then she won't and then again the set is over. But I think that the question could work. Should it be a flirty question e.g. "do you always dress so stylishly when grocery shopping" or a sincere one? Or could either one work?

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
1. You can always increase fundamentals. :) Are you ripped/athletic body with 4% body fat? Then you can increase your fundamentals. Are your teeth perfectly straight and white? then you can increase your fundamentals. Are you rich? Increase fundamentals. Does your voice make women swoon when you talk. Increase fundamentals. Is your skin flawless? Etc. There's always a way to increase fundamentals.

Height, no, you can't increase that one. But there are so many other things you can increase. And there are tons of shorter guys who pull like crazy. :)

2. Perfect :)

3. It's definitely more risky.....but more risk, more reward in this case, because if she does take your hand or stop, it's huge investment on her part. As for using a more flirty question...yeah I like what you wrote there. I think the flirty one would be better as long as you say it in a sexy/cool way. It's more fun. And that's what girls want. Fun (and a charming sexy guy to sweep them off their feet).

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
JacobPalmer said:
1. You can always increase fundamentals. :) Are you ripped/athletic body with 4% body fat? Then you can increase your fundamentals.
That sounds nice and all, but what's the point of all these? No trolling. If the only point is getting girls, I'd call it pretty shallow. The first video here.

Do you agree or disagree with the main thesis of David Deida's book? That is, you should always have a goal higher than women, women are just the icing on the cake, so to say.

strictlyincreasing-

The alternative to direct openers are, coincidentally, indirect openers. For better or worse, I'm still using indirect stuff I've learned from Roosh's free newsletter mini course. I'm slow at learning new stuff. Especially it's confusing to find new pickup stuff that resonates with you and doesn't make you feel you are going to become crazy by learning the stuff in depth. Anyway, most of the time I'm doing something in between being super direct and super indirect. You always have to calibrate to the girl, to your environment, and of course to your own mood and personality, too.

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
That sounds nice and all, but what's the point of all these? No trolling. If the only point is getting girls, I'd call it pretty shallow.

Yup, the point is to get girls, although also to feel good about yourself. That is the point of this forum and website after all. :)

Do you agree or disagree with the main thesis of David Deida's book? That is, you should always have a goal higher than women, women are just the icing on the cake, so to say.

Generally I agree, however, deep down, the only reason we're actually doing this "higher goal" is to get more/higher quality women. at least for 99% of the population. If faced with the question of "Would you rather have no more women for the rest of your life or you will achieve your lifelong dream, or have women in your life but you won't achieve your lifelong dream," what would you pick? I'd put money down that almost everyone would choose women (or whatever sex they're attracted to), than abstain from sex.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
JacobPalmer said:
Yup, the point is to get girls, although also to feel good about yourself. That is the point of this forum and website after all. :)
But that's not the point of life. That's where some if not most, but certainly not all game teachers and communities fall short.

JacobPalmer said:
Generally I agree, however, deep down, the only reason we're actually doing this "higher goal" is to get more/higher quality women. at least for 99% of the population.
That truly a special way of understanding my my question/Deida's message. What's your source for this? Out side that this idea just popped out of your head? :)

These was a good discussion about this same idea somewhere recently I can't find now regarding Roosh didn't really have a higher goal than women and now ending up in this weird place. So guys like Roosh who didn't have a higher goal along the way will simply outgrow pickup as Chase put it. While others who always had a higher goal could incorporate their innate desire for women better into their personality as they age. My observation.

JacobPalmer said:
If faced with the question of "Would you rather have no more women for the rest of your life or you will achieve your lifelong dream, or have women in your life but you won't achieve your lifelong dream," what would you pick?
OK, but this is a false choice. In real life you don't really have to make this choice. In fact, these things rather go in tandem. That's what I and Deida wanted to say. At least I never encountered in a real life situation where I had to make this choice.

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
But that's not the point of life. That's where some if not most, but certainly not all game teachers and communities fall short.

Well no, that's just not the point of life for you. :) The point of life is.....whatever you want it to be.

That truly a special way of understanding my my question/Deida's message. What's your source for this? Out side that this idea just popped out of your head? :)

Just personal experience and talking with people. I obviously haven't done a scientific study on this. Although I'm guessing you also don't have a scientific study backing up your claim haha. I checked your link though and yes, part of it is going to depend on timing, the older you are. the higher the chance that you'll get bored with pickup and want to have other goals. But that's only because they've already gotten their fill.

True on the last point, you'll never have to make that choice. But extremes are a good way to showcase examples. In reality you can definitely do both. I'm just saying the underlying cause of most things is always going to be survival: mating, food, and shelter.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I've added some additional info right into the middle of my previous message meanwhile you already wrote your answer.

Catch you later!

strictlyincreasing

Space Monkey
space monkey
JacobPalmer said:
1. You can always increase fundamentals. :) Are you ripped/athletic body with 4% body fat? Then you can increase your fundamentals. Are your teeth perfectly straight and white? then you can increase your fundamentals. Are you rich? Increase fundamentals. Does your voice make women swoon when you talk. Increase fundamentals. Is your skin flawless? Etc. There's always a way to increase fundamentals.

Height, no, you can't increase that one. But there are so many other things you can increase. And there are tons of shorter guys who pull like crazy. :)

2. Perfect :)

3. It's definitely more risky.....but more risk, more reward in this case, because if she does take your hand or stop, it's huge investment on her part. As for using a more flirty question...yeah I like what you wrote there. I think the flirty one would be better as long as you say it in a sexy/cool way. It's more fun. And that's what girls want. Fun (and a charming sexy guy to sweep them off their feet).

Money and body fat are completely irrelevant. I've seen that first hand. When I started a successful career, my results with women did not change one bit. Chase and Hector have both explained how they got some of their best results while overweight. But I can work on the voice and see if there is anything I can add to my skincare regimen. Then I can work on the teeth. Thanks. I'm also going to look into reversing the order of my double barreled opener and also trying indirect openers.

My aim in life is to have children and be a family man. I just need to my 900 or so approaches and I will get there. That, of course, is in inextricably linked with getting women in my life. These meaningful questions about having a purpose etc. have no place in a daygame session unless you're discussing it with a woman you approached! So I'm not going to worry about it. All of these things like showing vulnerability, having a purpose, not chasing etc. mean nothing if you can't get her to stop, so they're irrelevant to me for now!

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
gotta have eye contact....Always. No street stop will work if you ambush them. If she is not going to return eye contact then no approach will work.

Once she meets your eye contact a simple smile and "Hi" creates the opportunity to talk. Let your game begin.

I've had runners stop going opposite me to talk with that I made this eye contact with. Others just put their head down and carried on....The ones who stopped usually opened me after the initial "Hi".

In Line at the market...Making eye contact HUGE returns...

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey Fuck this,

You pretty much answered where I screwed up with this nice looking Asian girl . I was in this cafe and getting heavy Ioi's but there was tons of social pressure. So I was thinking I was being considerate by opening her outside the cafe when she was walking away with her girlfriend. But, there was no eyecontact first and there might have been an ambush like feeling which startled her. Because interest was definetely there. Next time I will just walk up to her, or slide her one of my personal cards to keep it low key. Better than a wild pokemon appears kind of situation I guess. :)

strictlyincreasing

Space Monkey
space monkey
Fuck This said:
gotta have eye contact....Always. No street stop will work if you ambush them. If she is not going to return eye contact then no approach will work.

Once she meets your eye contact a simple smile and "Hi" creates the opportunity to talk. Let your game begin.

I've had runners stop going opposite me to talk with that I made this eye contact with. Others just put their head down and carried on....The ones who stopped usually opened me after the initial "Hi".

In Line at the market...Making eye contact HUGE returns...

So this is pre-opening. I looked at Chase's article on street stops.
https://www.girlschase.com/content/tact ... treet-stop

According to the instructions there, I should be making eye contact, smiling and waving before I say anything. Have you guys tried waving with street stops? At worst, it seems like it will get me used to moving my hands so that I am more likely to use it a moment later to signal her to stop. It also says that if my street stops are having no impact, then I need to be more commanding e.g. a more commanding voice tone, getting more in front of her etc. Those last things seem correct to me because that's what somebody else said to me when they first saw me street stopping.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
JacobPalmer-
JacobPalmer said:
Just personal experience and talking with people. I obviously haven't done a scientific study on this. Although I'm guessing you also don't have a scientific study backing up your claim haha. I checked your link though and yes, part of it is going to depend on timing, the older you are. the higher the chance that you'll get bored with pickup and want to have other goals. But that's only because they've already gotten their fill.

True on the last point, you'll never have to make that choice. But extremes are a good way to showcase examples. In reality you can definitely do both. I'm just saying the underlying cause of most things is always going to be survival: mating, food, and shelter.
To be honest, if you expressed yourself richer and added proper quoting stating which of your sentence actually is an answer to which of my statement that would help the understanding between us.

Space said:
I've added some additional info right into the middle of my previous message meanwhile you already wrote your answer.
Did you have a chance to check these? I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. A forum perhaps isn't the best place for a discussion like this. Or is it?

It's no surprise in the other topic I was confused by your geography. :) Oh. It was a rant only, you didn't mean to discuss your idea with others in the nitty-gritty. That's OK. Hey, at least I seem to be on the same page with naturalmikey on the geography question.

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Space said:
JacobPalmer-
JacobPalmer said:

To be honest, if you expressed yourself richer and added proper quoting stating which of your sentence actually is an answer to which of my statement that would help the understanding between us.

Space said:
Did you have a chance to check these? I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. A forum perhaps isn't the best place for a discussion like this. Or is it?

It's no surprise in the other topic I was confused by your geography. :) Oh. It was a rant only, you didn't mean to discuss your idea with others in the nitty-gritty. That's OK. Hey, at least I seem to be on the same page with naturalmikey on the geography question.

I did add the quoting lol

>