Being rogue or riding for glory?

GreekLetterMale

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi all,

A few hours ago I scored a lay on the second date with a girl. A few days ago some drama was looming over my head because of social circle game. I don't want to get into details too much. Chase mentions in this article: https://www.girlschase.com/content/maki ... -and-donts that
The ability to elicit strong emotions is the nuclear power of seduction: capable of lighting up a city (when used judiciously) or of razing one (when used clumsily or vengefully).
I've been trying to fight the drama from social circle game with fire. But the whole social circle experience has lead me to believe that it's possible that all the plotlines created while I was a part of the circle have had some impact on the frames operating in my city, since I've been using the power of jealousy clumsily. I think I'm operating in a less-than-dominant conservative frame in a culture that is on the fence about making a shift to a more conversative frame.

I notice that people don't really see me for who I am or try to get to know me, but project the frame in which I seem to fit to them. Stereotypes and black and white thinkers doing their projecting, nothing new, I know. But I guess I'm looking for ways to operate more lowkey, since I don't appreciate being a celebrity, having a reputation, a price on my head, moral warfare (even though it can be thrilling), etc. I'm more of a rogue by nature. What I like about the rogue approach is that it gives me room to make mistakes without being slaughtered. Obviously I try and learn from my mistakes, meditating on failures, writing stuff down, etc. But I like the possibility of going back to the drawing board and doing things all over again. On top of that I'm not that fast of a thinker, I'm a bit of a dumbass, so I take really small steps as to fuck up the least amount.

Operating in the conversative frame has actually given me lots of confidence and I don't think I could leave it right now. But I just notice in people around me, whether on the streets, school, or wherever, that I'm operating in a hot plotline. People operating in other frames don't want me to win and would even go so far as to put a price on my head or wage moral warfare with me. I guess it could be considered both an exercise in overcoming fear and/or a way to find hone my skills as a rogue.

I feel all the writers at Girlschase have been at this point somewhere along their journey and what made them succeed was overcoming their fear by for instance engaging in moral warfare, not necessarily honing their rogue skills and find more ways to cloak and hide themselves. Yet I live in a city which is very interconnected. Lots of social cohesion; politically engaged people, most of them a part of some sport group, student association, religious group, volunteer work, etc. So every win made by me will be felt by somebody coming from a rivalling frame, is my impression. That lay I made a few hours ago I guess is such an anomaly in terms of what happens on the field of seduction in this city, that one text message the girl sends to some texting group could be picked up by a lot of people in a matter of minutes. Not fully detailed ofcourse, but the gist of the story and the accompanying emotions. I guess I could be paranoid though? I've been trying the riding for glory approach, not giving in to paranoia and battling everyone. It fuels my ego and is an important part of my journey.

Yet I don't like the idea of accumulating heat. What I'm asking is the following: have you guys experienced reputation stuff, a price on your head or moral warfare and how did you deal with it? Following up on that question, my next question is: do you think I'm right for using the riding for glory approach, i.e. is that the way to the top, or should I look for ways to be more rogue?

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I had an 80 year old man tell my mother I made sexual advances on one of my employees. Nothing of the sort ever happened.

When it comes down to it people will make up shit about you when they resent or envy you. As you become more skilled you WILL accumulate haters who can never come close to your results.

The key is to conduct yourself in a manner that you can be proud of so that when the rumors circulate you can just point to your actions as proof of the truth.

Now if your character is being assassinated for something you did, then either own it and let the world burn around you, or be contrite and "change your ways". There is NO middle ground.

>