Girl is showing interest but I am having issues with attainablity.

gevans

Rookie
Rookie
Hi everyone I recently started reading Girls Chase and watching the videos they are very informative but I find myself in a situation that I don't know what to make of and none of the articles really cover it. So I thought I would ask the forum for advice. The short story is that the girl I am wanting to date is showing interest but is throwing up a major attainability wall. The long story is a bit more complicated.

So the girl I am wanting to date is a coworker of mine. To be more exact she is my counterpart meaning we do the same job but we work opposite days since it is just the two of us. I of course was the one to train her which allowed me to talk to her and at least somewhat get to know her. While sparks didn't fly the conversations were always comfortable and not awkward. Then some coworkers started heckling me for having gotten her number. Which I really do need for work purposes. During that it was obvious that I liked her and I admitted as much to them. They pushed me to ask her out. Which I resisted since she is a coworker and I also just over thought everything.

Then word spread so I got several people who would almost daily ask me if I had texted her or asked her out. One day while I was present one of my coworker let slip to my crush's dad who also works with us that I liked her. Hi response was something along the line of I don't care I stopped greeting her boyfriend with a shotgun years ago. What I got out of it was that she is single, dad didn't mention a boyfriend and that her dad didn't care if I dated her.

Fast forward to last Thursday I go into work and one of my female coworkers asks if I have texted or ask out my crush yet. I say no and the she says I really should. The coworker had told the girl I have a crush on that I like her. I'm not sure when this was but anyway my coworker tells me that my crush was saying she wanted me to text her and ask her. She went so far as to ask my coworker why I wouldn't text her and if it was because of her dad that he doesn't intimidate her boyfriends anymore. So I go back into work on Friday and the same coworker is there and asks me if I ask have texted my crush yet. I decided to shit test her and I say yes I asked her out be she said no. My coworker got upset say something along the lines of I don’t understand she said she wanted you to ask her out. I then told that I hadn’t ask her out and was messing with her. At I am like great I got a girl who I am sexual attracted to, whose personality I like, who is available, and who is showing interest. Quite a bit of interest actually. I of course decide I better hit this and now.

I my intention was to ask her out in person on Saturday or Sunday but do to unexpected circumstances that was not possible. I texted her asking about her schedule Sunday evening but did not get a reply. I suspect my text did not go through. I decided to wait a little bit before texting her again. Monday evening I go into work and the same coworker who has been talking about me to my crush is there. She said she worked Sunday and my crush asked about me again. I then decide to text her while I’m on break and we text off and on for about four hours since we are both doing stuff. Going into it I was confident that since she was available and showed interest that as long as I don’t pick a stupid first date like sky diving or an inconvenient time I was assured at least one date.

gevans

Rookie
Rookie
First I asked about a work related thing that I wanted to be clear on just to see if she is able to talk. She quickly answers I then ask her what her schedule for the rest of this week is like. She replies work or outside of work. I say outside of work. She tells me what her week is like but I got the feeling that she was thinking along the lines of me asking her to work for me. I then told her I would be walking some local trails this Saturday in the afternoon and asked if she would like to join me. Adding that we could get some ice cream or coffee afterwards before I drop her off for work. I still don’t that that is a bad date idea.
She as I expected said yes and ask whether she should have her dad drop her off or if I would pick her up. I of course offered to pick her up and she agreed to it. I then ask where I should pick her up. I should point out there was about an hour between when I asked that and when she replied. This will make the first part of her response make sense.

She replies and I quote, “Sorry about that, took a shower but I guess at my house its (her address). And just so you know I do have a girlfriend. But I think it’d be fun to hang out with you.” Needless to say that was completely out of left field. It took me by surprise and confused me. Not knowing what else to do but ignore and roll with it I replied “ Cool see you then.” That is how the conversation stands.

This evening Tuesday I went into work and the same coworker was there and she asked me if I had texted my crush yet. I said yes I had. To which she replied that she didn’t believe me. Which fair enough I have messed with her before. But I insisted saying I had texted her but it hadn’t went as expected. She asked what I meant I said that she would have better luck with my crush then me. She of course was like what? I then said that my crush had told me that she has a girlfriend. Her response was one of disbelief so I should her the text. She said it didn’t make any sense being that my crush had repeatedly talked to her about me asking her out. I then showed the text to another coworker who was there and has worked with my crush before that is lesbian. Her response was something like. “How come I didn’t know this. I can’t believe I didn’t see it”.

So needless to say I am confused. No answer completely makes sense. If she was only interested in me as a friend why confide in another girl that she is wanting me to text her and ask her out. This seems like something a girl who has a crush on a guy would do. If it was some form of rejection due to value, interest, or attainability why express interest and accept the date. Instead of saying thanks for the offer but I have a girlfriend/boyfriend. Her dad didn’t say anything about a boyfriend so I am assuming her text was correct and not a slip of auto correct and that he doesn’t know she is dating a girl.
That leaves me with a date on Saturday that I don’t know what I am getting into. I’m sure the date will go fine but I am hoping that some forum member can offer me some insight or advise so I am better informed on Saturday.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
If you had 3 other girls texting you would you be worried about this?

Meet other girls and then tell us if this is still a problem. I'm guessing it would not be.

Let her realize you have options and it will be her who will be after you if she is interested....

>