So a Girl texted me we need a break

ramshead

Space Monkey
space monkey
So I’ve been going out with a girl for 5 months. We do work together and today she texted that we needed a break. It was my fault I was being to flirty with her at work lately and some coworkers have been noticing and it didn’t help that a gay coworker saw us having lunch and spreed the rumor even more last week. Before I was really cold I would only text her to go out and be passionate with her when we went out and back to cold after. But then she got transferred to a desk next to me and we both became extremely flirty.

So today She texted we need to talk later

Me -yeah (since we had planned a road trip)

Her - not on the phone

Me - are you free for coffee tomorrow

Her - no

Me - when are you free

Her - I didnt want to bug you

Me - ok whenever

Her - I don’t like how people are talking about us lately. Ever since they saw us having lunch and you coming to my desk.

Me -yeah I noticed it aswell that’s why I don’t come over anymore

Her - well you keep coming over and so do I. I just feel like we need a break from each other.

Me - ok I feel you

Her - trust me I’m sad about it

I left it at that

I’ve really gotten to like this girl I’m not in love but I do like her. I won’t chase her but since we work together it’s going to be hard to go MIA on her. How is the best was to handle this I want to give it six weeks before I try to ping her and see where it goes. Any suggestions on how to handle this. I do like her but there’s more girls and I’m dating a couple girls right know

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
That's the whole idea of not Dating/Fucking co workers. It's not while it is going on, it is when it ends. The hurt, then the jealousy.

You need to be planning an exit strategy.

ramshead

Space Monkey
space monkey
I’m not hurt at all I like hanging out with her as a friend that I get to fuck later. Jealousy is not an issue she gets hit on at work and the street all the time.

happydagger

Space Monkey
space monkey
I think you're on the right track just giving her the space that she's asking for. I really think the desk change is what really messed things up. Is there anyway for you to go somewhere else or for her to go back where she was? With all the rumors and gossip, the desk proximity is just too much. It's hard to give her a chance to miss you when you're fucking right over her shoulder.

ramshead

Space Monkey
space monkey
I Cont move do to the departments being grouped and she sits in the row in front of me 3 desks to the left. I’m just keeping a low profile. I did noticed she was smiling at me today but I was still cold to her.

happydagger

Space Monkey
space monkey
When you're ready to re-engage, try the old classroom trick of throwing shit at her when she's not looking, or nailing her with a spitball :)

>