Meeting this girl tonight- FINALLY

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I have a date with a girl I met online about 2 years ago.

Back Story: When I first met her, she had given me her # and friended me on Facebook. I had tried to get a date scheduled with no luck a few times back when we first met. I gradually stopped texting and we have basically just liked/commented on each other's Facebook updates off & on for the past 2 years (lol).

Current Situation: She sent me a Facebook message out of the blue about a week ago, and we started talking and I told her she "owed me a date still"- and so, we made plans for tonight. I just texted her to confirm & she said she's excited about it. So- it's on... :)

I'm just wondering if anyone has any additional advice for me in this scenario, other than the general "take her someplace close to your house, then touching/framing/deep-dive etc, then move to my house & escalate". It's still basically a "blind date" since we've never actually met... I'm mainly worried about failing because we've known each other so long & never went out. She probably already envisions me simply as "the guy who couldn't get her to go on a date". What do you guys think?

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
NJ,

I would treat this like any other date. As long as you didn't screw up the interaction somehow over the last 2 years (meaning you got whiny/needy/desperate/angry/etc.), then you can typically run this date as if you just met her. In fact, when things kinda come together like this after a long period of time without seeing one another, a girl can be quite excited as she might see it as a "fate" type of thing that you two are finally coming together for a date. She'll most likely be anxious and excited, which is a great emotion to capitalize on.

Grab a drink (and make things fun and flirty), invite her home, escalate, and don't let her down. ;)

Cheers,

Franco

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Thanks, Franco! It's tough to read because we've never actually interacted in person before. I think if I just go in with the mindset that she is going out with me for a reason- and that reason is because she wants me & not because she's "throwing me a bone" or something stupid, because she feels like she "owes it to me", etcetera.

I know the old me wouldn't have even gotten the date. It would have been just like it was 2 years ago when I first met her- I'd text her daily trying to make conversation up until the day of, come off as overly excited about it, and just generally act like a clueless douche bag that does not deserve the simple, basic human right to touch a vagina. hahaha.

Truthfully, I sense a bit of surprise in her texts/messages since I started talking to her again. It's almost like she can tell she is dealing with a totally different persona than she was 2 years ago.

>