Casual/FWB  Repost from General: to visit or not

heidegger123

Space Monkey
space monkey
So I was in what's now called a "situationship" for a month, where you do a lot of relationshipy things but there's no official exclusivity. Anyway, she moved for the summer, and initially was hoping that I'd visit her.

The problem, part 1: the txting dynamic caught up with me, and I seem to have lost her attraction. Initially, she would always be the one to send the first txt, and despite being hesitant about this sort of thing, eventually sent me sexual pictures of herself. Then, after I didn't reply for 3 days (the longest time yet), she sent a feeler txt. For some inexplicable reason, I began to read subtext into it, and responded a bit excessively. And then, before she even responded to that, I found myself waking up feeling delirious, and at that time found it appropriate to txt her that I missed her too (my brain must have been thinking her feeler txt was as good as her saying she missed me).

part 1 cont. She asks if I meant to send that to her (ouch). I say yea and pivot to another topic. In the course of the ensuing back and forth, my attempts to take the conversation a sexual direction are rebuffed badly. For instance, when she started talking about a sexual topic, I tried to chase frame that, making a remark about where her mind was at the time, and she was like "uh, idk what that's supposed to mean." Quite cold. This just trails off and I stop replying. Two days since, we've communicated, but really about nothing and only very briefly.

part 2. So I've suddenly gotten the feeling that something has changed. In a matter of two days, it seems I substantially put myself on the back foot. This leads to the dilemma of visiting.

By visiting, I could either a) reinvigorate the whole thing by banging her or b) dig my way closer to the friendzone by investing like that. I wouldn't be investing Too much by visiting since I'd be going up with a friend who was going there anyway, and there are fun things to do where she is. But that's the dilemma. My goal is to have it so that when she gets back, we go on like we were, having a good time banging each other. At this point in time, I am not sure what the best move is in service of that goal, given recent events. Do I pull back, even to the length of cancelling the plans to visit, and hope her in-person impression of me and the memories of good sex do my work for me? Or do I try to simply "re-set" the inevitably negative dynamic of a long-distance situation by seeing her in person and hoping that will cancel it all out?

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
The reason for the visit should be for something else other than visiting her.
Tell her "i'm going to be in XXXXX next weekend, we should get together while I'm there."
If she asks what you are doing tell her as if she was not going to be there. A good sign is if she says "Will I see you?"

Keep an eye out for if she inquires if she can join, or if you will have time after/between activities to meet.

Either way have the mindset you are going to do that stuff solo or with another friend and if she is interested to join, she is welcome.

Be sure she is interested before you invite her.

And you know she might not be. Move on.

But in my experience, when a woman invites you to see her alone she wants to bang. I had an ex Gf who visited her friend during spring break in my hometown. She invited me to come visit her at the friends apartment. Alone. You connect the dots.

>