Casual/FWB  Texting advice

geralt of rivia

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi guys I thought I would post my texts I've had with this girl I slept with on the weekend who I would like to turn into a casual sex buddy. I don't consider my text game to be very strong. am I asking too many questions?. Her response times have been pretty slow I think, and I've tried to mirror which is making the whole convo feel slow. Please feel free to cringe haha. Advice on I could have done better and what to do next would be great my current plan is to just wait, but what if I don't get a response after like 3 days?, cheers

My first text:
12.15pm sunday, me: how'd your day of drinking go yesterday "her name", get back on the horse alright?
12.31pm her: hey whose this?! haha
12.48pm me: oh I thought my number was inscribed upon your heart(teary face, teary face, winky face)
2.13pm her: Haha!!! I'm far too hopeless for such shenanigans!
3.32pm me: alright then I guess you are!(toungue out face) Its Nick
3.44pm her: I am very!! Haha sorry :p hey! May day of drinking didn't go down too well for me yesterday!! haha how was yours?
3.57pm me: haha why? did you get sick? mine was awesome- we hired golf carts cuase we couldn't be fucked walking, played shit but the chat was solid :)
4.26pm her: haha a little, couldn't stomach much ae! holy shot that's freaking amazing, were you guys drinking as well?
5.39pm me: nah, not a trooper like you! ben was keen but everyones else was too hungover. it was funny cause we were the only young ones there and the only ones driving around! what were you drinking?
8.56pm her: hah I cant say that really counts as being a trooper, I was pretty fail! Evereyone was probably hating on you for being such scoundrels(toungue out face) Just cider, everyones else had crates
The next day:
8.20am me: Yeah I don't think the oldies were impressed with us racing around and doing skids haha. I cant drink cider aye. have you got uni today?
10.26am her: haha well that's no fun, got to be careful of that grass ;) buts so good! :p nah its semester break so I have a couple of weeks off!!
11.45am me: nah its too sickly sweet!!(toungue face) Oh lucky you'll have plenty of time for fun then!;) Have you got much work on?
3.20pm her: sweetness is goodness though :p haha lots of fun to be had, I have a few assignment to do though :( nope... I quit my job yesterday haha!
5.01pm me: Really, why'd you quit your Pita Pit? (shocked face).If you get assignmnts done quickly then you can expand in this fun(thinking face)
5.24pm her: I hated working there and I just didn't agree with how the owner treated the staff!! I think I was too over qualified to makes sandwiches haha. Hha or as per usual just avoid my assignmnets and have fun anyways ;D
5.40pm me: ha fair enough, but I never got to try your specialty sandwich!:( that's what made me a shot student hah, you must be better at drilling them out last minute!
6.27pm her: haha I think youll live :p , don't have to be working there to make sandwhiches haha! its a bit of an art form, ive had four years of practice!
7.13om me: Oh true, youll be a master-sounds good! Ill have to come over and sample one of your delicious homemade creations! (toungue out face)
7.42om her: Haha you wont like my homemade ones! I have food intolerances for Africa!
8.25pm me: Oh don't worry, Ill be eating it not you!! ;) Unless you can get affected second hand in some way...(pondering face
8.45pm her: Haha devouring it I'd hope :p ewww my life would be over if that were the case!
9.07pm me: Oh that's not all i'll be devouring! ;) . What foods are you intolerant of? I'll make sure to clean my pallet of them next time(toungue out face)
the next day:
no response as of yet and its almost 5pm
that last message of mine sounds so dickish when I read it back haha

ray_zorse

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hmm, well it's okay to have fun, there's nothing wrong with sending sexy messages and thereby screening girls, but I think what's happened is the sexually charged message has come off a bit incongruent considering the rest of the convo was quite light and friendly. Also what I see here is far too much texting and investment on your part. She gets tired with the conversation dragging on and no concrete date proposal.

I also think you missed a window, when she said she doesn't have much on (holidays) that was the time to say "oh cool, well how about come over Monday and we'll see if we can fill in a bit of that free time"... you could even put quotes around "fill in" haha. Problem is that if you miss a window, and you keep going on with the banter and friendly conversation she doesn't respect you, she sees you as a texting buddy. Hmm.

As to where to take things now, it appears to me you've screened her for sexy-talk and roleplay and she isn't down, and I reckon your best bet is basically to move on.

Otherwise, like I said in the other thread, you can re-engage after 10 days, but I honestly don't see what you could say that would improve matters, if you start with some more friendly banter then it just cements you in the friendzone, whereas if you start immediately with inviting her out it's also a bit jarring and invites further ignoring. Fuck.

Ray

geralt of rivia

Space Monkey
space monkey
yeah definitely missed that opportunity, I feel like I was hinting quite a bit that id like to come over but I never straight up said it and just carried on bantering and then tried to end the banter with something that came off wrong. Ill probably flick her a message on the weekend or early next week. So do you think I should be honest and direct if I do?

Hector Papi Castillo

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Tell her that you kill monsters for a living and get mad stacks doing it. Then whip out your silver sword, cuz that's what you use to slay the pussy.

When she asks what the fuck you're talking about, respond with this

witcher-3-geralt-chair-confusion-1024x541.png

- Anatman

geralt of rivia

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hahaha, that would be funny to do, bit I'm sure it'd go down terribly, self amusement is good though!

>