What counts as old anyway?

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I have had only 6 committed relationships in my life, and the pattern for me seems to be that the age of the girl at the start of the relationship doesn’t change much: usually early to mid-twenties.

Age at beginning of relationship, Marty (M) / Girl (G):

M: 20 G: 23
M: 21 G: 24
M: 22 G: 27
M: 25 G: 22
M: 38 G: 25
M: 43 G: 21

I was very slow to mature socially (the first three ladies, who were older than me, helped to remedy that). Age has varied a little more widely, at both ends, in the small number of casual encounters I’ve had.

My game is practically nonexistent (as anyone who has read my FRs will know!), although I do get the vibe from women that I’m moderately good-looking, and I do what I can to take care of other fundamentals. I’m high in social confidence, but not at all socially outgoing, needing plenty of time alone. Success? Middling, I’m a head of department at a major corporation; I’ve been on six figures since about 2011, but I’m not a big deal in any sense and certainly don’t have a side hustle.

If I had to guess, I think what explains the pattern is that I tend to be skeptical of the background and intentions of women who are as yet unattached beyond their mid-thirties. That may be unfair, and it is not my intention to discriminate, but since I tend to be excessively trusting and not good at reading between the lines, I can’t be sure that I can rely on my own intuition, and therefore err on the side of caution.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
@Skills, I am not raining on your parade, but I think you mentioned before you are on TRT. Nothing wrong with that, but can you share with us if this helped you at all?

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
OP, I have a funny observation for you. Back when I was in my early 20s, I took a group tour trip to Europe from a website. It used to be that you had to be between 18 and 28 to take part. Now? 18 and 35. Its weird. Maybe COVID had the age ranges expanded but I am finding that with every passing generation, the age of old gets...older.

>