Wealth  "Pay for coaching" button

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hi all,

In case the management is interested in creating an additional revenue stream, i for one would be prepared to make a one-off or periodic payment for advice on specific situations (filed FRs that are unresolved either way as yet, for example).

You could make it a button on a specific report where you "pay for advice" and it takes you to PayPal or whatever payment gateway you use, then e.g. Chase, Franco or Hector comment on your FR within 48 hours.

Or you could buy some kind of "gold membership" monthly or annually such that any time you file a FR, one of the leadership responds in 48 hours.

I think you could generate a reasonable amount of revenue. I would certainly be prepared to pay either the one-off fee on multiple occasions, or buy a membership.

Marty

Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Marty,

If the writers / admins are down, I would so be for this. The hour coaching sessions can give you a BUNCH of advice in the full hour, whereas this could be a quick, easy, "You fucked up here. Do this instead."

I would certainly be prepared to pay either the one-off fee on multiple occasions, or buy a membership.

Retweet

Hueman

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Looking at your existing price architecture ($50 for an email, $200 for an hour's phone call), you could set your price point at maybe $50 for the one-off FR analysis, $300 for 90 days' ongoing support.

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I don't think this would be a good idea for a place like this forum. I think it breaks the collaborative purpose of the forums, and that would skew the responses/spirit of contributing, and that what consultations are for...

You can pay a 1 hour consultation and go back and forth on the situation and get homework in the end. Maybe splitting the call into smaller chunks could be another way of making it work.

I actually think GC has (or had) email consultations for that. IIRC, you paid a price for 10 email credits or maybe 30 days of contact. If this had to happen, doing it over email would be a better idea, but if it doesn't exist anymore probably it was too much hassle for the return it brought.

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Big Daddy said:
I don't think this would be a good idea for a place like this forum. I think it breaks the collaborative purpose of the forum
Understood; suggestion withdrawn.

>