How to deal with girls who later tell you, via text, that they have a boyfriend?

Atlas IV

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Met a girl recently via day game. We vibed great in person, lots of sexual sub-communication and flirting. This continued over text, and I could tell she was super attracted to me.

Soft close -> hard close, I ask her what day works best for her -> she said she will get back to me.

6 hours later, she texts me this:
Hey, I'm really sorry for the late reply.
I have something I want to tell you. I have a boyfriend. If you don't mind, can we be friends?
If I don't tell you, it wouldn't be fair to you.

I replied (thinking aloofness and reassurance might be the best angle):
hey that's okay
just so u know
i'm not looking for a relationship right now
because I travel a lot
u just seemed cute and my type of girl and I wanted to get to know you
I understand tho

She replied: Okay that's good.

Not even sure how to process this. Usually a girl will mention the boyfriend earlier than this unless they're entertaining the thought of cheating(?). Perhaps her conscience got the better of her? She's in her early 30s, so maybe she's not interested in messing up something stable in her life even if she's not satisfied with it.

How can I handle this sort of situation in future to put myself out of the "boyfriend" category and into the "lover" category in her mind?

topcat

Modern Human
Modern Human
hey that's okay
just so u know
i'm not looking for a relationship right now
because I travel a lot
u just seemed cute and my type of girl and I wanted to get to know you
I understand tho
You’re saying too much, instead:

“no worries, i appreciate your honesty :) as friends…how’s your schedule looking?”

Atlas IV

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You’re saying too much, instead:

“no worries, i appreciate your honesty :) as friends…how’s your schedule looking?”
Oh true! I was way overthinking this... The ONLY goal should be to get her face to face so that I can run game on her.

I sent her: "So, as friends, hows your schedule looking for a coffee? :)"
Her: "Tomorrow?"

Boom, it's on! Only thing is that I guess I'm now technically friend-zoned in her mind, but I think some sex talk gambits and non-verbals should be enough to break out of that.

topcat

Modern Human
Modern Human
Boom, it's on! Only thing is that I guess I'm now technically friend-zoned in her mind, but I think some sex talk gambits and non-verbals should be enough to break out of
Yeah you’ve got it. If the vibe you set doesn’t conform with the friend zone frame, then you can’t be friendzoned. Just chill out, lay back, get her talking, be sexy and lead things towards the bedroom while maintaining her comfort.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Oh true! I was way overthinking this... The ONLY goal should be to get her face to face so that I can run game on her.

I sent her: "So, as friends, hows your schedule looking for a coffee? :)"
Her: "Tomorrow?"

Boom, it's on! Only thing is that I guess I'm now technically friend-zoned in her mind, but I think some sex talk gambits and non-verbals should be enough to break out of that.
i personally liked what you wrote, you needed to address the objection which you did, but then you were missing moving it forward...my point is you did not overthink...

Hector Papi Castillo

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
1. Don't go after girls with boyfriends.

2 Don't white lie that you want to be friends. Big dick swingers are honest about their intentions.

So +1 to Karea and Skills liking your first text better. So technically it's the best move and you can use it next time when a girl who is single has an objection and being a fuckboy is the solution to it but ya don't go after girls with BFs.

Trust me on this one. Karma wins every time.

This is coming from a dude who LOVED shagging girls with boyfriends. It was a fetish for me to be the bull.

Others may not care and they may have objections, but I'm not debating this just giving you some advice that can save you a lot of trouble down the road.

Hector

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Trust me on this one. Karma wins every time.

This is coming from a dude who LOVED shagging girls with boyfriends. It was a fetish for me to be the bull.

Others may not care and they may have objections, but I'm not debating this just giving you some advice that can save you a lot of trouble down the road.
+1 to this as well. Karma is real and I found out the hard way, several times.

>